Buildbox Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ZackGriset, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hi!
    1. Make an endless coin so that it does not disappear like a brick in super mario.
    2. When the character dies, the pause button is highlighted in black. I would like to remove this, because it does not correspond to my design of the game.
    3. This problem is in the button of the daily gift. The button state can not be configured. The inactive state is highlighted in black.
    4. Reward for the AdMov video
    5. Event Observer does not work well. I would like the player to get a message as soon as he collects enough coins to buy a character.
    6. Scrolling the menu! It is not convenient to choose characters if there are a large number of them. If you add Scrolling, this will be a big breakthrough for the BB!

ZackGriset and comicsmathias like this.
  2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@PlayShaft
    4. Reward for the AdMob video - You can set this up as part of HeyZap mediation and have Admob Reward video show along with Heyzap's. It would be nice to have only Admob reward video integrated as a separate functionality, but this is a way around for now.

3. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

5. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

Indeed, you can have Admob rewarded videos with Heyzap but not exclusively... Heyzap has their own network and you cannot disable it (that I am aware of) - but Appodeal has no network of their own, so if you want to only have Admob and no other network then Appodeal is the way to go..

ZackGriset likes this.
  6. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

I too would like off line use of Buildbox but also understand the need ensure only licenced copies are being used. How about something such as BB doesn't need to do a server call back for licence check for say 6 times the software is opened and on the 7th Occassion a server call back for licence verification is needed to continue using the software and so on?

ZackGriset likes this.
  7. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

It would be great to have the ability to group objects into folders in the object view pane. It would make organizing and viewing available objects a lot easier and would definitely speed up level design and make for an overall easier to navigate project

Tom King and ZackGriset like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Post processing (like unity)

Multiplayer

Hopefully more node possibilities in bb3

Automatic mesh collider generation from imported obj files (also in bb3)

Automatic replicated image detection and removal when optimizing in the atlas

Auto save every time before activating preview to avoid crashing with unsaved files

Bulk editing components

Bulk resizing (shrinking/enlarging everything in the game by __%)

Aligning things in ui panels

Easier appodeal intergration

Deformers for objects (effectors)

Lighting and background presets for bb3

Is the orientation setting in 2.3.5 broken? Still opens in landscape when the phone is landscape

More/ better screen adjustment settings

Ability to change image colors in the editor

UI layout presets

Fix the bug in bb2, the foregrounds are all moved to the top when they are out of the region of the start screen when reopening a project (portrait)

Built in theme/control/language settings (not using multiple uis and worlds)

Add in devices with size required by itunesconnect for screen shots in preview (like the new ipad)

Fix the particle emitter's weird movement when the size is not 100 by 100 for character and objects animations

SMALLER IPHONE X PREVIEW!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    ZackGriset likes this.
  9. Beartrapp

Beartrapp Boxer

I would like a touch sensor so I can kill enemies by tapping them.

ZackGriset likes this.
  10. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Add in number sliders with min and max limits for each number modifier.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 9.25.24 AM.png

Tom King and ZackGriset like this.
  11. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Add "Prefeb" feature in Buildbox.2 & 3.

Give us ability to import n export specific object/action with custom ability from 1 game to another
    example
    I created a awesome wheel with spikes which rotations dynamics 30 or whatever attached to it. And each spike as enemy spawn rate is x and move a bit in x and y axis, Now i want to use that wheel with all functional attached to other game? give us import export ability without bug or crash lol.

Just like in Unity3d

yenomeerf, jerry and ZackGriset like this.
  12. Leora Solutions

Leora Solutions Boxer

Provide Search button in game and world.. If Game has more assets it is getting difficult to search. If we have a search bar, its easy to search for a particular asset...

jerry likes this.
  13. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

As mentioned in an early note one of the first things I tried was the motor vehicle template. I’ve used other tools in the past that use box2d as I believe BB does. The motor (basically two wheels with torque and speed setting) isn’t very sophisticated. I was trying to improve the feel of vehicle by setting up a piston/ shock observer to each wheel. All things I tried ended up sending the physics objects haywire. In box2d there are many parameters and lots of different joints etc. These are so well suited to BB that I’m surprised they haven’t been included. Some brilliant suggestions previously, I'd therefore like to add and vote for:

1. Additional box2d elements would open up lots of new physics options - this would be huge!
    2. Random sound selections
    3. Offline mode of course
    4. Must editing selected common objects
    5. Scene tab organisation (like folders) - possibly hiding of scenes like hiding Excel tabs
    6. Simpler timeline editor with more controls to group and select random sections and ordering of scenes - timing doesn't seem easy to me
    7. Content fields to help populate app store (Xcode) and android equivalent so everything is together in the project
    8. Ability to pull collateral (such as a scene or world or UI) from one saved project into another project - perhaps having two projects open together
    9. Being able to group (like a folder) in the mind map area for worlds or UI to help uncluttered
    10. When I press play (or preview scene) let it re-launch the previewer with the changes
    11. When moving the tab order have it automatically adjust the play order (or an option to have that on or off)
    12. When previewing a scene make it play the next scene properly - seems like a bug as it often plays a random next scene as far as I can tell or just plays a blank scene
    13. Allow us to delete images from the Atlas directly.
    14. When clicking on an image in the atlas let it show us the file name and folder location that it was uploaded from. Failing that at least the filename would be really handy.
    15. Maybe adding images to the Atlas directly as well - I'd love to be able to bulk load all the images I want into the project, better still tell it where the folder is and have it collect them all
    16. There seems to be a large history of images used in the edit function for objects, etc. Can these be aligned to what remains in the Atlas?
    17. Make it easy to locate the images used on the machine after we've uploaded into the project so that we can easily modify the object without removing it and re-adding.
    18. It seems that for UI you can use an object that's been stored. This means that for some things that I've used in scenes and UI I have to have two copies of that image. One as an object and one as an image for the UI. This isn't space efficient.
    19 - another vote for point 1 please!!!

jerry likes this.
  14. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

20. Adding a better way to trigger coin or points when an enemy is destroyed than the actions attachment workaround.
    21. Add a follow character logic with fixed, distance or loose like a path. Maybe just allow path attachments to characters
    22. Allow multiple image layers in the edit for an object as alternative to using connections to build up a more complex shape with simple parts
    21. In addition to 22 allow the layers to have their own collision boundaries. This might be asking too much - maybe one for using connectors.
    22. Feature to support 2d RPG games such as variables (mentioned by others) and actions/logic connected to variables.

15. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

Hello!
    I think you can include several death options (animations) for the character.
    This can be done using the "Advanced Move" for the character. But the character can not be forced to die. Because this is not provided by the tool.
    Maybe you include the checkpoint " Death Character" in the " Advanced Move" parameter for the character.
    This allows the character to die right after interacting with other objects. In this way, you can add several death options (animations) for the character.
    This might look like this:
    [​IMG]

16. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

I’ll add this in case it doesn’t appear.

A means to allow players to start from the last scene played across worlds as opposed to than the last scene played in a specific world. Just makes it easier to allow the player to start where they left off rather than selecting a world and then restarting.

17. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Another feature request for Buildbox

Fixed Physics - this is a new object type to consider non-moving objects at the initial point of processing, but with physical properties - like stationary objects, but with physics properties. This way we can create real-time explosions between object collisions, etc. Right now, when I have a physics object, it does not stay fixed. When I have a fixed object, there are no physics properties and stays "dead". The fixed-physics object are not implemented and that's a huge limitation in Buildbox.

I want physics objects to be fixed at first to build for example a bridge with physics blocks. However, when an enemy hits that bridge, the bridge should fall apart. This can be done when the bridge was created with Fixed Physics blocks. Right now, with Physics object type, the blocks are not staying still for the bridge.

Most objects in nature are fixed, but have some physics to it when there's a collusion (or when a force is inserted) to that fixed object. In BuildBox, I cannot re-create that effect. Please consider adding still or fixed physics objects to widen the horizon of gameplay types and more!

Thanks

Jackazoid and AndyG like this.
  18. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Being a coder I recently had a long term client request that I produce a BB game for them. I have to tell you I was skeptical, since I knew I could produce what he wanted with straight code and have zero issues.
    So I picked up Buildbox and was surprised to see how easy it was to learn and some of the capabilities it had for being "boxed dev". I will also say that I produced the clients product in just a couple of weeks rather than months. The efficiency of BB has me working with it more and more now for my own projects.
    Because I am very new to BB I may be missing something but a couple of features that I believe are missing and I feel are important, which may or may not have already been mentioned here.

BB collects LIVES data, HEALTH data, for objects and characters, but LIVES and HEALTH is really cumbersome to use and since BB is already holding the variables I wonder why? HEALTH and LIVES really are the meat and bones of most games and having to do crazy work arounds to get them to function at all doesn't make sense (actually I never did figure out a way to use the LIVES variable within the game framework).

The above leads to a working healthbar. Lots of hacks not get this to work, but should be built into BB.

IF ELSE statements would be a good logic addition.

Multiple Purchase should have directional scroll variable, scroll left/right or scroll up/down.

Camera follow ability with variable points (ie: distance, angle, etc)

Scrolling menus, especially needed in landscape mode when dealing with an Info or FAQ screen.

Should be able to change the Random scene attribute from each world. One world can have random scenes while the next has scenes in order. This opens up a lot of different game capabilities.

Jackazoid likes this.
  19. Hoodle

Hoodle Boxer

Buildbox suggestions

- Ability to choose instruction page based on OS i.e. iOS, Mac App, PC etc.
    - duplicate font to create minor font variations
    - have lives left etc as label options
    - Customise labels to various action items i.e. different types of coins or items
    - allow paths to be set to enemies independently not just assets
    - Ability to use built in microphone and camera to record
    - Ability to set a checkpoint in a world then go to another world, then return to the checkpoint marker in the first world
    - Ability to select at random UIs or worlds etc.
    - Copy and paste scenes between worlds
    - Copy and paste scenes between buildbox files. I want to build a game combining multiple games that I've made. Or make a multi puzzle game etc.
    - Ability to control buttons or lock buttons (specifically on mobile devices)
    - Play sound or video and have controls of the audio or video

Jackazoid likes this.
  20. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Behind the scenes window.

It would be nice to have a window where you could not only see the game preview but also what's going on around it.
    This way you could see if certain triggers etc around the game field are doing what they're supposed to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.