Buildbox 2.3 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I think B.B. 2.3 doesn’t export SDK implemented on it like before in other releases.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Yes, I implemented it like the other releases but Android Studio still doesn't see the framework.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That sounds very bad.

4. UpperCat

UpperCat Avid Boxer

I also updated without making a backup of 2.9 version (Because the Video of the Preview was sooo promising). @Andy Do we have a section where we can download the last versions of buildbox? If not what do I have to do, to get the last version?

5. lqur

lqur Boxer

@andre_sprs , you need to add the reference to the .jar in de build.gradle (app) file and copy the .jar to the /libs folder.

6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Thanks @lqur I'll test it out

7. M9 Games

M9 Games Boxer

Android Studio worked well for me. Exported from Buildbox, imported into Studio and signed an apk and straight off to Google Play

ZackGriset and wayne_martell like this.
  8. UpperCat

UpperCat Avid Boxer

I tried alot with Android Studio. But I get so much errors.. Which version of Android Studio are you using and are there documentations from buildbox?

9. micdune

micdune Boxer

It should work fine with the latest Android Studio but make sure that you uninstall everything from any prior install, including the gradle and sdk folders you can find in your local app folders. I had a lot of issues because of a mismatch between the version of AS and the different sdks. Another thing is to make sure in case you have any antivirus software that you let java and AS write stuff, again i had some issues when syncing files because java wouldn't be allowed to modify files.

Once you're done you can just open your project (not import) by selecting the android folder generated by BB.

10. M9 Games

M9 Games Boxer

I am using version 3.0.1 on the Mac.

I started off with trying to use eclipse and buildbox 2.9 - which was a disaster (crashes on High Sierra).

I then tried Android Studio and after changing the gradle version number and one line of code to ignore c++ I made about 3 games for Google Play.

Since then using buildbox 2.3 I can export, compile, sign my apk without any of the above changes.

If you want a more detailed process then let me know.

11. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I'm experiencing the same issue @comicsmathias , copy & paste was also an issue in the Beta 2 version which I posted about back on 1st Nov.

When I first start to map out a game, I always create a scene called "Asset Builder" and put all my image assets laid out how I'd like them to appear in my game. This saves me loads of time creating similar patterns in multiple scenes. You used to be able to used connection mode to put together say 10 or 20 assets and then simply copy the parent asset and paste it into another scene. This would duplicate the parent and all associated child assets perfectly in place in the new scene. Now it seems the pasting action is random. As @comicsmathias mentioned, sometimes multiple assets are stacked in a pile and I've experienced them spread around and also the layer ordering is completely messed up too.

Any progress on this @Andy ?

Christoph and comicsmathias like this.
  12. bioded

bioded Boxer

One more bug - im place image in action animation as object and when im trying to reopen project - images dissapear[​IMG]

brakewind723 and Christoph like this.
  13. Phill Mason

Hit Save on a game and the next step "Randomize Scenes" and it crashed - twice. Also copy and paste activity is quite unstable. Seems RC 2.3 is not as stable as we'd hoped for. Also "Reopen" after a crash, doesn't always reopen the doc.

14. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi @Phill Mason could you let us know what you were trying to copy/paste? This was tested a lot, but it might be you are copy/pasting a variation that wasn't tested. For instance, someone earlier mentioned a combination of objects and specific actions together which might not have been tested.

Also, if you can send the BBDOC of the randomize scene bugs to us we would love to see it and fix. We can't duplicate this one.

15. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys,

I was reading in the forum topic a lot of bugs reported by users. To help you i made a list. Please check it and release an update soon because this version its like a BETA 3 and not a STABLE release :(

Please check the list:

1 - What has happened to the randomise field on the spawn rate of spawners? No longer available and my spawners are acting like hoses. Fortunately only updated BB 2.9 on one of my machines.

2 - Here is what I have.

.Deleteing advance move and adding a new one crashes the software
    .Adding collision to any advance move crashes
    .Dropping an image in the animation editor then saving and going back into the bbdoc, the image will be blank and disappear (Only solution to this I found is dropping the image as an object and copying the asset).

3 - BB 2.3 has no Admob video rewards (without heyzap); is this planned in a update? Or will this feature come with BB 3? (Its just a question and i just want to know it too)

4 - So BB 2.3 has just crashed and wiped every image apart from the action image from my game. Pretty annoyed as I have lost a day of work.:(

5 - Here's what I have found until now:

-Advanced Moves crashes
    -Screen elements disappear outside of the window when you try to animate them and move to frame 0 or the last frame in the timeline. Then you have to animate blindly and once you finish you have to hit space and drag the screen down to center all elements again in the middle of the window. This only happens when you have the record button enabled to animate UIs.
    -Closing animation from the World UI is not working. It always goes directly to the Game Over UI (or any other UI you have). (already reported before by mail)
    -it seems that speed and distances are now calculated differently? I have a game where moving platforms are the core concept and they are now all over the place. Not sure if a bug or a huge change in how things work/are calculated

6 - Well With all the words in the world this update is so bad when you thank good that ther is an update with new features, new fixes, and that the life is going to be beautiful... it become a nightmare there always something wrong I think you need to change the way of doing this because this not promising at all. I can see the disappointment of the new boxer coming here we are the old boxer still have patience and faith with B.B. but to how long... without getting any return we even couldn’t get MC or get invited to get B.B. 3 beta and new commer getting it from behind. We are the people who know B.B. best of any one.

-Erased my games atlass when it crach
    -inside object animation of any object if you shrink the image it make it disappear from game scene editor and you just see it I’m debug mode when you get get to original size 1:1 it get to normal state
    - there is no longer random spawner why this was removed
    - There is still problems with Ads sdk's specially applovin so you cant export game with ads and it doesn’t work with heyzap I get linker errors.
    -advanced move crashes
    -in object collision shape when you activate the arrow that make the character go through and land when you do that it becomes impossible to edit the collision until you disactivat it.

That’s What i had remarked for now + what other fellow boxer reported

7 - Something's up with the multiple select copy and paste, I tried to copy and paste a platform with some actions attached. BB pasted 15(!) platforms on top of each other.

8 - Trying to build my game in Android Studio but getting an error stating that com.heyzap.sdk.ads does not exist.
    I already imported the heyzap sdk to the libs folder but it doesn't see it. Is there a new location that I need to import the sdk?

9 - I think B.B. 2.3 doesn’t export SDK implemented on it like before in other releases.

10 - Yes, I implemented it like the other releases but Android Studio still doesn't see the framework.

Thanks

adrogdesigns likes this.
  16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Known issues that will be fixed in 2.3.1

This is all the same issue to my knowledge, it is known now should be addressed soon. For now, you could download the SDK from the ad network and copy the jar file to the "lib" folder in the android export.

If you have some steps and BBDOC where this can be reliably repeated it would be appreciated to send to support@buildbox.com.

The only time we have seen something like this is if using 2.3 and an older version of Buildbox at the same time. If that is not the case here let us know. Also, any specific info on how it might be reproduced would be helpful as well.

17. Phill Mason

Yes, I was referring to my earlier post in this thread - #51, about copying image assets from one scene and pasting it into another. Not sure sending you a doc will help with the randomize issue as I've used it several times without any problem, but just wanted to post that a couple of times, I'd saved the doc and then hit random and it crashed. If you tell where the crash reports are, I can send those to you, if that would help?

18. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Buildbox crashes every time I start using Paths. I place a path on my game scene and add two-three connections and it crashes. Just submitted a ticket with my bbdoc.

Christoph likes this.
  19. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Ok guys lets face it, and we should not let it slide
    Buildbox 2.3 is UNWORKABLE! i started everything with buildbox more then a year now but this i just enough for me.
    I'm really sorry to say all of that I love buildbox and it learned me a lot but this is just F too much

How we can work in software when you have to save every click and make copy of a copy just in case it will crash and erase all your graphic assets, and a lot of us have this issue with new update thank god i had some copys without them two months of my work will go for nothing can you imagine that ?

Even if you copy sdk in to folder even if you add code line to android studio:

compile files('libs/chartboost.jar')
    compile files('libs/applovin-sdk-7.6.0.jar')

Like this in my case you will still get this error:

Error:Execution failed for task ':app:transformDexArchiveWithExternalLibsDexMergerForDebug'.
    > java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveMergerException: Unable to merge dex

UPDATE TO FIX ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE ALREADY HERE SINCE THIS ARE NOT BUGS BUT ITS SOFTWARE
    THAT WE PAY EVERY MONTH AND IS JUST UNWORKABLE AND WORKING NOW LIKE PRE-ALPHA

adrogdesigns likes this.
  20. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Are people having most of the major issues with games they have imported? Are those starting a game from scratch in 2.3 finding its working well? Would be interested to find out the split here? I personally have imported my game with no issues and as of yet found no errors, crashes or anything else thats caused problems (yet)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.