Android Studio Mini-tutorial

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Andy, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Ken masters

Ken masters Boxer

2. Ken masters

Ken masters Boxer

Same here I don't know how to export to apk with android studio PLEASE MAKE A VIDEO ON IT!!!!

3. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey there, that is on my task list for sure. But in the meantime, have you tried generating a signed APK like this?

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 2.29.52 PM.png

I'll definitely put together an export to apk video, but I was thinking you might start here. At what point do you become confused? You can also send me a private message if you have a lot of questions

4. Ken masters

Ken masters Boxer

No I have not tried that yet I just like to know everything before I try to export so I won't do anything wrong please make a video as soon as possible and thanks for the fast response I really appreciate it

ZackGriset likes this.
  5. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Okay cool, sounds good. I'll try and get it out there in a reasonable amount of time. I've got a few other videos and documents I'm making first, but I'll do my best. No problem!

Ken masters likes this.
  6. Alexxxx

Alexxxx Boxer

7. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Have you had any luck with this? I would need to put together a document/tutorial for this and that will take some time. I have other documents and tutorials I need to make first so it's going to take some time to have this ready.

8. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

are the hours between midnight and 6am not available to you :rolleyes:

Praaaytogod and ZackGriset like this.
  9. Leora Solutions

Leora Solutions Boxer

I have the same problem. Generated apk using android studio. Install apk well on my mobile. But, app stops at loading screen and then it crashes... How can i solve this problem ???

10. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey this is super strange. We would definitely need to take a look at this. Can you please send in your bbdoc into support so we can figure this out? We will jump on this.

11. Leora Solutions

Leora Solutions Boxer

May be this could be the problem... I don't know what to do.. confused....

Attached Files:

12. Alexxxx

Alexxxx Boxer

Hi Zack! I did apk with Eclips but after install on devise it is not running.....

13. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Did you try upgrading the build tools? I'm not sure if you have everything set up correctly. Here is a video showing you how to do it if you haven't seen it already.

Did you try to use Android Studio at all? We no longer support Eclipse because google stopped supporting it and switched over to Android Studio

14. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Anyone have similar Android Studio Errors??
    I created a post here and also emailed support@buildbox...
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/android-studio-errors.13081/
    I originally had 6 errors, resolved 1 (multidex) of them and now have 5 and am stuck. I was hoping others have come across these error and can share there solutions.

I followed the tutorials and they’re pretty straight forward. My first thought is buildbox is saving my Android settings as Apple setting because the settings don’t seem to be saving https://screencast.com/t/RKxTK8yeYWTd . However someone mentioned that Android Setting should still be saved. That being said any help being pointed in the right direction in solving the following errors would greatly be appreciated.

I have API Android 8.0 Oreo installed along with the SDK Tools: Android Sdk Build-Tools, Emulator SDK Platform-Tool, Sdk Tools and both Repositories along with the Intel x86.

Solution to Multidex: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40309249/getting-multidex-error-even-after-setting-min-sdk-21

Failed to resolve: multidex *FIXED
    Failed to resolve: play-services-ads
    Failed to resolve: play-services-auth
    Failed to resolve: firebase-auth-license
    Failed to resolve: runtime
    Failed to resolve: common

15. asaf

asaf Boxer

does anyone success to export apk in android studio 3.0.1 without the app crash? (min api 14) target (28)
    also tried followed the youtube tutorial its a very long work just to test apk with no success :(

16. Miko Buildbox

Miko Buildbox Moderator Staff Member

@asaf you always want to use the latest version of Android Studio with the latest version of Buildbox.
    And by all means check our tutorial on creating SDK made by Erik:
    http://help.buildbox.com/exporting/creating-signed-apk-with-android-studio

17. Muhaimin

Muhaimin Boxer

Hello guys I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I followed all the instructions on generating the apk but I encountered with this error within uploading the apk..

Error from apksigner: ERROR: JAR_SIG_NO_SIGNATURES: No JAR signatures

Please help..
    Thank you

Maylock likes this.
  18. Maylock

Maylock Boxer

Sorry for the late reply, but you need to select both V1 and V2 signatures while generating the APK to avoid this error. If you select only V2, you will get this error.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44816305/upload-new-apk-to-alpha-failed

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  19. iphone.theme

iphone.theme Boxer

Really usefull text

20. pacpacbum

pacpacbum Boxer

Can i send you my bbdoc and ? when i upload the game on google console i got an email from like this
    for violating our Malicious Behavior or User Data policy. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.

This app uses software that contains security vulnerabilities for users or allows the collection of user data without proper disclosure.

Below is the list of issues and the corresponding APK versions that were detected in your recent submission. Please upgrade your app(s) as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK.The vulnerabilities were fixed in libpng v1.0.66, v.1.2.56, v.1.4.19, v1.5.26 or higher. You can find more information about how resolve the issue in this Google Help Center article.