Buildbox 2.3.3 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

It looks as though you need to check the "stick to edge" box for your Buttons.
    I would also remove all the black edges too as this makes it look like the screen isn't fitting to the device.
    Try to replace them with more of your sky/space background.
    The Main Menu image is getting clipped because it's a static image. Ideally you want less details around the edges to account for fitting to multiple devices as clipping/revealing extra areas will always occur when building for multiple screensizes.

Having said that, I'm not sure whats going on with the the Levels so there could be a bug with Auto-fit for Landscape devices.
    For a quicker response and a fix I'd send all this to Support@Buildbox.com
    @Andy will get back to you pretty quick.

Christoph likes this.
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The first thing you need to do is to figure out if height or width is the critical dimension for your gameplay. For aesthetics, it looks like it might be "fit to width", but this will make your game easier/harder on different devices. So I would go with "fit to height" personally.

Second, you need to make proper use of "stick to edge". Any UI elements (buttons) that need to float at the edges or in the corners definitely need "stick to edge".

3. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Fit height does not work for Ipad. Test and see yourself

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

That's a rather general statement. If you use "stick to edge" where you should then it takes care of the primary issues. Even if you use Auto you still need to use "stick to edge" on at least the buttons.

5. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

I've reported this to support before.
    The problem isn't really the UI, that should be an easy fix, but the way BB zoomes in too much on one or the other (ipad vs iphone x) screen shapes. My suggestion is: "fit to zoom out as much as possible" or to be able to define a safe zone that will be included no matter the screen size.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I just talked to Nik. If you are using Auto there is an issue with landscape games. The Auto function needs to be inverted and it is not at the current time. The next build should have this fix, if this is critical for you then contact support@buildbox.com and we will try to send you a build when it is ready, at least a few days from now. The advice about using "Stick to Edge" is still and always will be applicable.

Choosing the correct Screen Adjustment from the beginning will give you the best result, whether using Auto or not. You should be considering the different device sizes and design accordingly based on exactly what your game requires.

7. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

The problem is with apple. As i said, if i put fit to H, it works on Iphone X and for all Iphones but in Ipad is broken. If i fit to W, works in All iphones and Ipad and in Iphone X is broken, both gameplay and UI. Stick to edge works for UI, but gameplay still broken. While you don´t release a fix i will finisg my demo to publisher and ask for nick fix it or send me a Beta build with this problem fixed.

8. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I agree with you, but it is a work around. They have to fix it, and i can choose to complete area with black sprites or big scenarios, background or big UIs.

9. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Moving objects and action by mouse sometimes is not working, you have to use arrows to like unblock it
    and sometimes instead of moving object or action its start to selecting

10. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Thanks @Lamora ! I noticed this myself and we are going to have this fixed soon. This should be taken care of with 2.3.4

oxsionsoft likes this.
  11. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Thanks @ZackGriset that's awesome

12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Would it be possible to adjust the Event Observer for the Review Request to not show if an Interstitial is scheduled?
    On occasions the Review Request will pop over the an Interstitial.

Christoph likes this.
  13. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @AaroArts , I can definitely add it to the list of feature requests. We've been getting a lot of requests recently, so I don't know how soon we can get to it, but I agree with ya. Totally makes sense to have it set up that way.

14. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

multiple select with copying and pasting still has a lot of bugs I experienced many things and I don't understand what is happening like the character doesn't move anymore with path sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. illogical thing happening with buildbox it mad my had turn. and it crashes a lot I sent some auto-generated reports.

15. franck75002

franck75002 Boxer

Hello ,

After much research, I realized that buildbox had a bug i n the jump of the characters.

Indeed, if the user click in the corners of the devices (the clickable area), the character blocks on the image of the jump. He can not move any further ...
    I tried with another project, I have the same problem.

Do you have any solutions? Thank you !

PS : look the video and screenshot
    [​IMG]
    https://sendvid.com/sbxuqx0d

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I have a similar problem already reported to support. Basically it's not possible to activate the jump button at the very top and the very bottom of the device when in portrait. It seems like it is the area where banners appear. But if you don't have them enabled it still is a 'dead' zone. The funny thing is that in my case, the button triggers the audio attached to it. But it doesn't jump. What you describe might be the same or a similar bug. Might be best to report it to @ZackGriset or support in general and send them another bbdoc just so they check this as well when they are fixing it.

17. thomaszak

thomaszak Boxer

Hey guys. Brand new here. I just joined the indie subscription for $35 a month. I do not have The Everything Collection, which is included in the indie package. How do i get these files????

18. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

You should receive an email with a link.

19. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

If you did not receive anything just hit up support@buildbox.com and they will get you sorted out.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I’m not sure if it’s a bug/glitch, but if you use a “RESTART” button in 2.3.3, you get a flash of a random scene/background before restarting the World. (Literally a spilt second).

But if you use “DEFAULT” and connect the button manually on the Mind Map to the start of the World, it transitions smoothly.

This is only a problem when you want to use the same Game Over for multiple Worlds in order to control Interstitials. (Having multiple Game Over UI’s for multiple Worlds makes it hard to distribute Interstials evenly).

Seeing a flash after the butting press makes the game look unpolished :(
    But I’d really like to use the “RESTART” function to avoid having multiple Game Over UI’s.

@Andy @ZackGriset Any ideas, Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.