Please Do Not Put Admob Banners In The Game Screen

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DariusGuerrero, Jan 4, 2018.

1. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Just putting this out. Haha. First off, it can make your game lag. Second of all, it's against Admob policy:

"Close proximity of banner ads to other elements within an app is one of the biggest causes of accidental clicks. To avoid accidental clicks, banner ads should not be placed immediately next to interactive elements and app content, which can include (but is not limited to):
      • Navigational buttons, such as a "next" button or a custom app menu bar.
      • Interactive content like a text chat box or an image in an image gallery.
      • On a game play screen where users are continuously interacting with the app."
    If they have a policy like that, I imagine other ad companies have the same thing. Plus, it doesn't look too good doesn't it?

While researching @noahcdesign 's admob problem, I came across these bits of info.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. Jumpingu

Jumpingu Boxer

Close proximity of banner ads to other elements
    On a game play screen where users are continuously interacting with the app

Well I think putting banner ads on the bottom of the screen isn't equal with placing ads over the game play screen. You could simply consider them two separate areas, the bottom is container for ads, and the top is game play area.
    That policy is for Avoiding accidental clicks And I don't think putting banners in the bottom right from the start of the game will cause accidental clicks.
    That's a guess, I'm not sure about it. Someone could ask Admob support about that.
    But as long as Admob doesn't stop people doing that, I still think it's not against their policy.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

They arent saying you cant, they are saying do NOT put game elements near banner as to cause accidental clicks. Thats why i make all my games half an inch ABOVE the bottom, so NOTHING is near the banner at all.

Benfont and swiftcurrent like this.
  4. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

alright i guess people just have to be careful I guess if there's no separate area for the ads. that retro boy game you made I think that'll work because the gameplay is on top , buttons are in the middle, and the bottom has no interactions. but for those games where the entire screen is a joystick, or when users tap anywhere for to jump, or worse, when the buttons and the ads are overlapping or overly close, then I'm thinking there's a chance some people might get in trouble. yeah someone has to confirm it with admob support

ZackGriset likes this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I think you're right tho...it almost seems better to NOT have in game banner so that gameplay fps is as best as it can be. This actually solves an issue with one of my games now. Where when a certain action happens in game, the frames per second drops drastically. Its all because of the ad banner.

Mr Goodcat likes this.
  6. Mr Goodcat

Mr Goodcat Boxer

I can safely say that Admob will cause your game to lag if using in game banners!

ZackGriset likes this.
  7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

After many versions of BB, there is no option to change the position of the Banner.

AppNasty likes this.