Buildbox 2.3.1

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Just duplicate buildbox, and place one in a separate folder, name folder 2.9, then in one of them update it. then you will have two versions.
    just be careful when opening bb.docs, that it opens the correct one you want.

AaroArts likes this.
  2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I’ll do this. Thank you.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  3. sharma.shivam

sharma.shivam Avid Boxer

any idea guys?

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy is Play Cooldown working on 2.3.1? It seems it is not, no matter what I do. Or how should the setup be again so that it does work?

Edit: Close Animation of Gameplay UI (World UI) is still not fixed and does NOT play.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    swiftcurrent likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

From a quick test, it appears not. Sending to the team for a fix.

This is already fixed in the next release. I believe it only applied to menu jumping and actions from within gameplay.

The current known issue with multi-select and copy/paste is an issue related to objects with connections (was creating multiple extra copies of the objects). I just discussed this with the programmer today. Should be fixed in the next release. If you have some specific info to share about other issues I'm glad to hear it.

Christoph likes this.
  6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Copy and pasting multi-selected labels doesn’t keep animations on loops or the original label type on UI’s.

swiftcurrent and Christoph like this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks @Andy. The multiple objects copying error I wrote about above was actually something else (which is why I deleted the post). Sorry about that.

One bug I did encounter though with the multiple selector is, if you copy your character from the start scene together with other elements into another scene it always crashes. Maybe the character should not be possible to select at all when selecting multiple elements?

Another bug:
    When you save your file and desperately change to other apps (like the forum in your browser lol) then it gets stuck and the application becomes unresponsive. Just lost an hour work because of it... (shouldn't have changed to the forum while waiting haha)

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Other bugs:

- Share Screen: Doesn't capture the Game Screen when set to Game Field Screen, it captures Game Over,
    - Animations aren't copied sometimes when Copy/Pasting images between UI's, but sometimes do,
    - Layers don't correspond correctly to the list in the Character Unlocks/Selected windows when Copy/Pasted in (have to paste them in, then move layers accordingly).

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you have a specific repeatable (or even inconsistent) example it would be best to send to support. This may be fixed, but I'm unsure. Support can verify that.
    Again, here an example would be helpful...

Will check into this.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It seems that Death sound is being cut off when entering the game over menu. Can this someone confirm? I have a continue button and when I click it and get back to the game I can hear the death sound finish. lol

11. sharma.shivam

sharma.shivam Avid Boxer

hi @Christoph
    Does leaderboard feature work with buildbox 2.3.1 if we create the apk with android studio instead of eclipse?

Thank You

12. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

I've noticed this as well.

Christoph likes this.
  13. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Oh my God, every day new bugs, i think that we will use 2.2.9 for a very long time.

14. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Do you have a estimate time for a new release?

15. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

The Last Update was fast ;) and before 6 month :/

16. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

Christoph

Did you report this bug to Buildbox? When I first noticed this I thought it was "normal" for Buildbox. I've really only started to get my hands dirty with 2.3.

17. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I have images stuck in my altars that at no longer used.
    I’ve optimised and rebuilt, saved new file versions and opened and closed and they’re still there.

I’ve also noticed some images coming from 2.2.9 to 2.3.1 that were centred at 320px are now at 319px on the X axis.

18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So here's a new bug!!!!

I have 1 Character falling down towards 2 layers, 1 Layer is a goal and 1 is a Menu Jump.

If I test the scene using the "Preview Selected Scene" button, my Character falls and collides with the Layer that starts an Animation and plays a Sound effect, based on a Advanced Move on the Character, and then passes through the Menu Jump. Perfect.

If I test the game using the "Preview" button, my Character doesn't collide with the Layer, so no Advance Move is started, but still passes through the Menu Jump.

If I attempt to move the Menu Jump lower, to give the goal layer more of a chance to receive a collision, it flips the above results.
    Meaning I have two separate outcomes for the same scenes depending whether they've been accessed separately through the level menu or as winning and automatically being moved to the next level.

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

There are a lot of bugs related to the collision shapes. It drives me crazy. For example the pass through from one side sometimes work, sometimes not.... And try to set a collision shape with less than one (like 0.5) you have to do it manually because it doesn't recognize a size lower than one. Or for example set a physics object to no collide and it still collides... or set an enemy to no destroy (instead of destroying character) and it's not recognized anymore as an enemy... I could go on and on... BUT:

I have another problem @Andy: advanced moves, do they work between objects? I can't set it up anymore like I did in 2.2.9. If I put one object react to another it doesn't work anymore... Were there any changes to it or is it as well a bug?

Then again regarding the multiple select tool. It seems this messes now with the connection mode. If you want to move a parent object alone, it still moves all child objects even if you have selected the connection mode. So if you want to move a parent object, you have to delete all connections or move it and then move all child objects back to it's place. lol

Also, when you try to delete an object and there are connections, Buildbox now for some reason can't deselect most of the time the connections so you think you have an object select and hit delete and booom some connections are gone. What a mess.

I am with Phoebe: when is the 2.3.2 version coming? This is urgent as hell. I'm tempted to ask for a refund until all these bugs are fixed. Or at least give us additional months if we are heavily alpha testing this software.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    AaroArts, KidApp, jcalle and 2 others like this.
  20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Did I mention I really dislike that I cannot work offline? My Internet connection is messed up and need service. But the technicians will be available until tomorrow. So Yesterday I had to buy an extra package of Internet for my mobile phone to get (via hotspot) Buildbox to work. That’s an additional 20 bucks just to be able to open Buildbox. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.