Endless Coin

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by PlayShaft, Jan 31, 2018.

1. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hi people! I want to make an endless coin, like in a mario. The symbol jumps on the block and 1 coin from it is pushed out. And so several times until the block disappears. Does anyone have a way to do this?

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Could you try layered images with different sized Collision boxes if you want X amount of coins?

Mr Goodcat likes this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ive done it before. Using the way @AaroArts said. Make like 8 blocks. Make top block have a slightly larger collision....next one slightly smaller etc. Then when you hit it, you only hit the larger collision block...coin comes out. then there are 7 left. hit the next, which is second largest collision setting. Now you have 8 times you can hit a block before it destroys. Last block make separate but looks the same as the other block you clones 7 times. but make the LAST block have destruction animation.

Danlespect likes this.
  4. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

I wish the coins did not end. Maybe someone knows how to make a hop counter?

5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You could add an Action button underneath the Jump button and earn yourself a coin every time you Jumped in the game...
    It really depends on what exactly you're trying to achieve.

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I just made an endless Coin Block in 2.3.2.
    It's not perfect, but works pretty well and gives you a coin every time you jump and hit it.

I made a separate thread here.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018