Buildbox 2.3 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamranshahzad

kamranshahzad Boxer

Please a video of how to make the apk through Android Studio using Heyzap.

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That’s a shame. It seems to be heading that way for a few now :(
    I’ve got a few projects I’d like to finish, so I’m really hoping there’s a stable release soon.

Christoph and adrogdesigns like this.
  3. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

I posted about ads not working months ago, but got to it was fine, LOL,
    Its a shame but its time to look at different software, i can't justify paying anymore.
    And I'm defiantly not happy with something so buggy, and BB are pushing new software. just fix what we have then push the new products.
    They look awesome, but are useless if we can't use them in our production.
    Goodluck @Christoph , you will be missed.
    When ever i have an issue i just search your posts to find an answer, i don't really bother with posting questions, because most the time you have already given the answer somewhere. Thanks for all your posts and input and helping out so many users!!!!!

Eageron, Christoph and AaroArts like this.
  4. Gbello97

Gbello97 Boxer

5. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hi Guys, I'm out of town at the moment, but wanted you to know I'm reading this and taking it seriously. I appreciate, as always, the honest feedback and I am working with the team to rectify these issues.

I'm also making some internal changes to ensure we don't have issues like this in the future. I'm devoting more resources to 2.X development, improving our testing pipeline, having Nik closely manage the release schedule and more.

We dropped the ball here and I take complete ownership. We will work hard at this and get better quickly.

6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@TreySmith Hi Trey thank you for the honest reply and I am sure things are gonna get much better soon. Only I somehow managed to create a working apk of an app of mine and found out that still android screenshare is not working. (btw apks created in Android Studio are not working with x86 phones and my phone zenfone2 uses x86 and can not install app. So I had to use another old device of mine to see how app was working) I wonder when this will be fixed. It has been more than a year I have been using Bb and this issue is not fixed still. I had created an app which totally depends on screenshare. It is an app that you can send christmas cards to each other but for this app to work we need to be able to share a gameplay screen. The result is I can not publish this app at Google Play and Amazon. I really would appreciate if this issue is fixed soon. Btw I had already contacted support about the x86 situation and I am sure they are working on it.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  7. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Great response @TreySmith Thanks for the honesty and doubling down on fixing things :cool:

8. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

If there's any need for beta testers, I'd be happy to volunteer. I've worked for a couple of months as a beta tester for Electronic Arts, both Origin client and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I might be useful!

Christoph likes this.
  9. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Hello everybody,

I can't count the times, I started writing a post about the newly released 2.3 version but actually everything has been said already. Releasing this version as a stable version is so absolutely unacceptable considering the price of this software. We love this community and Buildbox was a great and fun exprience, especially because of meeting so many creative and passionate people. But we can't take this anymore and it makes no sense for us to keep using this software from a professional perspective.

We are heading the same way as @Christoph does. We are on to a new software now. We also have almost a full year left, so we will be here as much as we can to help out and to observe the further development of the software and the strategic decisions of the management.

Good luck to all of you!

Christoph and Phoebe like this.
  10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Can you not cancel a subscription any time you like if you’ve already have the software over a year?

11. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

We will not port all games we have created with Buildbox over to the new software, so we keep it for updating purposes. That is okey for us!

AaroArts likes this.
  12. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Small hotfix with the important Bugfixes in the next time and the poeple are Happy ;).

13. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I have been a Buildbox customer for 2 years. In those two years I only published 2 games. Today I have 3 games in development but I am very sad with what has been happening with the tool. These Buildbox 2.3 was a disaster. Usually when we have a problem in a Software, in a few days we have at least some hotfix for the bigger problems, but in the case of Buildbox this can take months. If it continues this way it's going to be my last year using the tool. No Healthbar, Timer, ledder climb and many more. Instead of launching this new software package, you should upgrade Buildbox 2.3. Another serious problem is that there are things that you never correct and when a new version arrives some problems still remain there even after we community have warned you. For God's sake put the Admob Rewarded Video. It is unacceptable that we do not have this in Buildbox until today. When will a release version of Buildbox 2.3 come out? Still this week?

14. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I love this 2.3 update, it really makes it a lot easier to create isometric games and I was really HYPED about this update until I reached to the point when I have to hit CTRL+S every 2 minutes in order not to lose my work.

I'm spending most of my day playing with Buildbox and finding new uses for this software. I really HOPE that Buildbox will have some serious competition in this "make games without coding, in lightning speed" niche, cuz I really don't like this Buildbox Hegemony.

There's need to be a balance of power - like the URSS - the USA in the Cold War.

15. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I think the cause of this was the master collection 2 taking all the dev attention, just a theory lol.

Also I just joined buildbox about 10 days ago and seeing all these people leaving is kind of discouraging and making me think twice.

16. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

We did not need Master Collection. Just a bug reasonably bug-free Buildbox.

17. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

And also the wishes of the people sometimes build in ;)

Christoph likes this.
  18. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

In my Country(Brazil) i made some workshops and lessons showing buildbox as a revolutionary tool becasue i don´t need learn to code. At this moment i am thinking if not is better learn to code to make better quality games without many problems that i have with Buildbox. Also when i need anotner type of games i hire Unity and construct 2 guys and pay then. Unity is Free and new Construct 3 is $10/month in Brazil and now Construct export native like Buildbox. As i said if Buildbox don´t make a better work i will leave in next renewall.

19. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I work professionally with Unity and just wanted a game engine to not really program into kind of just flexing my game design skills, but C3 is looking kinda nice right now with all these problems

Member_Game and Astro Games like this.
  20. ngs_i8

ngs_i8 Boxer

Buildbox team are clever! They have removed forum section from main page.... they don't want new users to read this forum and find out how buggy is BUGBOX is really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.