Buildbox 2.3.6 Pre-release With 3rd Party Sdk Hooks

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Got it, thanks. Reporting this to development.

viking likes this.
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I'm trying to make this happen with 360 shooter preset and can't see any issue. Please send example BBDOC to support so we can check it out.

3. Steady

Steady Boxer

I have read the new update the fixes but still its confusing me. On the Discord channel we talked about the GDPR problem and some of us took their games down from Playstore. I know its still beta version and most of the people here have their own issues but could we get a little tutorial how to add our ads back into the game with the GDPR solution?.

@Christoph I know you have alot issues atm with your company but me included alot of the guys I know changed to appodeal and we do not know how to handle the new situation. I would like to ask you if you were able to work things out after the beta update if yes could you maybe make a tutorial how you did it. And I m again sorry about asking but as far I know you are the only 1 here who knows how to make appodeal work.

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

My mistake. I didn’t have any IDs present in BB which is way I couldn’t find the SDK in Finder.

I didn’t know this Hook method existed. I will look into it, thanks.

I’ve just looked at it again and it think it’s to do with the Game Frame. I’ve sent the BBDoc anyway with instructions.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, yes, I'm seeing this, it's especially noticeable on large games. For example, if a game normally takes 1 minute to save then it could take 3 minutes to save if you leave preview open. As far as I am aware this should not be. There is little or no difference when just saving a smaller preset. Will have the development team take a look. Thanks!

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

@Andy I've found out the banner issue with MoPub... I think hideBanner() is being called when new Worlds are presented for some reason, stopping the banner from appearing on the first UIs of Worlds.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Thanks, I've collected all the info on the AdIntegrator issues and reported it to Nik. We'll be taking a closer look soon.

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I'm not seeing this at all, just quickly check using the default preset. Adding a path works fine either in front or in back. Please contact support with full details and an example BBDOC.

Not seeing this one either. Are you sure your using the latest version? Please send full details and an example to support@buildbox.com

10. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Yes, I'm using the current version, but I'm not using the preset.

I'm using a game that I created a couple Buildbox versions ago.

I'll send a BBDOC over for you to see.

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

@Andy Just another update to pass on (incase it affects performance), isRewardedVideoAvialable() seems to be continuously called over and over.
    Thanks.

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That will work for iOS. Are these hooks implemented now as well for Android? We are just trying to resolve this in collaboration with Appodeal but we need a hook like that for Android as well.

Steady likes this.
  13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Even by implementing an initial consent through a hook method, how can a user then opt out in settings?

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, it's implemented, but I don't see any code staged in the export to indicate where to use it. I'll get this info from Nik and make sure it's added.

Christoph likes this.
  15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Use the screenOnEnter hook described in the Game Analytics doc. You can have any UI execute any code that you want.

16. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I couldn’t see anything relating to buttons, only score. Thanks.

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Use a navigation button to load a UI so the code will execute.

Basically...
    Code:
    - (void) screenOnEnter:(const char*) name {
      NSString* n = [NSStringWithUTF8String:name]
      if ([n is EqualToString: @"YOUR UI NAME"]){
        // put any code you want here to execute
      }
    }

18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So you will need the consent SDK to include a revoke option, rather than having a physical button in Buildbox?

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I might be misunderstanding you, but there is no reason to have a special button when you can use a regular nav button to execute any code that you want. Further, there might be 7 different ways to revoke consent based on which SDK you are using. So having a special Buildbox button for revoking consent is not really helpful or useful.

We're open to (and will be) making modifications to the 3rd party API to make things easier for non-programmers... but it's going to be done through code or plugins and not through crafting special buttons or other hardcoded controls in Buildbox. That is not very supportable in the long run, we're a game engine first and foremost. This new way will be much more flexible, useful and upgradeable without having to wait for Buildbox updates.

20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Ok. I understand that. I just thought we’d be able to access a buttons State from the Hook for example, so we could include an opt-out button in our settings page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.