How Do Collisions, Destruction, Health, And Damage Work?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jmiller8031, Apr 4, 2018.

1. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

What is the logic for these? Do you need to add damage if you add heath? Why can a character object push another object around the view area if collisions are turned on and the the destroy type setting isn't set to character? Why does that object become unmovable if you set the the destroy type to character (as long as the character has a health component with a high value)? Why does the destroy type just work even if you don't add damage or health? What is the default value? 1? So why add the components if you're just going to set it to 1?

BuildBox is by far the most mysterious software I have ever used. I can't seem to find any kind of current documentation. I found something relating to 2.0.0 and it is written in broken English. You advertise this as being an easy software to use, but we can't really use it until it's properly explained. Are the users out there really just clicking on stuff and seeing what happens? That's no way to develop a game.

2. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

That's what I figured. Buildbox isn't a game development tool. It's a mysterious adventure.

3. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Pretty much :D