Have A Meeting With Voodoo

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Appossible, Jan 4, 2018.

1. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Fantastic stuff. Your almost a genius. :rolleyes:

2. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Haha far from it! The need for guides on setting up game analytics, ad networks, and so on has become greater, so even though some of these guides don't really deal with the Buildbox software specifically, we wanted to help you all have success whether you're developing for fun or trying to release games through a publisher. More to come!

AndyG and AaroArts like this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Appsflyer !!! That's like from another parallel Universe. Complex stuff.

And thanks again for the Game Analytics guide. I can confirm it works flawlessly. But people, don't think this is only for Voodoo testing. This is a must to track for yourself. This data can change your life. Literally.

One thing @ZackGriset I was facing now when setting up my Appodeal guides, is, how to resolve the updates so people will see it each time I update (which already happened twice now). Changelog with date is a must and if we could somehow subscribe to these documents and get an e-mail when an update is live that would be the perfect solution. Happy to see my guide uploaded there as well.

AstrologicMedia and ZackGriset like this.
  4. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Oh that's a good point. Right now, you can only watch a thread, not a specific post. It would be nice to see when a useful post has been updated. Right now, the person who created the post would have to reply with another message saying it's been updated so that people could get notifications. Not optimal for sure. I'll look into this and see if we can add that capability.

As for my documents, I don't think intercom has this option built in so my best solution would be to make an official announcement or send out an email when a particular document is updated. I'll look into this for sure man. It's definitely something that could be tweaked and improved. Especially because documents like these are used quite often.

Christoph likes this.
  5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Just a question : Where are game scores stored in v 2.2.8 ?

6. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Awesome - Will check it out, perfect timing - Thanks Dude!

ZackGriset likes this.
  7. HiBeck

HiBeck Boxer

Hey guys so what about two lines of code
    • GameAnalytics.NewProgressionEvent(GAProgressionStatus.Start, "game");
    • GameAnalytics.NewProgressionEvent(GAProgressionStatus.Complete, "game", score); how to integrate them into the game, in the tutorial GameAnalytics I did not find them @ZackGriset @Buildbox

8. Danlespect

Danlespect Avid Boxer

It's in the example of the step 20 :)

//In the function ScreenOnEnter():
    {

NSString* n = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:name];

float score = PTPScoreController::scores().distance.current();
    /*Here you have to choose the right line in the guide (distance/points/coins/current/best)*/

if([n isEqualToString: @"NAME OF YOUR WORLD UI"])
    {
    [GameAnalytics addProgressionEventWithProgressionStatus:GAProgressionStatusStart progression01:mad:"game" progression02:nil progression03:nil];
    }
    if([n isEqualToString: @"NAME OF YOUR GAME OVER UI"])
    {
    [GameAnalytics addProgressionEventWithProgressionStatus:GAProgressionStatusComplete progression01:mad:"game" progression02:nil progression03:nil score:score];
    }

}

9. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

10. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

I've recently been added to the voodoo dashboard so I started reading this thread to see what I can learn and figure out how to upload my game to the voodoo testing dashboard but it still doesn't make sense to me ://
    What are the steps in this guide for?
    https://intercom.help/buildbox/game-analytics-documents/game-analytics-ios

Also how do I do all the other steps in the integration guide that voodoo asks like: Game analytics, Facebook SDKs, release game, verification.
    Could someone give me detailed information that i could follow to upload my game and test it?
    PS: im also using version 2.2.9 and I dont want to update it so can i possibly work around that? Thanks a lot!

11. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,
    The Guide you mentioned is for Game Analytics Integration .And for Facebook Sdk refer facebook Developer website link (Not unity but normal sdk for ios) given in integration page.
    And above all you must Upgrade to V2.3.3 No matter what to integrate these sdk.

12. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

Thanks for the help but are you sure there's no way for me to test it without using V2.3.3? I really don't want to update my Buildbox.

13. TheGameAppStudio

You are welcome .Yes without 2.3.3 you can't move forward with testing.
    I understand .......

14. HiBeck

HiBeck Boxer

15. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

If I upgrade to 2.3.3 will my games that i have made on 2.9.9 still work?

16. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

@ZackGriset Could you possibly make instructions for the 2.9.9 buildbox version? Thanks bro :)

17. TheGameAppStudio

Of course they do.Also make a backup of bbdoc made with version 2.2.9 and proceed.
    FYI Tried integrating GameAnalytics in 2.2.9 as it lack a file for tracking scores the integration would not be successful .

18. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @Fernandooo69, unfortunately I have way too many tasks I need to complete and I really want to focus on making tutorials and knowledge base documents for current and future versions of BB. I can't really allocate time to instructional documents that will most likely become outdated soon. Is there a specific reason you are not updating to 2.3.X?

19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

For the most part, IF you run into an issue when updating to bb 2.3.3, we can usually solve it for you here in the forums. I have TONS of games ive made on my pc and i haven't found not a single issue that broke the games after updating. Even from BB 2.0 games. So best bet is to update, then ask here if you run into a problem.

20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

So cool @TreySmith nice to hear that!