Can You Still Publish Games With Buildbox 1?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by JustWatchApps, Feb 22, 2018.

1. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Yes! I have been gone so long that I don't know the answer to this question...

Does anybody still use Buildbox 1.x?

Thanks!

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Good question but my guess is no. Or if it does in one month it would probably stop anyway when Apple is forcing you to use Xcode 9. Also, ad networks could be a problem too.

3. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Thanks!

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I know theres a few things Google and Apple stores changed and demand that 1.x didnt do. They sent me a warning when i first started BB on 1.x saying i needed to update x. Had to wait for BB to issue an update that fixed the issue in 2.x. Only other way is to find out what issues they had, then manually fix it via your source code. Besides....why would ANYONE want to use old bb anyways?

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Maybe you have paid full license for BB1?

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So if you paid for a full license for BB1....you didnt get to update to 2x? oh that would suck lol.

7. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

If you bought a one off license and not the monthly subscription, you can still use it. As in, Buildbox the software will work. How well the games BB1 exports works on various platforms and devices is a different question though. Like others have mentioned, you may need to manually update many things to comply with new regulations set by Apple and Google and others.