Buildbox 2.3.2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Ok i understood. I am a Bad developer. Thanks

2. akimrix

akimrix Boxer

[​IMG]
    I solved the problem!!! Removed extra connection in the "connection mode",
    Sean said: "Then activate connections mode and connect the bullet to the character. This will work and is the better method overall.
    Is the red end on the bullet?"
    Did everything right! Thanks!!!

Buildbox in the 21st century is a revolution in creating games, who are unhappy with - try to learn JAVA, C++, C# Swift for a short period, it need years to learn! Buildbox is doing everything in seconds, it's a miracle! Be happy that there is this program, Yes I am "web full stack developer", but didn't have time to develop games, and Buildbox changed my life! Thank you BB team and good luck in development!

volcank and AndyG like this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Remember, it is ok to LEARN and better yourself. Now go work on other BB projects whilst you wait for the fix you need. Money money money moneeyyy. MONNNEEEYYYY!

4. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I don´t have another projects that i want to release now. And this specific project i am working with two artists guys and we want work right now. Diferent peopple have diferent priorities. You have to respect this instead send messages saying that some customers are bad developers because they facing problems with engine tool.

Christoph likes this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

No no no, im talking about BAD decisions devs make. You guys put your eggs into one basket and now suffer from it. And i dont have to respect anything. I am trying to help. My point is, ITS OK. Use this time to practice some other techniques in BB. may inspire you to add something to your big project or even inspire a NEW GAME IDEA. Dont just sit around moping about it. WORK. I had this one game that an update broke. I had to wait over a month for an update to fix it. Ok....i was upset. BUT, it ended up leading to me making several other unique games ive yet to even show the world. Now is the time to work on side projects. A hit may come from it. I remember awhile back you posted some kids platformer game. A few of us downloaded your bbdoc file to help you figure out the issue. You had an issue of it loading slow and we discovered you had too many assets. That game was killer. Really well put together. Your creativity is awesome. Dont let it stay with JUST this project. It is out of your hands. BB devs aren't magic...they can only fix as they go. It affects them and their paychecks just as it does you. We are all on the same team.

ZackGriset and akimrix like this.
  6. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

You did bad developer after i posted my discussion with Trey and i did not like this. I understood what you say but i don´t have six projetcs right now and i want to works on this projects, For this specific project if Buildbox did not fix i will hire a guy and pay to him and i will make the same game with another engine. I pay all year for Buildbox and i hope that it can be stable soon. I have construct and unity guys, i made 9 games on construct last year. I make games for anoter projects and with another engines. So each person has his priorities. If you have 6 BB projects, go on and release them. I don´t have another projetcs that i want release before this one. After publish this i will back to another projects and my priority now is release THIS project with Buildbox or not.

7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok then. So like everyone else, you will have to WAIT. You know how many people pay for advanced version of Unity and suddenly a bug hits which haults their production? Many. But im glad to hear you have other things with other engines you work on. Keep on keepin on.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually I'm using the advanced move objects within another object. Imagine you have a division in the middle of your game Wall Switch that behaves exactly as the walls on each side. In this object I put the advanced moves objects so I don't have to rig it in each scene. I add only the division wall into the scene and done. Very comfortable. But now the advanced moves sometimes work, and sometimes they don't. It's like if the collision shapes are not recognized each time. Or not build or I don't know.

The same happens to other objects without advanced moves. I sent you guys a bbdoc with a problem from the taking damage sfx. Somewhere in this thread I uploaded a video as well. For some reasons sometimes the collision shape is recognized sometimes not which results in the SFX triggered sometimes and sometimes not.

The same happens for actions. I have a delicate rig, pixel perfectly build. So when you are a little bit late you don't pick the action up anymore because it gets moved out of the way. Most of the time it works as intended. But maybe 1 of 20 it doesn't.

The same happens for physics objects spawned within other objects death animation. You can set the physics object to no collide and even then, sometimes they do collide. Again, it seems to be related to the collision shapes. And again, it's a sometimes it works, sometimes not.

9. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hey man, I like you to. There is no issue here and I am not mad. I just want to make you HAPPY. I'm trying to nail down exactly how to do that.

We have a strict rule in the company to not give release dates. We have them internally and used to give them out in the past, but people would get understandably upset when we didn't hit those dates.

But, I will say this: One thing you guys have requested is more COMMUNICATION. And that's why I am here. That's why I am explaining some of our processes. That's also why Nik wrote the dev blog update (which will be continual).

In that spirit, let me tell you what is going on internally with development:

We have 12 bugs left to clean up the issues from forum users. Some small, some largre, and we're attempting to have all of them fixed in 2.3.3. That could be hard if one bug ends up taking the team a full day -- which is not atypical for development -- so I have an 80% threshold set for this release. That means we have to fix at least 80% of these 12 bugs in 2.3.3 before we release. Shooting for 100%, but don't want to delay things longer than we have too.

Internally, I've set a hard date for February 10th on this, though we will NOT be releasing on Friday anymore... so it should come out the following Monday. Yes, I'm breaking my own rule here. Because what if we can fit 2 more bugs in? What if we have a serious issue (like a graphics driver incompatibility) that takes up X amount of hours we didn't plan for... etc.. So yes things could happen, but that's the internal plan and we are CURRENTLY on track to hit it.

10. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

So we hired three people last month, and one of these guys is an amazing tester. Don't get me wrong, we've had testers before, but this guy is a really strong addition. He's focused on regression, stress testing, etc, and we hired him because of feedback from you guys. Thanks for that. Stuff like this helps us make decisions.

I'm actually going to be handing him this case, so I have one more question for you. Is this setup similar to GLITCH? You have a bar in the middle that bounces the character back in the direction it came from?

KidApp likes this.
  11. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

If you can please add my last e-mail bugs to the next release. I preffer wait than work with these bugs.

12. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

A 3 week cycle for updates would be a great target. Potentially 17 per year. I think thats been a big issue for everyone that months can roll by without an update. If we can become faster at updating this would be a big help for all. Im sure all would agree we don't necessarily or want to wait till all bugs are fixed before a release but if there were regular updates where a handful get fixed at least everyone see's we're moving forward and not seemingly in limbo waiting.

KidApp and Christoph like this.
  13. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

It is absolutely a balancing act.

You don't mind waiting on your bugs, @tributorock, but others might. And we have tried before to fix all (or the majority) of bugs before releasing updates before...t is when we would go months without an update. That didn't work out well for us either. Balancing act.

My goal?

Make 2.3.3 be the GO TO version. The one that you guys love, like 2.2.9 but better. Then, we do updates, but there is no need to do them constantly because this version is solid as a rock... and we can focus our attention to 3.0. We focus on getting BB subscribers a solid beta to 3.0. Then you can do the crazy stuff you want with nodes, real logic, SDK control, etc. No more restrictions and weird workarounds.

Then, when 3.0 gets finalized, we do bi-weekly updates until it's solid, and monthly updates until it's perfect. Once that is done, I'm turning focus to consoles (which will be around 3.5).

I'm planning on doing a blog post about all of this, including our roadmap, with the release of Buildbox 3.0. But that's the short version.

14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Thats awesome news on the update plans. And consoles. Oh like as if it wasn't interesting before with just 3D :)

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, pretty much. But I think Glitch has no gravity. In my case there is gravity.

16. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Awesome thanks for the info, will forward it along.

17. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

:) That there is great news!

18. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Any chance of a Roadmap? Or the possibility of a monthly 'BB update' that covers progression on bugs, known issues and what's being worked on for the next patch?

Maybe this will help bring some clarity to everyone here and give the Zack or the new tester a chance to engage with us too.

swiftcurrent likes this.
  19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Here, how bout this. Y'all just kick back and relax and ill solve allllllllllll these bugs n make BB perfect. Take care of these here issues hmmmm. You know....it's not easy being a hero.....

TreySmith likes this.
  20. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, and yes. I will do a post on the roadmap before BB3 is released, and we are going to start showing what bugs are being fixed on our site. Our backend developers have been working on a new site design, login system and changes like this for months.

spicedbeangames likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.