Buildbox 2.3.3 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Seems to be an issue with transform logic with fixed collision objects and crashes more frequently than previous

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@brakewind723 If you can send a scenario that crashes a certain percentage of the time to support@buildbox.com that would be helpful. If anyone has the issue on Windows we should get the crash reports if they accept uploading them.

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yeh, I also reported that issue almost a year ago.
    Where if you "jumped" whilst exiting a Portal your Character could multiple several times over.
    It's still possible in my game now.

But this is a different issue with 2.3+
    When a Character is travelling down the Y-Axis, and goes through a Portal it either doesn't go through or spawns in an incorrect location.
    The feature is unusable.
    At first I thought it was because my Character had an Advanced Move Rotation, but I removed it and it still happens.

4. Lazarus

Lazarus Boxer

5. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

6. Lazarus

Lazarus Boxer

7. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

They will respond asap. Only support can help with this.

8. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

On the weekend, there is no support.

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I’ve just updated a couple of BB games (not even mine) and all my challenges became relocked and my coins and best score we’re reset.

An update shouldn’t cause you to lose progress.
    I also mentioned this a while back.

Has this been resolved in 2.3.3?

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

All the examples I have looked at so far, including the older issue I mentioned is a setup issue. I don't see any of these issues with portals. We'll gladly help you through this if you can provide a file that you think is exhibiting wrong behavior. If it does turn out to be a bug we can get it in the queue for fixing ASAP.

All issues related to this have been resolved to my knowledge.

11. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

Is it now Stable enough ?

12. lawchin

lawchin Boxer

100% agreed!

13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Andy There is a bug in 2.3.3 in which when I copy an object with its children like 2 other objects It duplicates it children more than once and in seperate places of the scene. I try multi selecting all and still it happens. I heard from @Christoph that this was gonna be fixed in BB 2.3.3 but still same error occurs.

Btw before submitting this I retried something and reimported some of my assets and this time it is ok. Maybe it is because I had created this project in 2.2.9 and opened it in 2.3.3 it happened.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So I started a new game that uses spawners as a very important part of it. And guess what? there are several bugs.
    Being the most annoying one: if you spawn enemies they don't behave anymore like enemies. They don't kill anymore.

Edit: the objects seem to have changed again into platforms... I changed them again to enemies and it's now working. Very weird.

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

In 2.3.3 it should definitely not be happening, it should have nothing to do with starting a game in 2.2.9. Work with @ZackGriset to make sure we understand exactly what the issue is.

I set up a simple enemy spawner and it's definitely behaving as expected, it's killing the character. So it seems there is more to it than that. I assume that you sent more details to @ZackGriset about this?

16. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

The character seem to have been involuntarily moved to the front in each scene.

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I have one example of something similar. A fix will be in a future release. But if you fix manually it should not happen again.

That said, if you have a solid concrete and reproducible example I would appreciate the info so we can make sure it's fixed.

18. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

One thing that i never understand in Buildbox. Why a Platform type object don´t colide with a enemy? For do this i have always to make a workaround. If i create a platform and make a enemy walk to it, it pass through :(

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Would need to see an example. If they are both set to collide it is working correctly. Probably I just don't know your specific setup. But I ran a quick test and it seems OK.

EDIT:
    Ah, actually I see, if the enemy is a fixed object then it will pass through. If I remember right there is some physics engine "feature" that is involved here. I will have to check with the development team. But I'd wager that velocity on fixed objects is not real physics velocity... therefore an actual physical collision won't occur. Instead, make enemies move using paths or set them up as real physics objects with velocity.

20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Currently getting a bug in 2.3.3 where Lock Buttons aren't positioned in the correct location in BB after animating their Scale in the Opening Animation (plus the window zooms miles out and the UI Scene moves off screen).

2 of my 3 buttons say they're at position 794 on Y Axis, but 2 aren't positioned there in the BB Window.
    When I click their Y coordinate and hit enter it moves to the correct location (794).

If I save and close/open BB, they move back to different locations even though their Y coordinate is still 794...
    Strangely enough it renders in the correct location in Preview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.