Buildbox Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ZackGriset, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey Boxers!

We are making this thread available to everyone who wants to make a new feature request for Buildbox. Not everyone has access to the old feature request section that was designed for customers only. We are going to completely do away with the customers only section eventually. From now on, all new feature requests should be made using this thread. The single thread is good because it keeps every thing in one place and in chronological order, which is helpful to us. Thank you very much for your suggestions. We really appreciate all of your feedback.

*Note: All posts that are non feature requests will be deleted.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Do directly an APK or an IPA without having another Software to create it.
    It would also be interesting to have some option to try our game directly on our phone, connecting it by cable, and previewing on our phone.
    Able to include third party SDK more easily.
    Encryption of Atlases and music.
    Have a history of game versions, that is, in the same file, save the last 10 versions for example, or failing that, that BB saves several backup copies in a temporary folder.
    Currently, the preview of BB allows you to take screenshots. Being able to record video would also be a good idea.

3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I would eventually like HTML5 export but no big rush lol

Idk though if we can offer much since not everyone has access to BB3 just yet.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

long list so I'll write down what comes to my mind when working on a specific part of any of my upcoming games. Right now I'm finishing a game and setting up monetization. So this post is about monetization mainly. Most of them I have reported to you already Zack but I thought I would put a reminder... :) Some are completely new.

I'd love to have:
    1. Ad frequency by time duration. If possible with a if/then rule so it's possible to say: after game over (or specific event) show ad if 3 times dead or if 45 seconds over. Whatever comes first.

2. Transparent video reward button. PLEASE, please, make it transparent / not appear at all after use per session. Not this blacked out button we have now that looks so ugly and is so not practical. It's already implemented when you choose in game currency + per game session. It should behave the same way when using video reward.

3. Event Observer that is capable of distracting, not only adding. This allows us to make the user go to a specific UI only if a certain amount of coins is in your pocket. Think unlock machine like I did in Uplift.

4. Event Observer that is capable of redirecting after X button is pressed. This makes it possible to measure for example if someone already went to facebook to like your profile or accepted a specific achievement. Now we have to force them. It's all or nothing with a one time opportunity. If we could observe a button press (similar to lock button) we could leave the decision to the user when to do a certain action.

5. Event Observer that can observe all worlds, the total of coins collected in your entire game. Not only one specific world. This is pretty much self explanatory I guess.

6. Video reward button that can get 'stacked'. So you can say in the option: request the player to watch X amount of videos to unlock (character or whatever). Possibly with one image per view so you can add some kind of countdown to show the player how many videos he still has to watch.

7. Button if/or for unlocking (character or whatever). Let the user chose to unlock between coins, videos or in-app purchase. Crossy Road had that 5 years ago and it is such a good way to monetize if you have lots of characters.

5. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

1. Able to export to apk without using another program
    2. Able to plug in a device and test quickely
    3. Multiplayer
    4. Custom loading bars
    5. Random sound effects

6. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

I think Buildbox is already very powerful in combination with fast game building (compared with other software.. no software let you build a game soo fast!) but this are some thought that came in my mind when i build games:

1) This is only a thought and would maybe help newbies but also pros to recognized issues: Some help for performance (like when you add a big image and scale it down- a warning message appears with „this reduce the performance“ better do like... or so).. i don’t know if it is doable- just a thought - some optimization tips in the project

2) definitely more/ custom Variables (i think this comes with note system- but this is really important)

3) scrollable view! Not only static UI

4) Animation also inside the world (animation of objects) not only in the UI

5) more options on the loading screen (animation option would be cool)

6) the opposite of autohide ... a objects gets visible slowly (i know you can do this with frames- but it fills the atlas)

7) use variables (coins/points..) global

8) character multiple unlock, a image field for the item you need to collect on the side of the price.. to make it easier to show what item you need to unlock and only show for not unlocked character when selected (like the price behaves

9) character multiple unlock, the option to rotate it 90 degree (scroll characters in y axes)

10) connection mode also on UI, like text appears only when button is pressed or so..

11) the redirect event observer also as a „per game“ option or with a reset option.

12) event observer with timer.. after ..sec go to..

13) images/text.. on UI with a score option.. like visible when score is xxx and than autohide after...

14) a sound timeline on the UI or a sound option for images on the UI

15) randomize world/levels: more options for randomizing the sequence (i think play cooldown is thought for this.. but it doesn’t work and more options would be good)

16) option to use/draw colors.. when you want a yellow background you have to use a image.. it would be cool to make this with color settings for better performance

17) animation frames: it would be cool if we could edit the images inside a animation sequence (15 images.. deleted image 8..)

18) the option to use only one leaderboard for Android & iOS together

19) the option to use .svg data

20) editing options for different devices.. example: ipad button is on top, iPhone button is on bottom

I think one of the main important thing is to give more options to build logic inside the UI and world.. because some things can be done when you use a lot of UI and worlds in combination with event observer but this reduces performance dramatically!!

7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

1- for goodness sake upgrade actions it hasn't been updated from bb 1.0

2- I am having a lot of games idea that revolve around switch and swip button but this two can't help me to make it so my request is to update this two control a little bit

1- the switch button can control only two advanced moves A and B please make to control more so we can switch multiple time continually as to switch to make a square you will need four advanced moves with four direction A B C D as an example maybe if only can switch to six direction that would be great

2- the same applies for the swipe button it can swipe in four directions please make to switch in more you know what I mean.

Also as we are on it please update the object control as the advanced moves control apply to only physic objects and doesn't control fixed objects

3- there is a simple game get my attention uses a clever control that what made it so funny it control the character by sounds I just thought if only we can do that

that not only it, we really need to have new ways of controls right I can't think of one I already suggested the multi-switch controls to switch to more than two directions.

or to use phones key like to use volume buttons or another button on the phone I saw that in one of the games

4- world randomizer and ui randomizer a feature to selects a random world or ui. like in the picture bellow credit to Aaroarts
    [​IMG]

5- offline buildbox

6- admob reward video

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  8. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

1. Build apk & ipa on the platform itself... certainly worth exploring something like this (http://seattleclouds.com)
    2. Make buildbox easy again!! Bbox 3 is super awesome but it's getting really too complex for non-programmers like us :)
    3. Multi player
    4. PVP
    5. HTML5 option ;)
    6. easy implementation of 3rd party sdks
    7. ability to connect games to platforms such as facebook :)
    8. Offline use of buildbox upon license activation

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Oh yes please. This one I'd love very much.

And for Offline use... lol. YES!!! This is maybe the most wanted feature of them all :D :D

10. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

1. CONTROLLER SUPPORT!
    2. CONTROLLER SUPPORT!
    3. CONTROLLER SUPPORT!
    :D

11. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

12. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

- Point and Click control
    - 8 directions animations
    - Controller support with all buttons that a regular controller has and use analog controller like a mouse do navigate in interfaces.
    - Swaipe controles for User interface
    - Windows exe ou steam with Full Screen support

ZackGriset likes this.
  13. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

An Event Observer (or similar) to reset total coins/points to zero when World restarts.
    Used in conjunction with # of Lives. Eg: You have 3 chances to reach your coin/point total and each chance your coins/points total accumulates. If you die, on restart of the World, your coins/points total is reset to Zero.

Also the ability to display number of Lives remaining.

ThomasC, Rebel Studios and ZackGriset like this.
  14. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Buildbox feature requests:

1. Coin Multiplier - Similar to score multiplier, but for coins. This way, I can create a Purchase button to any UI or in game scenes to x2, x3, or xN the coins on complete purchase. This would be helpful if I want the player to multiply the amount of coins during gameplay and this is a great monetization technique. To utilize this, Coin Multiplier can be added to GamePlay Settings in Actions -> Gameplay.

2. Wheel for characters (wheels are not objects here, but part of characters). This way you do not have to create platform enemies all the time in Motocross games. It's kind of sub-character concept or a component of character that may have different / additional functionalities. Wheel for objects (we have now). It would be up to the game creator which one to use. Currently, there are certain limitations, because the wheel is detected as an object only by Buildbox. This limits the characters in gameplay settings when the wheels are connected. This way the wheels are preventing the character to enhance its abilities in one way or another.

3. My other suggestion was to have torque and wheel speed in Gameplay settings. Those settings are usually found when I select any link between two objects. This is great to Boost Speed in Motocross type of games.

4. Flexible game frames (character boundaries on start scene). Certain type of powerups or advanced moves require the character to go beyond its normal limits (set boundaries or game frame on start scene). There should be a way to extend those boundaries when a powerup is activated or when advanced move is initiated. Currently, the game frame or the character boundaries prevent the character to go beyond its limits. Sometimes would be helpful to have that flexible in terms of speed powerups.

5. Facebook Login / Amazon Login feature. This helps to create gamer profiles inside our game. Each game profile should be link to a specific Facebook / Amazon account. This way, each player can track specific data on the game and it's also good for Tournaments. I can reward digital currency to users who have linked their Facebook/ Amazon accounts to our game for the first time. If I have Facebook Login into my game, Facebook rewards that and the game can be added in Facebook for their premium catalog.

6. Parse Implementation. Parse is owned by Facebook. I have used it once, and it can utilize game tournaments and even coin prices for winners. Each tournament can be locked or unlocked after a specific time frame. For this purpose a Parse account is required and there's a certain limit that's free to use.

7. Push Notification services built-in Buildbox. Free push notification service with BuildBox. Developers should be able to send rich text push notification messages to its users for promotions and upcoming updates.

8. Customized UI Alerts. I do not see any ability to create, modify and utilize UI messages or alerts to inform users in case of errors, updates or another information in gameplay. For example, this will be helpful to inform the user after pushing a button to do something else. Currently, Buildbox has this option to push the button and nothing to happen. If the player does not have enough currency, we should be able to create a custom UI node alert with text on our own to inform / educate the users that "they need to get more coins." I want to be able to have a special Alert Node in Buildbox, where I can create and add text to the error message when a button is pressed or when a certain time is passed, or when a certain distance in the game is played.

9. Offline use of Buildbox. Sometimes I go out of town and there's not always Internet access. I cannot use Buildbox in my creative time, so many ideas popup when travelling :) Yeah, probably because of pirates this option is not implemented yet, but at least a weekly or monthly activation check would be helpful, not on every run of Buildbox. If they offer SIM/4G support for laptops, OK I could live with that, but in a meantime, offline use would be helpful :)

That's all I have for now. Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    swiftcurrent and ZackGriset like this.
  15. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Couple of requests for Soundbox please and thank you :)
    1. When clicking on a sample either in the left hand search pane or in the Arrangement View window the ability to right click and locate the source file in Finder would be very useful.
    2. When clicking on a sample in a track in Arrangement View also highlighting that file in the left hand search pane would also be beneficial.

ZackGriset likes this.
  16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I passed the info on to the Soundbox team. :)

AndyG likes this.
  17. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

When using Emitter's in the Animation box (or possibly anywhere else) we need some sort of indicator to highlight that an Emitter has in fact been used. As an example if an Emitter and only an Emitter is used in the Defeated Animation box there is no indication of this. The standard default upload icon is displayed indicating that nothing is used within the Animation box.

emitter.png

ZackGriset likes this.
  18. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

This is something which i asked in another thread.Too lazy to frame it to points like above posts :p
    Just Copy-Pasted ;)

AndyG and ZackGriset like this.
  19. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

A method to display a timer linked to the Event Observer, Event Type Property: Time Out :)

20. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Ads Manager
    • Interstitial ads failover
    • Force ads availability (if have)
    Camera properties
    • zoom in + out
    • camera drunk mode (shake) reference >> in Liberty City, let Niko bellic drink bears and drive, that how cam shake lol
    • Lock Camera (nofollow to character)

very important
    add empty object + actions

these are not so harder and superb easy so please list them down for BB2, i know some of these feature may have in bb3 but i am talking about bb2 right now

Matthew Denton and ZackGriset like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.