Buildbox 2.3.5 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

To be clear, there is definitely an intermittent issue with showing a Game Services button on preview. This is fixed and will be in the next release. It is at least partially separate from what might be happening on a device. We are still troubleshooting the behavior on a device, but it's not clear yet if there is a separate issue on devices or not. There are some instances where a Game Services button might not show on the device that are valid (misconfiguration or other errors).

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

One additional added note. If a user is not logged into Game Services/Center then the button will not show either. I believe this was done due to Apple and Google requests (through customers working on features or publishing).

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Interesting, I didn't know that. So to resolve that designwise its probably best to stack buttons. So if Gamecenter doesn't show, a share button shows up (or whatever else). Thanks for the heads up.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok. Sorry for insisting in this one but is this a new Apple feature or something? I just checked and I can be completely offline as well as logged out from Game Center from the settings. The leaderboard/Game Center button still shows in all games.

5. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@Andy P Lives seem to be broken. Whenever I set lives with a number greater than one, I get a restart vs the intended death ui.

6. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

Well, still no fix, still can't see the leaderboard button. C'mon buildbox!

7. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

How is everyone else's saving times? I just got back and I'm afraid to update because I save my work like every 2 minutes and a 2 minute wait for saving can waste a lot of time :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  8. Leora Solutions

Leora Solutions Boxer

I regret for subscribing to buildbox.Your customer support is very bad:(. I have been waiting for a reply from customer support .. I want to unsubscribe. How do i unsubscribe to buildbox? Please help me...

9. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

I replied to you in another thread as well. What can we help you with?

10. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I timed a save of a 45MB bbdoc @ 41 seconds.
    BB 2.3.5 and Mac with SSD Drive.

11. DariusGuerrero

how long did it take before on 2.3.3?

12. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

55 seconds.

13. DariusGuerrero

oh wow. okay I'm sold. It actually makes your saving faster. Thanks @AndyG

14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

well yeah "faster" technically but not exactly swift in the grand scheme of things!

15. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can you please send in a bbdoc into support so we can take a look at it? Or a short video? It would be really helpful for us to look at when we dive into this. We will jump on this asap.

16. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

We are still working on this. I'm not sure if you saw Andy's response, but we have already fixed the issue with the leaderboard button not showing up in preview, this will be out in the next release, but you shouldn't be having problems with it on a device. We have confirmed that it works on iOS, but we still need to confirm Android as well. Andy mentioned that the issue might be due to not being signed in or offline. Can you confirm that you're signed in and online and it's still not showing up? We are also going to reach out to you through support

17. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hi people! My Path does not work. I wanted to update the old game. And I discovered that when the character touches the Path, it starts moving chaotically. Does anyone have such a problem?

18. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

darn! We just fixed issues with paths on this last update. Aaro arts had reported this one in and I thought we took care of it. Can you please email support and send in a bbdoc and a video showing what's happening? We will jump on it and will try to have this worked out asap.

19. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

Alright, so my apologies for not being careful enough. The button will only shows when you're signed into gamecenter and you have the leaderboards set up.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    ZackGriset likes this.
  20. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

The sound of the coin has disappeared. Strangely, in another game, everything is in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.