Character Destroyed/colliding In Scene Preview

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jonstark, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jonstark

Jonstark Boxer

Firstly hello all,

I have been going through the forum and can see what a lovely community this is. So just want to say a big hello to everyone and a huge thank you for everyone’s effort in helping each other. It really is a great thing to see.

As the title suggestions I do require an expert to help solve a little problem I am having and for good measure and to ensure the answer is not already out there I have searched this forum and the net for help with this problem but have not found a solution.

Background info

So I have attempted to make my first game.

I have been using tutorials or the advice of this forum to put together a endless running motor cross game where you have to balance the vehicle/bike on jumps and avoid obstacles along the way.

So far I have designed and put together everything including 2 scenes however i’m Hoping to create at least 10 scenes in total.

The Problem

The problem I am facing is with my character/motor vehicle.

If I hit the preview button and preview the whole game the game loads as it should and works correctly.

However if I select a particular scene and click preview scene the button next to the “preview whole game” what happens is the game loads to the scene however only the body of my vehicle loads without its wheels, drops to the floor and explodes as the floor is set to enemy.

If I refresh the scene, it happens again and again, the vehicle loads without its wheels the body hits the floor and explodes and game over, even though the whole vehicle appears in the start scene with its vehicle and tyres and I have defo anchored the tyres to the vehicle as it works if I preview the whole game or the start scene individually.

In the scene section as you may know the vehicle/character is greyed out so I cannot have accidentally messed up the settings as it works if I run the whole game or start scene individually.

I have clicked on the tyres and clicked bring forward which I had done when setting the vehicle up so I don’t believe it that.

Any ideas ladies and gents?

I would take a pic but as soon as the scene loads the vehicle without tyres drops and it’s gane over so it’s really hard to capture a picture.

Many thanks everyone

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

OK, welcome.
    So you need to always start the preview with the start scene selected.
    If you only want to test a certain scene, then control S and click the scene you want to test.
    Then select start scene and then preview.
    it will only play the start scene and selected scene you clicked whilst holding control and s

Jonstark likes this.
  3. Jonstark

Jonstark Boxer

So it’s normal if you preview a scene without start scene!

Got it, many thanks

adrogdesigns likes this.