Buildbox 2.3 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cegdkye

cegdkye Boxer

and this when uploading to the AppStore
    Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key "CFBundleIconFile": Icon.png

Xoctrebla likes this.
  2. bioded

bioded Boxer

Have same issue...

3. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Still same problem since Beta 2. On Windows 10, when I export to Windows EXE, there are just a bunch of files and the EXE file doesn't appear. Strange. I was able to export EXE files file in 2.2.9.
    [​IMG]
    Tried a lot. Turned off the antivirus for a while too, just in case it was deleting the EXE file.
    I wanted to make a standalone windows executable for one of my games.

4. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Here is what I have.

1.Deleteing advance move and adding a new one crashes the software
    2.Adding collision to any advance move crashes
    3.Dropping an image in the animation editor then saving and going back into the bbdoc, the image will be blank and disappear (Only solution to this I found is dropping the image as an object and copying the asset).

Well let you know more :)

Christoph likes this.
  5. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

In the next update, can you please add a feature so Joystick elements can interact with objects as well as characters? Also, could it have a checkbox setting to restrict movement along the X/Y-Axis @TreySmith @Andy

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Have you tried connecting the character to an object and making the character invisible, so the joystick controls the object?

7. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I've thought of that, yes. But the point of me using objects is so the player can interact with multiple assets at once -- without them mimicking the movement of each other, like what would happen if I used characters. If I can find a way to connect the character to objects during gameplay simply by tapping on the asset I want to attach, then this would be a temporally fix for my issue. So far, I haven't figured out how to make that work properly. Even if I do come up with a solution, it would still be nice if this were an actual feature of BuildBox.

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Try making a separate thread for your problem, upload a video or drawing explaining exactly what you’re trying to achieve and I’m sure someone will help find a solution.

9. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

This is like the third thread I've made about the issue, I've been trying to find a fix for over a month (I think that was originally why I used my forum account) Each thread is a bit different though; I've added/removed some things as I found out how/if they were possible.

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...ers-in-a-single-scene.11607/page-2#post-62435

10. Miltos93

Miltos93 Boxer

The new version is amazing. Super smooth and fast on Windows 10. Multiple selection is a great feature and it saves a lot of time. Android Studio support is one of the greatest things in 2.3. Especially with Instant Run the games load so fast. I am wondering what of version of Heyzap is used in Buildbox 2.3

11. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So far so good. Only thing i noticed is when i test play game, screen is black until i hit refresh on game test menu. then it runs. also quick Q, why does the tools menu only have remove sounds? what happened to remove unused images etc? did i miss something? lol

12. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

BB 2.3 has no Admob video rewards (without heyzap); is this planned in a update? Or will this feature come with BB 3?

13. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Is Buildbox 2.3 compatible with macOS High sierra?

14. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Spawner randomization, I need to get it back :)

15. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

So BB 2.3 has just crashed and wiped every image apart from the action image from my game. Pretty annoyed as I have lost a day of work.:(

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  16. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Why aren’t you saving multiple versions throughout the day :confused:

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Here's what I have found until now:

-Advanced Moves crashes
    -Screen elements disappear outside of the window when you try to animate them and move to frame 0 or the last frame in the timeline. Then you have to animate blindly and once you finish you have to hit space and drag the screen down to center all elements again in the middle of the window. This only happens when you have the record button enabled to animate UIs.
    -Closing animation from the World UI is not working. It always goes directly to the Game Over UI (or any other UI you have). (already reported before by mail)
    -it seems that speed and distances are now calculated differently? I have a game where moving platforms are the core concept and they are now all over the place. Not sure if a bug or a huge change in how things work/are calculated

18. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Well With all the words in the world this update is so bad when you thank good that ther is an update with new features, new fixes, and that the life is going to be beautiful... it become a nightmare there always something wrong I think you need to change the way of doing this because this not promising at all. I can see the disappointment of the new boxer coming here we are the old boxer still have patience and faith with B.B. but to how long... without getting any return we even couldn’t get MC or get invited to get B.B. 3 beta and new commer getting it from behind. We are the people who know B.B. best of any one.

-Erased my games atlass when it crach
    -inside object animation of any object if you shrink the image it make it disappear from game scene editor and you just see it I’m debug mode when you get get to original size 1:1 it get to normal state
    - there is no longer random spawner why this was removed
    - There is still problems with Ads sdk's specially applovin so you cant export game with ads and it doesn’t work with heyzap I get linker errors.
    -advanced move crashes
    -in object collision shape when you activate the arrow that make the character go through and land when you do that it becomes impossible to edit the collision until you disactivat it.

That’s What i had remarked for now + what other fellow boxer reported

icatt23, Eageron, Dr. Jekyll and 2 others like this.
  19. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

something's up with the multiple select copy and paste, I tried to copy and paste a platform with some actions attached. BB pasted 15(!) platforms on top of each other.

20. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Trying to build my game in Android Studio but getting an error stating that com.heyzap.sdk.ads does not exist.
    I already imported the heyzap sdk to the libs folder but it doesn't see it. Is there a new location that I need to import the sdk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.