Multiple Games In The App Store

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by visionarymonkey, Jul 6, 2018.

1. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

Does anyone have any insight on the impact of publishing multiple games in the app store? For example does one game increase the chance of the other games getting downloaded. I'm about to release my second game Brighter Fighter and I was curious to know if it would have any impact on my first game Roto Strike.

Looking forward to hearing about other peoples experiences.

Thanks

2. PLASSA

PLASSA Boxer

The more games you have, the higher chance of someone finding your game and downloading it, and the more eyeballs you have on your game the more you can promote your other games through cross-promotion and social media. Also if people are on a downloading streak they will often scroll down to see "Similar apps" section and that also will have a section above it for "Games made by the same developer".

And lastly since every company is using machine learning etc.. so most likely if you're a developer who has already published games and have gotten downloads and good reviews, you would most likely trigger something in the store's algorithm that would say "this dev is trusted because he has had good products in the past" so you're more likely to be in the "similar games" section or to get featured and talked about etc.. :)

Christoph likes this.
  3. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

Plassa,

Thanks for taking the time to share your insight.

4. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Cross promotion only works if you already have people looking at least one of your games. You should focus your energy on marketing your first game instead of hoping to get people's attention with another game. You're in competition with hundreds of other new games that are uploaded to the App Store daily. You're basically set up to fail from the start unless you figure out a way to get people to look at your stuff. This is why people seek out deals with popular publishers. They get the attention a game needs to succeed.