Buildbox 2.3.6 Official Release

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Wait. I wish I would have. The bugs are there, I have successfully found work arounds for each, but some of them, especially action item collusion boxes hanging around, drove me crazy!

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Can you guys send a simple example BBDOC so we can check this out? If you already did let me know so I can hunt it down and check this out.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Sending one now. It shows an action item placed into an object, collusion box stays. Sending to support email

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I sent you a response via the support system, let me know if you don't get it.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Didn't get anything yet. But no rush. Thanks for sending it. Like I said I have already found work arounds for the issues I have encountered so far.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think we all are interested in this response?

AaroArts likes this.
  7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Will send a BBDoc tomorrow morning.

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, understood. I don't have any answers yet. I am asking for more info.

Christoph likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Dang, let me reply here. I know we've had a couple issues lately with our support software delivering emails. :-(

"I see what you are talking about but I have a few things to bring up as I'm doing a full review of this and do not necessarily see any real issue here... yet.

1) Why are you putting the action inside a regular object? Does using a straight up action not do what you want?

2) If you require nesting the action inside another object then you can set the Platform object to "No Collide" and this will behave almost identically as just using a straight up action without nesting it inside another object.

3) Finally, is this a changed behavior from a previous release? Can you let me know what release you were using?

I'm trying to understand the end game result you are looking for."

10. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

It is the simplest method to have an object grant rewards and still control the collision because you are dealing with an object and not an action. You are right, I can copy it by setting an object to "No Collide" but what if I want "Collide, No Destroy" and am doing Advanced moves off the object.
    Just was always easier to nest the action and never had to worry about the Actions collusion point hanging around on the screen. If it hangs on the screen, then player can double hit it.

Nested action items now really screw up the collision boxes when you dramatically change the scale in a scene. This is something that never occurred before.

Secondly, Paths do not work in Zig-Zag game mode, maybe never did, it is something I just stumbled on, set a path for your character and see if it works. Its a quick test.

I just updated from 2.35, and these issue became apparent right away.

Your advice is great, I appreciate it.

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks Andy.

I have another problem related with audio.

I'm not sure what causes the issue but I thought I would post it here nonetheless. Maybe you guys have an idea or someone else is experience the same.

It's about a glitch in the audio. In this case after picking up an action (coin). It sounds and immediately after it there is the glitch. When I play the same audio in finder or even within Buildbox in the action settings, the glitch is not there. It's only in preview.

And to be fair, it seems it's not there on device either, at least not on iOS.

But for example to playtest on preview it's a pain in the ass. And to record for a trailer or a gameplay video it's impossible.

I can't upload the audio here since the forum admin disabled uploads completely. But you can listen to it here:
    https://clyp.it/0dvgnfbk (only available in the next 24 hours)
    As you hear the sound for the coin and after just a very small pause the glitch is there.

12. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

I sent this 2 weeks ago on 1:57 PM

Hello Buildbox Support Team

Here are some bugs from 2.3.6 pre realase 2

1. Liniar Valocity is doing nothing on spawn object set to Physics work normal when Fixed. Angular velocity works both physics and fixed
    ( This if fixed now)

2. When you set some big object like 800 px to destory all and the put it on the edge of gameplay frame, ale the objects they become invisible but you can shoot them colide with them etc you just dont see them, its like its killing only the default animation
    ( Not fixed related to the disappearing default animation )

3. Also when object is set to physic linear velocity in Y and X direction is not working
    (This if fixed now)

Try to check this out on some asteroids also there are information on gameplay screen

bbdoc: ( In Email )

Please let me know can you see this email i can resend it so you will have bbdoc

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Sent a BBDoc the recreates the Ghost Object Collision Shape.

Also, on a separate note, can you PLEASE do something about the Server connection?
    I lose connection more frequently than ever recently, but the worst part is, you can't save once connection is dropped and it just infinitely loops the Retry/Failed to Connect Pop-up (even when you've clearly reconnected), forcing me to close BB and lose what's I've done.
    Even if 5 minutes work is lost, it's annoying.

14. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

Can we get a dummy menu jump? I mean, a menu jump that doesn't take you anywhere but that still registers the current screen as exited? I want to use the hook "screenOnLeave" and "screenOnEnter" in Xcode for actions during gameplay. Can that be done @Andy? It would be a really nice feature in my opinion. Thanks!

15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Just duplicate the UI and redirect the Menu Jumps in a loop.

Benfont likes this.
  16. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

Yes I have already done that and it works fine.. But sometimes you don't want to leave the current screen - like when using a joystick for example.. it would be GREAT if we can get that dummy menu jump I mentioned.

17. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Andy,

If you want an Action item to move on the screen, how would you do it without nesting it inside an object? This is something I have used in past games and am now trying to use it and am finding the issues I related, especially the collusion box hanging around on the screen.
    You can't transform an Action, so by nesting it inside an Object you can move it easily.
    Does that help explain the result I am looking for?

Lamora likes this.
  18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Ah yeh, I didn't think about the controls.

19. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Same was using this trick ever since, to give player points for destroying something etc, it was working well since first Buildbox versions

20. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Seems now the only option that actually works is to separate the two, actions/objects, and use Transpose, if wanting to move the action. Have to place the Action on the object, set opacity to zero and connect it to object. This seems to work and is probably the way things were intended, but the nesting hack made life easier and is now a true pain to go back and change for each occurrence.