My Game Does Not Start On Android Devices.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by PlayShaft, Apr 3, 2018.

1. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hello! My APK does not start on Android devices. Gives an error message. Maybe someone had such a problem?

I'm using the latest version of Android Studio and the latest version of Java.

Android Studio issues a warning, but I'm not sure that the game does not work because of this.
    Configuration 'compile' is obsolete and has been replaced with 'implementation'.
    It will be removed at the end of 2018

Unfortunately I did not find the answer on the forum, but I understand that the problem is in Google Serves. Help please solve this problem.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Android has many versions. If you only download the latest SDK version, the game will ONLY work on devices using the latest version. As an example. If you have a phone with Android 4.1, the game will not work. You need to download the SDK for each version you wish to support.

There's a bunch of arguments how low you should go with 2.3 Gingerbread being the lowest - but it doesnt support many features. 4.0/4.1 tends to be the standard right now.

I am not sure about the 'compile' issue but that shouldnt prevent the app from launching. You can read more about your problem here

3. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

My game supports versions 3.0 - 8.1. The overlay is Android 4.4.
    I do not think that this is the case. I tried to open on Android 6. The game did not start.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Did you download the all the SDKs to support all of the Android versions?

5. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

No, from 3.0 to 8.1

6. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

You can test your APK with Emulator like Bluestack if still does not run the game then try to Delete old Sdks and download fresh one.
    Yesterday i had the similar error but now i have fixed it by reinstalling all SDKs API 26.
    Also while compiling your game into APK please make sure you select V1

here some useful reference you may like to see
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/problem-with-admob-ads.12465/#post-68270

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/apk-crash-after-compiling-bb2-3-2.12182/#post-66226