Have A Meeting With Voodoo

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Appossible, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It's not only the ad SDK but as well the way you monetize. Buildbox does not support those methods like an ad after a certain interval of time played or video rewards option in special UI that only shows up when you are connected etc. There might be as well retention tools that you won't be able to implement like rewards depending on achievement in game progess, combos to get instant rewards in gameplay etc.

volcank, Danlespect and AndyG like this.
  2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Yep moving forward with BB3 it absolutely MUST have the ability to integrate all Publisher requirements for monetization and also updates coming fast to react to changes in the market led by those same Publishers.

AaroArts likes this.
  3. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

I am dealing with getting things ready for Voodoo. Gameanalytics SDK is pretty easy and straight forward. Fixing to do Facebook SDK which i know works as well. Having talked with Sean, he stated that voodoo knows buildbox capabilities and limitations and says they seem to still be open to working with BB games, possibly their coders figured a work around to support a platform which hypercasual games is the bread and butter.

4. bioded

bioded Boxer

Hello guys, now voodoo ask to add some additional code to Game Analytics -
    2) Add a new level progression event to your game:
    - Add this line when a player starts a game/round: GameAnalytics.NewProgressionEvent(GAProgressionStatus.Start, “game”);
    - Add this line when a player finishes a game/round: GameAnalytics.NewProgressionEvent(GAProgressionStatus.Complete, “game”, score);
    Anybody know how to add it? @Andy

5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

If adding all these SDKs is possible, BB need to post tutorials for everyone really.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I know that start game is possible (I track it myself in my game). And I know as well that you can track score submission (which would be equal to Game Over), but never have made it work. With a small help of someone used to coding I'm sure both are possible. Just need time to look at it.

7. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hey Guys, I talk to Hugo and Voodoo every week. If you have a deal with them, email support and we will sort you out with getting your SDKs installed. We do custom work like this for all of our customers and Hugo knows this.

Also, Andy is working more full time in the development side of the business so won't be on the forum as much. You'll see Zack here more filling in. Just so you know why you might not get a reply @bloded ;) Make sure to email support though and they'll sort you out.

volcank, harislatif, Starman and 4 others like this.
  8. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

That's great news Trey. Thanks for letting us know all is good with hooking up with Voodoo :)

9. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Awesome great! Thanks
    I have send to support ;)

10. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

@TreySmith is there a way to get initial implementation instructions for the game analytics start and end game actions? Or is it a bit heavier coding than just simple line dropping.

11. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, it would be heavier coding, and would be impossible to do deep integration without us making a custom build. But, we do that type of stuff, for free, when people have a definite publishing deal.

volcank and harislatif like this.
  12. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Thanks!

13. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Thanks for reaffirming boss! :D

14. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Sup ryan ;)

To be clear, if anyone has an issue with a publisher and Buildbox. Email me at trey@buildbox.com and I will personally help you with this. We can't fire off custom builds for just any game release (it's very intensive to do this stuff, and takes time away from bug fixes/features), but we will always do this for a top-tier publisher.

15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That’s why I believe tutorials for integrating SDKs like Game Analytics would go down great for customers who self-publisher too.

Seems slightly unfair to only offer it to select customers.

16. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Nahhhh it isnt unfair. They will release better BB version that helps with this, THAT is for the average user. But if a game made with BB is about to get published and all that's stopping it is this, it means more money for them if it gets published. More exposure...more subscriptions etc. So they will then take their time away from updating BB to ensure it happens for you. Also many people have written tutorials on it here.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  17. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

It's hardly unfair. While I agree a tutorial would be cool but if some one has the chance to get a good publishing deal, and showcase the game engine, it makes perfect sense to support someone with a guarantee of success.

AppNasty likes this.
  18. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

And its rather encouraging to us [me anyways] to know that if i do create a hit game, they have my back in a way THEY DON'T HAVE TO. They chose to. Thats awesome.

19. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

Yeah i completely agree with @OneHitGamer At the end of the day.
    ALOT of people are making games with buildbox.
    ALOT of people think/want to get those games published.
    FEW will get published.
    Those FEW, make the ALOT even more driven and make that alot get bigger lol.

Integrating the SDKs just for basic analytics, is not difficult. But like Trey said, once you have to start calling specific actions to trigger events deeper into the SDK. That may only be editable by someone one their side, or someone who understands this stuff greatly. Afterall buildbox was not made for people who were heavy coders, it was made for the other guys. Integrating the gameanalytics SDK is easy. VERY easy. The harder actions, are best left to the guys who wrote the code. And who know HOW publishers want it exactly, in order to make you look even better to them. The last thing you want to do is get a tutorial and have no support, then get published and you cant execute because you couldnt follow the tutorial or an extra bug happened or something.

The BB team is solid, and knowing if one of my games starts the climb, they've got my back. Means that if i ever got one to the top of the store, im a damn BB spokesperson now lol

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm on both sides. I think it should have been part of Buildbox since the beginning and yes, we have a right to complain because the market moved too fast while the software we are using did not. But since it is not part of Buildbox, having the team behind the software committed to help release the game, is awesome. I still want to see this Buildbox game though that gets released with Voodoo because as said, their strategies go far beyond of integrating an SDK. It's the way they monetize that is not possible. But for a very good game I guess they could make an exception. There are different ways of doing things. I will definitely report back if I'm lucky to release with them or any other big publisher.

Having said that, if we publish alone with a clear strategy of UA and monetization, it would be nice to get access to this offer too. I'm all for publishing without an established publisher and go alone in jointventure with influencers, stars or investors. Not everything is Voodoo, Ketchapp and NoodleCakes. Doing some Voodoo while eating Noodles with Ketchapp at leasts merits a good beer. :)