Issue with License

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sysads, Dec 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Hi

Please can anyone from Buildbox help with this. I recently replaced my laptop, so installed Buildbox on the new laptop while the old one shutdown. I asked support to clear any activated license since I am unable to launch Buildbox on new laptop. Now support wants me to buy another license for concurrent run but I don't have it running anywhere else.

We appreciate you contacting support and being a subscriber. I think there is as misunderstanding.

A purchase or subscription of Buildbox comes with a stand-alone license as standard with most creation
    software.

A stand-alone license supports buildbox for an individual user and computer. A copy of Buildbox can
    be installed on a second computer for non-concurrent usage. This means you can't run two copies of
    buildbox at one time. You would need to purchase an additional license in order to do this. Each additional
    license is sold at a discount of $999 for active customers or you can add another user by ordering another
    subscription. :)

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

we definitely need something to automate the process... :|

dhawal_tamakuwala likes this.
  3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

But what I do not understand is, their statement when I received the license says I can use it on 2 devices:

Your license key to unlock the software is:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note, this is your personal license key tied to
    your account and should not be shared. This license allows
    you to install Buildbox on two separate computers that you
    own
    , for example a desktop and a laptop.​

- Also why can't we just run Buildbox asis without internet access but only require internet access when exporting?
    - The time difference does not favor some of us as the support team only respond when I am about to sleep and when i wake up, I have to wait another whole day just to get an update :(

Now its morning here and i am stuck. This is becoming annoying.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  4. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

use on 2 devices but not concurrently. Still used by a single developer.

I also dread the internet activation: I use it on saturdays when I bring my son to tuition and at the mall where I can wait for him there is no wifi... same situation when I will be travelling by plane: what will I be doing idle for hours when during a single trip I have seen people completing a game? :D

It would be good if the system had an activation system like Game Maker whereby it required to be connected to the server at least once per month. It would make a big difference.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    blackswan likes this.
  5. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I have it loaded on a laptop and a desktop. I just had to move from a mini to a mac pro. Support was easy to deal with. Just tell them you need to move your license from one machine to another. It took a day or two to happen but they sorted it out and I am up and running just fine on both machines.

6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Yep its now sorted. Thanks

7. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Yes you can run on both Windows and Mac

8. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

if you are going to buy a new PC go for a MAC: you will be able to compile for iOS and MAC on top of Android...

tweettopix likes this.
  9. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Mac is the best way to go for the reasons @netkomm stated :D