Have A Meeting With Voodoo

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Appossible, Jan 4, 2018.

1. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

So what type of contract did you sign?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It's the type of contract that says you don't talk about the contract... haha. And if he already would have signed a game, he wouldn't be talking to us anymore. He would be partying with beautiful girls all life long... oh, maybe he is doing that anyway already. :)

volcank likes this.
  3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

lol. Trust me, when I find the secret, I will share with everyone here. After all, I want everyone here to be successful. Even getting one game published will change your life!

itzonator and adrogdesigns like this.
  4. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Hey, the meeting was good, they just asked me the basic things like about my team, my location something like that, and asked me for sending them the testflight or something that can be tested on the iPhone. and I've sent them, waiting for the feedback now.

Also asked me if I can build with Unity, coz they need integrate a number of SDKs with Unity.

volcank likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

They do accept Buildbox games for testing. But not for release. At least they haven’t until now. Mainly because of performance and monetization problems with Buildbox games.

volcank likes this.
  6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Definitely not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about these guys at Voodoo. If they know your building a game in Buildbox or suspect that to be the case then they should be up front, off the bat, making all that clear rather than wasting everyones time. Why go to all this trouble having meetings and sharing documents and signing contracts if after all that you can't proceed any further due to the development environment they want and your not working in. Hmmmmmmmm o_O

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It's easy, you change the engine once they want a game from you and port it over. And yes, you can say no or yes to this because it's all upfront. So if you want to work with them and more importantly, they want to work with you, then you have yourself a deal. There is no secrets and no cheating or misleading at all. They are actually as transparent as it can get. And as spicedbeangames said earlier, it's the single most professional approach I have seen in this industry. They really know what they are doing.

8. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

OK. You have a plan. Obviously everything's good when your fine programming in Unity. Best of both worlds I guess. A quick demo via Buildbox then code in Unity for release :cool:

9. spicedbeangames

According to Buildbox support, Voodoo have actually used a BB game. You can hire a coder/programmer to help integrate their SDKs. Also, there's nothing stopping you prototyping in BB to get a reaction from them. They aren't hiding anything.

harislatif and Starman like this.
  10. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

I have been dealing with Voodoo too. I sent them my game Arctic Smash and they tested it.
    Sadly, the game did not get the enough retention they were looking for and no deal was signed.
    But that is not the end of the world, as I left the game in the AppStore and kept updating it and eventually got more downloads and even a feature.
    I really like the way Voodoo works, and going to continue sending my games to them. My experience is super positive so far.

naamapps likes this.
  11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That’s unfortunately not true. There is not one game that is possible to build in Buildbox with all the features included. The one that’s closest is maybe Dunk A Lot from 5about. But even that game is built in Unity. Correct me if I’m wrong but I even asked Voodoo directly and the answer was no. I know though for certain, that a few games were very close to get the needed retention. So it’s a matter of time. A lot of boxers are prototyping for Voodoo, including some of our star assemble. So just wait for it. :)

12. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

What's their response time ? is there any ? or purely luck :)

13. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

That is correct @Christoph - We need the JS API as soon as possible. What Buildbox is missing is the option of putting your own logic into a game. I hope version 3.0 is released sooner than later.

spicedbeangames and Christoph like this.
  14. spicedbeangames

Response time? Normally 7-14 days from your first contact.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  15. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

They have a buildbox game in pipeline, just confirmed ;)

volcank, Starman and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  16. TheGameAppStudio

Thanks for the info ;)

Starman and brakewind723 like this.
  17. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I wonder what it could be :rolleyes:

volcank, Starman and brakewind723 like this.
  18. TheGameAppStudio

My game :D Just kidding ........

volcank and brakewind723 like this.
  19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Can't wait to see what it is.
    I never thought Voodoo would go with a BB game.

Starman and brakewind723 like this.
  20. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Step 9: "Integrate the Game Analytics SDK to your Unity Project"

I got a "game testing" invitation from voodoo and I need follow their guide to integrate the Game Analytics SDK and facebook SDK
    and then submit it to the testing board for testing and publishing if it reaches the expected KPIs.

"Step 9" above is one of the steps of the guide. It says "...to your Unity Project"

I don't get it exactly, I mean, does that mean the game must be built with Unity if you want to be published by Voodoo? if yes, can a game made with buildbox be transformed into "unity game"?