I Need Help Killing My Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Mrsi, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

I need to know how to make it so when my character goes off the screen they die, I have tried this with changing the colors of the borders from white to yellow to red, (see picture), but it doesn't die when it goes off screen and I have to kind of shave my mouse in order for my character to die. Thanks for your help in advance.

Attached Files:

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Make the grey color background as an object and set it as an enemy.

Mrsi likes this.
  3. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

but I want my character to be able to touch the gray objects and not die. I need my character to die when it goes off the screen.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

The game frame in your image is set to "Orange" colour, this will not kill your character, you need to set your side frame boarder to "Red", this will kill your character at those borders. If you've tried red and it's not working, either something else is at play here, or the game frame has a bug, best check with support.

Alternatively, you can simply make your own frame objects and position in at the sides and set it to enemy > kill character on impact, that will do the trick. I use this method sometimes and I use a small 10 x 10px square graphic that I stretch to the height of the screen I'm working on and set it to enemy, just off to the side of the play screen so you can't see it. If you need these border to be slightly inside your visible game play area, then set the opacity of them to -1 and you're good to go.

Mrsi and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@mobac yup follow the above method :) mentioned by @Phill Mason .Looking at screenshot i thought the player must move only on top of white image.

Mrsi likes this.
  6. Mrsi

Mrsi Boxer

Thanks everyone!