Old Lurker New Boxer, Couple Of Questions I Have.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by yEzass, Apr 29, 2018.

1. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

Hello everyone, so after long time lurking and abandoning the first game idea I had, I wanna to try again. I already started and it's going pretty well, maybe in a week I will finish it. But here are some questions, yeah I know there is a forum where most of these questions are asked but there are so many, don't know which are better. So if you are a helpful community and you have a time to write couple of sentences or even link me to the correct post, I would appreciate that a lot.

So here are some of the problems I encountered:

1. When you are at the map and there are options for ads. Ad banner, Ad Interstitial and the freq of both of them. So I know what they are but where should I put them and what freq should I use, I wont be that guy who push 100 ads when the player opens the app, but general question, in what scenes should I put them. If you have more insights, share them :)

2. It will be a free game ofc, but I would like to add free coins for watching an ad, which the player could click, what is the best way and method and which ad network to choose or there is only heyzap ?

3. Does lack of animation and sounds hurt the game ? Even thou in my own experience, lots of people mute the games ? And animation is very limited for mine game cause of the design of it. But can it hurt ?

4. I want to make character shop, what is the best tutorial out in this forum or even youtube ?

So that's it I think for now. If you have any tips or tricks and overall suggestions of what to do or not to, share them ;D

2. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Hi,
    I try to answer your questions

1) i think this depends on your game. I wouldn’t add a banner through the gameplay.. this takes a lot of Performance (its only my thought others use banner in the game field)
    I normally use as frequenz about every 3 gsmeover ui.. but i have also build games with different ui‘s where the frequenz of ads depends on the score of the player.. so when the player dies fast it doesn’t show a ad.. because i don’t want the player to feel bad

2) you can do this with heyzap and appodeal! I would recommend personaly appodeal.. the fillrate is great (there is a great tutorial from @Christoph in the forum)

3) when the sound laggs or is bad than change it or remove it!
    Everything that bothers you, will also bothers the players.. so you should fix it or remove it. But i also saw that voodoo games follow the trend to don’t use music in there game.. i mabe will also add only decent sound effects in my next game

4) there are 2 character button you could use for this (in the UI). I like the multi character unlock with random unlock on the gameover ui.. (like the Buildbox game „sky“ published with Ketchapp)

In general everything that you feel in your game is not perfect while you play it, you should change.. because when you feel its not good than also the player will feel and delete the game.

Good luck with your first game.. see forward to play it

Cheers

Christoph and yEzass like this.
  3. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

Nah in gameplay never it just looks bad. Maybe banner in start screens and popup after 3-5 deaths.
    Yeah I saw the post about appodeal will try to do that, but this is the last step, first I need to make the game itself.
    Thanks for your opinion.

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

The most common practice with ads from the bog guys are pop up [interstitial] after every 5-8 deaths, and DONT use banners during gameplay. Allows game to run smoother.

yEzass likes this.