Question About Montly Payment

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by srboljub1989, Mar 7, 2018.

1. srboljub1989

srboljub1989 Boxer

Hey guys, I am new here and plan to buy Buildbox, but have question. I am planning to paying every month $99.. but, if I want to give up after 2-3-4 month, can I just cancel monthly subscription?

Thanks

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

The payment is for 1 year.

Commitment:
    1 year, paid monthly
    (with 14-day cancellation policy)

You can send an email to Support to ask.
    support@buildbox.com

@TreySmith said a few days ago that they were going to change licenses, and there may be a free or trial version.
    http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-get-buildbox.11614/page-2#post-66450

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

This is their current plan. Said sometime next week they will put it out there and test it.

[​IMG]

4. haulappmobile

haulappmobile Boxer

Wow, this is interesting. I've never seen something executed like this before. Pretty smart to limit scenes and worlds. GG

AppNasty likes this.
  5. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, it will be interesting. Fingers crossed ;)

Btw, @srboljub1989 , the reason we do contracts is because of the upcoming free version and pricing plans. If we did not, then people would upgrade just to export, or edit a game, then downgrade. It would be constant upgrading and downgrading, and the system would be very easy to abuse. It's the same reason Unity has contracts as well.

AppNasty likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

But we can still cancel anytime right? like....you aint gonna report it and damage mah credit are you? lololol
    By contract you mean you will NOT allow said person to switch? If they want to sub again they will have no choice but to go with whichever plan they had before for at least a year? With the exception of upgrading?

7. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

During the contract, anyone can upgrade, but not downgrade (for the same reasons listed above). If you upgrade, there is no contract extension.

When the contract is expired after a year, then it's a regular month to month subscription as long as you stay in the same tier. If you want to upgrade, then no problem. You can do so without any contract. If you want to downgrade, then the contract starts over for the reason reasons listed above (people could easily hop pricing tiers, etc). If you quit and want to rejoin later, then it's the same as the first time.

Just an FYI, this is all preliminary and some could change after we do our testing. At launch, we will have final terms clearly represented in an easy to understand way on the site.

AppNasty likes this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Makes sense. My payment is due soon and i would just stick with the full package. Dont want anything hindering me from creating. But i know a lot of people who make more minimal styled games will love the cheaper prices.

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No more price charged per entire year?

10. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, yearly will be two months for free like before. So if you multiply any of those by 10, that will be the yearly cost.

Christoph likes this.
  11. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I think it's great that BB will be opened up to other users - but from experience with another engine that had tiered pricing, I think you will need to have a new forum section just for new/free users to post and locking them out from posting in the main forum but with 'read only' access.

Of course, current subscribers should be allowed to jump in and post with help and answer questions, otherwise the main forum will become overrun with endless questions on the same subjects and soon gets cluttered up with crap.

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

How about a $59 Indie Plus offer? With 80-90 scenes or so? :) That's the one I would be interested in.

swiftcurrent, Danlespect and AaroArts like this.
  13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That would suit me better too :D

14. anthony_williamson

anthony_williamson Boxer

It's not so funny, actually. I signed up for the monthly $99 subscription back in Nov 2017, and literally could not afford to continue the subscription in December. I didn't even have enough money in the account to fund the next payment, but they kept trying to hit the card anyway. By January, I was being threatened by Buildbox staff with the following "If your payment is not received within 15 days, you will be contacted by an independent collection agency to pay the total amount still owing on your subscription.".

I had no idea they were switching over to enforcing payments, or that I would be reported to the credit agencies if I could no longer afford to pay the $99 fee. How the heck am I supposed to return to the fold now? Pay 4 or 5 months up front?

I realize businesses are only out for the money, but this new direction has not only made it impossible for me re-subscribe to Buildbox, but now I have to look at possibly rebuilding my game from scratch on another platform. Not cool!

swiftcurrent likes this.
  15. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I would talk to buildbox support or @TreySmith

16. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

17. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Hmmmmm i had to cancel for same reasons months ago but i never got any kind of message like that nor did anything hit my credit.

18. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Since they dont want people price hopping, i wonder if its best to just stick with $99 full version, and only have a free super limited version so new comers can learn and test. As for contracts.....i mean....i get it. Sucks....but i cant see another way for them to do it so people don't price hop. Contracts seems the only way. Unless someone hops thru family members....buys x plan...cancels, uses wifes name to buy cheaper....cancels....To me, what seems more reasonable would be release the free version....and only have $99 upgrade. Month to month.....then they don't need contracts. you only get 1 version like we do now. If you pay...great. if you don't....ok. Either way, monies coming in.

EDIT: Also guys, don't be discouraged. Trust me when i say that they want to hear feedback. It helps to pinpoint what direction they will take. Contracts aren't some scheme. EVERYTHING has contracts. Your cable...internet...cell phone.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Trey said over the next week or so on his FB account i think. Not sure.

20. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

He said they were shooting for 3/14 this Wednesday. So fingers crossed! lol