Make Games With Different Languages Than English

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, Jun 5, 2018.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

If I make a game in English language is it better that I make another copy but in a different language? like Chinese, Japanese, Russian etc... and submit it to app store so my earnings would increase? I mean because not all users know English, I am thinking about it, but I don't know if it would make a difference when we speak about earnings.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

The only way I can think of now, is to create duplicate levels for each language.

So if someone selects Russian, the game goes to your Russian version.

patostar likes this.
  3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Oh yes you are right, but if we make it with buildbox it would be heavy and lag a lot lol

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Not really, as the game will only load that language. It would be heavy in terms of MB with duplicate scenes/worlds etc.
    Maybe just localise in the key languages on the app store to keep things under control. Or better still, use animations to guide your player

patostar likes this.
  5. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I understand, but I am trying to make a quiz app lol, it's impossible to translate all the questions to another language inside the app itself, but professional localization services cost a lot, I will use google translate haha :D

6. Vladuistruick

Vladuistruick Boxer

How did you translate a game, can you explain to me because I don't know how to do it.