Buildbox 2.3.2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Sounds great Trey. An idea with the new website would be to include a bug database where we could upload BB docs with a description of the problem and screenshots etc. Maybe something for the future if its too late now.

Maybe it will help get us in the habit of sending BBdocs when there's serious problems instead of posting on the forum and people get frustrated when they are told to email support!

2. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, I would like to find some tie-in for JIRA (our bug tracking software) so you guys can see what we're doing. We want to launch that with a knowledgebase. Submission and bug creation would be great as well. Just need to find the time ;)

3. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

LOL... Quite the Grifter attitude ;) LOVE IT!! :p

AppNasty likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I just found another quiet annoying bug:

Back Deletion Threshold. This is used to have a good performance on older devices, right? The problem is with iPhone X which is a new device. I have to put the threshold very high so the objects do not disappear visibly in iPhone X. But when I add this as high, on older devices the game immediately lags. For example I need 1200 pixels so big objects do not disappear while on iPhone 5 I could go easily with only 800 pixels. This does not make any sense. Why should I increase it for iPhone X if older devices are affected? It seems it doesn't take the iPhone X gameframe as a reference. and uses the iPhone 5 gameframe instead. Can you guys confirm, @ZackGriset @Andy? Thanks.

AndyG likes this.
  5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually playing with it a little more, the problem seems to be different. Back Deletion Threshold seems to work as it should when doing a -90 upwards game. But the Side Deletion Threshold still affects what is loaded towards the top (which on a 0 degree forward game would be it's side). So if I put a low value there, objects do not get loaded as they should. So instead only to have a big back deletion threshold I also need to have a big side Deletion Threshold. It's very confusing. But now I think it has rather to do with the rotation of the game than it has to do with iPhone X.

Edit: What still stands from my previous post is that iPhone X needs at least 500 Back Deletion Threshold. If not elements get deleted before they are out of the screen. Not sure if this is intended or not. It should be 500 measured from the iPhone X gameframe. Now who knows what it is taking as a reference... so this are in fact two bugs. The one described above with the rotation applied to the game and this one with iPhone X.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  7. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Thanks for reporting this in Christoph. I'll make sure that Andy and the dev team are informed as well. We will take care of it for sure. I'll try and see if we can fit this fix into the next update. Much appreciated Christoph!

8. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Trey I have reported this bug through support what is happening if you drop a bullet into the bullet animation box in character when playing on preview it works it fires it travels but when you export to android it it fires but stays static. It's only on export this happens there is the obvious work around but the above has been a bug since 2.3.0

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug:
    When you put more than one Event Observer in the same UI it only respects the first one. So lets say you have different World UIs and want to switch between them after 10pts, then to the next one after 20pts and so on you can't add all those event observers into the same UI. You have to put one observer into each following UI so it's basically a chain but this lags big time because it has to go through all UIs and for each UI it has to read the specific event observer when you pick up a menu jump. The correct behavior would be to get to the first UI and the corresponding correct event observer (depending on your points) takes you to the correct UI.

It's another big downside for my current game setup that basically prevents my game being concluded. I am waiting already 1 month with this game for updates and bug fixes. One of those moments I just can't believe I'm still developing struggling with the software.

Edit:
    Actually playing with it a little more I found out a way to use at least 2 event observers in the same UI: Lets say you have one observer of 10pts and another one of 20pts. If you rename both event observers to your liking (like Observer 10pts and Observer 20pts) it won't work. It will only respect the first event observer. BUT if you only rename one and the other you leave with the default name (Event Observer) then it respects both. So the bug actually seems to exist when you rename the observers. Can you confirm @Andy @ZackGriset?

Edit (one more time):
    The above 'trick' to make two event observers function only works in Buildbox's preview. On device (iOS) it does NOT work. So there is maybe more to it than only the naming of event observers. Oh please include these fixes in 2.3.3. Weren't the event observer bugs fixed after 2.3.0?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  10. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Just found out that in the Windows EXE PC export, previously unlocked lock buttons are locked again, or nothing is save at all when closing the Windows program. This bummed me out since I was waiting on the Windows Exe export for a long long time, and my game isn't an endless game. However, in terms of performance issues on Windows? Smooth as butter ;) @Andy @ZackGriset

On the bright side, since I exported to iOS using BB 2.2.3, fortunately , I have not experienced these issues that were reported by other users:
    -
    - This works for me as there are invisible actions all over the game I put in just for the sounds
    I looked out for them heavily because of this thread. Thanks boxers and BB Team!

AppNasty likes this.
  11. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Please add some kind of pause or timeout after reward video purchase for the next update!
    Because continue a game session after reward video without a short break is very hard

AppNasty likes this.
  12. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i tried to paste a gameplay action with 0 time wrap inside the default animation of the next checkpoint but the game always crashes

13. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

:D i have also tried this! My game doesn't crash but it also didn't work! I also tried to copy a menu jump inside the action animation (Menu jump with pause gameplay) but nothing works

The only thing that works, is to add a advanced move at the character with event at start and velocity to 0
    but this looks stupid with the gameplay i need for my game

14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Hello Monday :)

adrogdesigns and thatguyminib like this.
  15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Probably one more day, some things took longer last week than expected. We are in the middle of what should be a final round of testing.

AaroArts and AndyG like this.
  16. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I hope this doesn't become the Valentines Day Massacre!!

Benfont, thatguyminib and KidApp like this.
  17. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

How was the testing we getting an update today/tonight for.some of.us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.