No Downloads Yet

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Framurn, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

Hello b0x3rs i have been spending lot of time lastly for creating a game with a paid assets that i bought, and after one week i finally finished the game with 8 levels and published it on the play store and it's been 5 days and still no single download yet this is my game guys[ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slowax.suli_jumper ] what do you suggest ?

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

All of us, we lauch games and most of them without succes .
    Google Play does'nt help you too much, iTunes is different .
    Promote it !!!
    Write about it, twitter, instagram,reddit,google+,facebook and many more ways , pay some installs and reviews :) , Search Quora :)

3. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

Thnaks Blad300 i don't have much audience to write about it, and what you mean by iTunes is different and i also i don't have mac to compile the game and publish it on itunes

4. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@Framurn, hey! So there are bunch of things you can do to promote your game. I would start with social media. You should definitely have Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Make sure you have a launch page with all of your games listed so people can see all your work. I would also recommend joining facebook groups that have to do with game development. There are some groups created specifically for promoting your new game. Reddit is also a good place, but you need to become more established there before you start spamming with stuff about your game. You can also post your game in buildbox showcase and that will help promote your game. Also, don't be afraid to ask people casually to test out your game in your day to day life. Asking people to test out your games while standing in line can make the waiting more fun. :) The biggest thing I would recommend for the future is that you start earlier with the promotion. It's good to have a blog going where you are showing people the process of making the game. Then announce things like "the game is coming soon!" so that people get excited and anticipate your games release. You also want to create a promotional tool kit for every game you make. You want to have short videos, thumbnails and banners and a bunch of stuff to promote your game and make it look good. These are just a few suggestions. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense. :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

You also can start with Early Acces (Online Beta testing) and ask people to test your game and give feedback
    In iTunes, with every game launched, i had 1000 downloads in first 10 days without promoting anywhere, also get features with a game in Russia and China .

adrogdesigns and ZackGriset like this.
  6. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

Thank you so much for you reply i really appreciate your reply and i have understood everything thanks again

7. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

i will talk to you in your facebook page thanks for your reply

8. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

oh yeah, that's another good idea. Thanks for posting that :)

Framurn likes this.
  9. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Great advice, @ZackGriset! I'm also pretty active on reddit. Got about 4400 Karma now over there so my account kinda has authority ;)
    @Framurn, follow Zack's and @blad300 's advice. Also, experiment with new icons. make a trailer so that when people watch it, and if they like it, they're more likely to download it. Get a ton of friends to download it, rate it, and share it for you. Friends are a good resource :)

Danlespect, Framurn and ZackGriset like this.
  10. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

11. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

aww and the dev paid for it

and249 likes this.
  12. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@DariusGuerrero thanks! Wow 4400 Karma is impressive. :)

@and249 how the heck did you catch that! Did you just stumble upon it on opengameart? o_O great catch!

@Framurn hopefully you didn't pay too much for it. Where did you buy it? You should report the person so it doesn't happen to others.

Framurn likes this.
  13. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

I also downloaded these assets 1 month ago. I wanted to make a game with those. But now I see the game is already made. :(

Framurn likes this.
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

All of the above does not give you any downloads at all. Or at least it doesn't help much. If you have a social site with several million followers it's different, but as an indie game developer creating casual games, building a social site doesn't work out at all. Having a web page and good ASO helps a little, but it is principally for conversion and not for more downloads. A press-kit, as well as review sites or online magazines are only working if your game is very complex and has a more artistic approach or a very special story. It's not the kind of game you want to build with Buildbox.

The single thing that gives you more downloads is called UA and stands for User Acquisition. Basically it's you, doing marketing wherever you can, for the cheapest price you get. If you don't have money to invest you are pretty much lost. As in every other business you need to invest to be able to get a return. The game business is one of the hardest industries in the global market. There is a lot of money, but like with everything else, only 1% takes 99% of the earnings. (just made that up to make my point, numbers might be different).

One last option is to release in collaboration with a publisher, but make damn sure they do have a budget for marketing. If they do not have one, it's like publishing for yourself. The only thing mentioned above which definitely helps is a feature by Apple. If your game is good, apply for it. This gives you a first important push. But then again, you need to invest to get more return.

15. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

16. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

i paid for a big package not only these arts but i think not all the arts in the package are free

17. Framurn

Framurn Boxer

@Christoph thank you so much i really enjoyed reading your motivational comment and i decided to do some ads on facebook because i know how to target people there and push my game to see what's going to happen

Christoph likes this.
  18. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

I downloaded your game. The game is quite fine. But why do I need to collect the crystals? You must add multiple characters to make the game more fine. This will add a sense of goal for the players. Best of luck. ;);););)

19. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

Cool game. Good simple animation. I would recommend that an ad should not pop up after the first death. Need a tutorial on controls. I would place the character a little bit more towards the middle of the screen. My finger get in the way of viewing the character as I'm trying to move it.

ZackGriset likes this.
  20. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

not a good idea, frankly. 99% that you will lose your money. even if you find perfect targeting settings, your CPI (cost per install) will be still very high (more that 1$). your ARPU (average revenue per user) might be at about $0.05 - $0.1. take into account that Ketchapp and Voodoo publishers have about $0.2 - $0.5 ARPU, their games are very polished and well monetized, also with high Retention. you have to have a competitive advantage in User Acquisition, I mean a special trick. with your current game and your intention to implement some targeting on FB, you won't succeed.