Hello Boxers -question On Bb Limitations And Capabilities

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by JoaoPolido, Apr 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JoaoPolido

JoaoPolido Boxer

Hello, All

I am new here, juts bought my BB subscription and been playing around with the game type templates;

Lots of questions; but my main concern is: are we limited to the game types that come with BB?
    - are we limited to those 32 or so game types/game play that come with BB?
    We all know that new/novel games need to have a unique game action/mechanic, otherwise they are considered "derivative" or similar to one another and thus less interesting for users and or for been featured by Apple or Published by VooDoo for example)

If we look at any Game that comes out of KetchApp or Voodoo ..etc they are novel in some way new game type--- can we create new game types with BB? or are we very restricted to what comes in the box?

Thanks
    Joao

ZackGriset likes this.
  2. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Welcome to the fold Joao! Excited to have you here! So to answer your question man, you are not limited in any way to those templates. Those are just starting points so you can get the ball rolling. You can create entirely unique games that are nothing like the templates. Buildbox can be limited at times, depending on what game you're trying to make, but the longer you work with the software, the more you realize you can do with it. There's tons of work arounds that you acn do to make certain things possible, it just depends on what you're going for. I would recommend really exploring the forum for tips/tricks and even checking out the game showcase on the website so you can see a bunch of games that Ketchapp and other publishing companies have approved and released. Lots of variety and boxers are coming up with new ideas every day. :)

JoaoPolido and and249 like this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

One of my most fav things to do is use BB to make stuff that isn't obvious. When i have a game idea i instantly think....can i achieve this in BB? And then in my mind i launch BB and try to come up with ways to do it. IF im out an about of course. If at home i just launch BB. lol. But theres always a trick you can pull off to achieve a specific function. Of course it cant make ALL game types yet. No doubt new abilities will come in BBs future.

JoaoPolido and ZackGriset like this.
  4. JoaoPolido

JoaoPolido Boxer

Thanks! I will press ahead.