Authenticication Failed

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by DaddyMagic, Dec 8, 2017.

1. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

Why am I getting this when launching Build Box? I've purchased this software yesterday and have yet to get it working. No answers from support yet. I have to disable virus protection just to make it launch but it still fails. Very frustrating for $2675. Any ideas?
    upload_2017-12-8_14-32-37.png

Attached Files:

2. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

3. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

I did but I guess they are busy with all the new stuff going on, Thanks :)

4. vtjniknh

vtjniknh Boxer

I was having this issue and got around it by trying to open an existing project and as fast as possible get to the serial number area.

5. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

What's interesting is I have not had the serial number area popup but I'm guessing it's failing before it gets to that part. On the laptop it installed just fine once I figured out I needed to disable virus protection, which is ridiculous. No other piece of software do I need to disable virus protection to work. I'm really trying to be patient I know it's only been a day or two but with the many problems that I was blindsided by and the fact that after I got to demo the software on the laptop I'm just not sure that it's capable of doing what I need. Still exploring until I hear back from support. I haven't even figured out how to pop a balloon with a finger touch yet or move apples into a basket so surely build box can do these simple gestures.

6. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

Was a solution every provided for this? I'm running into the same issue.

7. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

No, however I did receive my refund today...

8. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

Hey DaddyMagic, this issue was resolved for me. It appears that you'd need to reach out to support and have them "reset your license key" and it will authenticate. Just fyi in case you decided to give this another try.

Respectfully,
    Kosh

9. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, and tried to reinstall Buildbox 2.3 on my new OS. Software installed successfully but after putting in authentication code, it said “Authentication failed.” I have uninstalled it multiple times, then tried to reinstall, and it won’t even ask for authentication code any longer, it just says “authentication failed.” I tried to install other software such as Soundbox and Voxelbox, and they too fail to authenticate. If help desk resets it, how do I use license key when Buildbox won't even let me put it in again after reinstalling it?

10. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Email support. I would also check that your VPN is turned off in Windows 10.

11. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

Once support resets the license key, it will automatically authenticate so you won't need to reenter it. The next time you launch the application it will show a successful login.

Respectfully,
    Kosh

12. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

Thanks for advice! Still waiting to hear from Buildbox support, was about 12 hours ago I sent the request for help, and still no response nor even acknowledgement of help request. Do they typically take a long time or days before responding?

13. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @Kbr954, we usually get back to you within 24 hours on support questions. We usually do not take long at all to get back to you. I'm looking into this right now and I'll try resetting your key

patostar likes this.
  14. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

Thanks a bunch Zack!!

ZackGriset likes this.
  15. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

No problem man! Okay you should be good to go now! Let me know if anything else comes up!

16. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

Zack beat me to it but yeah lol. 24 hours and they handle tickets in the order they are received. Even though your issue maybe a simple reset, if there's 8 tickets ahead of you that require more time to resolve then it can take up to the max 24 hours.

Respectfully,
    Kosh

ZackGriset likes this.
  17. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

Koshinto & Zack, thanks very much!!! I installed everything and all working fine like a champ.

ZackGriset likes this.
  18. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

Zack: I was wondering, why does this have to be reset after my going to Windows 10 if I already own or paid for the BB software? Another question: I've noticed now and before I can't connect to BB when I have my VPN up. Why is that the case?

19. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Oh okay, if you're using a VPN, then that actually might have something to do with why your license needed to be reset. So, typically VPNs change you ip/mac address frequently. That triggers our protection on the license after a single machine occupies too many slots and then it locks you out. So that's when we need to reset your license for it to work again typically. We did this to prevent fraud using a single license. The rule of thumb here usually is no VPNs or similar software in conjunction with BB.

Does that answer your question?

20. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

Zack, that answers the question, thanks very much. Lesson for me, which I will apply from now on, is don't use VPN when using BB.