Fix Character Bullet On Individual Scene

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by TheGameAppStudio, Jul 15, 2018.

1. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,
    I am making a level based game
    Start Scene - A character bullet is set to character and triggers on shooting.When session points reaches the level it naviagates to next scene ui and begins scene 1

Scene 1 - The Shoot button no longer functions.Its just idle.

Does any one have similar problem ?

Note : An object been dropped to scene and set as character bullet and have connected from character to trigger.When it goes to next scene the bullet doesn't shoot.

2. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

try to jump menu to new gameplay UI with no shoot button???

3. TheGameAppStudio

Tried still no use.Btw i need shoot button.The thing is the game has two identical character.One button triggers shoot and other button jump (which performs as shoot here)As i need two button on left and right to trigger bullet.On scene one it works fine and while reaching session points it navigates to another ui which shows next scene button.On clicking button the next scene begins and character starts to move but there is no action performed with shoot or jump button no matter whatever i tried to make it work.Also on first scene i have added object and have attached to character as character bullet which spwans while shooting and jumping(which is second shoot button).It works on star scene but not in next scene.Its strange really.

4. TheGameAppStudio

5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Try placing the bullets into the Shooting Animation rather than just connecting the bullet to the character.

6. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,Yup i tried that before place one in shooting animation and one on jump animation.Jump animation triggers bullet on left and shoot on right.It contains two identical character on both sides.It works on start scene but not in other scenes .Have added a bbdoc with one character on this thread https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...ld-attached-bbdoc-how-can-i.13250/#post-73117
    Kindly take a look if possible and thank you :)

7. TheGameAppStudio

8. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

Will have a look!

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You don't need to link the bullet to the Character using connection mode.
    Just unlink it, then copy/paste it into the Character shooting animation and it works on both Scenes in your BBDoc.
    See updated BBDoc

Attached Files:

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  10. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,Yes it works well.Thank you.But i need two button ui functions ie shoot and jump (where jump act as shoot) .I couldn't make this jump work .Also same character must be on both side i.e character on left triggers shooting to jump button and right side character to jump button.

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You can layer buttons on the UI so one tap does Jump and Shoot

12. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,Yes i did like this.I found the reason why i can't perform both jump and shoot individually for character bullet.The reason is my character is a gun so one points towards right and other left (flip horizontal) so while shooting and jumping character bullet from both side would come face off.If it was just like ball in demo it might have worked.Now either i must change around 15 game characters to have this feature or let it be as it is with just shooting option.
    Thanks for helping with unlock screen :)