Commonly Asked Questions - How Can I...?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by andre_sprs, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy Boxer

How do I keep the character from getting to close to the edges as they proceed through a (portrait formatted platformer game) scene - I need sort of a "margin" in my scenes so they are prevented form running to the edge blindly. They do stay on the platform but are partially off screen. I need a way to hold then back.

2. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

@Cowboy Have a play with your game screen frame found on Start Scene :)

3. Cowboy

Cowboy Boxer

Thanks for the feedback, I had a play and it did nothing... can you elaborate? What do you mean by "give it a play". I adjusted the game frame in and out but no results. Is there a setting that controls this distance or margin? Thank you in advance.

4. Cowboy

Cowboy Boxer

That worked - the confusion came with the term... Other posts are referring to this same thing as a "game frame" yet others a "scroll frame" and yet others a "screen frame" -- the hovering tool tip labels it "Show Game Frame" - but for newbies, its the square icon with the circles in each corner - in the top-right corner of the start scene. It can only be activated and seen on the START scene as Francisco stated above. Thank you.

5. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Have a look in here for more help, and to be more specific with game frame settings look up this :)

good boxing bruv it's no sweat :D

6. ThePurpleBeam

ThePurpleBeam Boxer

No idea if it's possible, but I would love to see:

How to change a character while playing (without using "pause", just by clicking a specific button or something);
    How to add an option to get, let's say, 10 lives for downloading/trying a specific game/app
    How to add daily/hourly rewards

7. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

1. If you add "Character Selector" to your Gameplay UI, i think you can choose other character
    2. You can add a reward action and if your lives sistem is trough points or coins, but is no option to check if is install this app
    3. You can add Interval Reward ( 20% chance a reward button to show up )

8. vscully

vscully Boxer

I'm sure I'm not posting this in the correct place, so apologies. I'm finally trying to punish my app on the iOS store. I need to create an app preview but I can't seem to export from Quicktime at 1080. Does anyone know why it won't allow this?

9. ThomasByrne

ThomasByrne Boxer

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add different music for my worlds. There's easy options for adding music to the UI screens, but I want to add music to my levels, not my menus.

10. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

11. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Great help!

12. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

hi man i was finding someone on forums who could convert my game to exe file if i send him by email and then resend me by email after converting to exe.I have some problems due to which i cant convert my game..so plz if u can tell me ur email i will send my game to u?plz help.

13. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

hi man i was finding someone on forums who could convert my game to exe file if i send him by email and then resend me by email after converting to exe.I have some problems due to which i cant convert my game..so plz if u can tell me ur email i will send my game to u?plz help.

14. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Hi, you can just email support@buildbox.com and they can take care of this for you no problem.

15. blueboxinteractive

blueboxinteractive Boxer

Quick question here boxers :) - how can i set an animation to a character that takes damage. So lets say for example you set you character to have 2 health and a bullet does 1 damage. Is there anyway to show the character has taken damage instead of it just not killing character? Otherwise it's confusing for the gamer and will think its a glitch instead of the character surviving the shot. So either the character blinks, or animates for example so can see he took 1 health and then the second shot is the death animation. :)... thanks in advance !

16. ammit.egghead

ammit.egghead Boxer

Here I have two character with different touch on screen. But at at a time only first character touch event work for both characters. How can i use multiple character with different touch at same screen (I already change on Advanced Move Event setting but it’s not worked).

Attached Files:

17. SorushUsesBuildBox

SorushUsesBuildBox Boxer

How can I access game frame on BuildBox 2.1

Zachary Kline likes this.
  18. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

I got one you can add to your How can I... list, how can i scale my character when i hit a power up or and enemy like in Mario brothers for nes?

19. huli

huli Boxer

is there any any one who can help out?

20. Ahsan

Ahsan Boxer

Hi guys im new at buildbox as I just started using 3d my question is dumb but plz help when I press home button in game and come back to app my game stops working from what I can gather u have to pause the game when home button press I THINK not sure can some one help me with this