Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Hey @DaddyMagic the buildbox office is closed for the weekend. Have you used buildbox before purchasing?

2. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

No, they had no demo or trial available to test, it was a step of faith when it went on sale and its not looking good. I need it installed on my desktop however it did install for whatever reason on my laptop. So I've been able to demo it and it does not look like it's going to work for my needs. The games I need to make are very much touch based that spawns new characters when interacted with and I simply see no way of doing this yet. I need 1 endless "main" level that has for example 5 doors, each door leads to a new level. Each of these levels needs a stationary back arrow to go back to the previous "main" level. Not sure how to put a stationary object on a moving layer yet. I really need it installed on my desktop and for it to work as envisioned for my needs, since I was unable to demo a trial I had no idea if it would work or not. If it won't work for my needs I'm simply not going to pay for it, however I hope that is not the case. I'm going continue to demo to get a better feel if I'll be able to use it until I hear back from support, Thanks

3. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@DaddyMagic the support team of BB is actually pretty good. Just be patient this time, as they might be overloaded with support tickets due to the new release. But under normal circumstances they are quite solid at replying and fixing your problems. I say this based on my own experience with them, specially with Sean who works in the support team..

4. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

ok I'll hang in there, I'm really hoping the software will be capable of what I need as I'll be pushing the limits of awesomeness for sure if it can, thanks

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

@DaddyMagic What was your issue? Thats the good thing about these forums, WE get to help when BB Team cant right now. So what was your issue and we can see if we can get it running for you.

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

If you want a static button that’s visible in your level, place it on your UI. Then you can access any World or UI during gameplay.

But yes, be sure to contact support after the weekend.

7. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

Its getting an authentication failed error when launching but before I can even get to that error I have to disable virus protection.

8. Drago8

Drago8 Boxer

would you like to work with me? i don't have enough money to buy buildbox but if possible would like to work with you if you accept my request and make something awesome together :D . if you would like to discuss more about this you can reply or whatsapp me at: 8286590922
    I'm just looking for someone with whom i can work with so that i earn enough from that, that i can also buy buildbox.

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I’m pretty sure you can only have one computer to a license, so if they activated your trial on your laptop, that might be why it won’t authenticate on your desktop.

You could try removing the trial and starting over, but I suggest waiting and speaking with support.

10. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

email support@buildbox.com and request them to RESET your keys. Then when you launch BB on the comp you want to use it on, enter key again if it asks for it. should work.

11. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

I actually uninstalled it on the laptop and tried re-installing on the desktop and still same authentication error on the desktop. So I reinstalled on the laptop and it worked again on the laptop I'm not sure why the authentication is failing on the desktop but build box does lunch it just fails and doesn't load. Then to top it off worse I just played with the demos on the laptop and the snowstorm here knocked the internet out for a bit and apparently it disconnected build box and closed it. Sooo I see without a constant connection it will stop working. That means I wont be able to take build box on a laptop anywhere if it doesn't have a connection. Had there been a trial demo to find all this out I wouldn't have bought build box. At this point it's going to take alot to change my mind from cancelling out the transaction. The weekend or not this launch was pre-planned for a long time and you don't take off the weekend on a product launch like this, its just a seriously bad business mistake that's going to lose this sale, oh well.

12. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi DaddyMagic, as others have mentioned support is off for the weekend after a very busy prep and launch. We have messaged the license manager to look into this for you. You should get a reply in the next couple of hours. Thanks.

13. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

He has contacted me but authentication still failing on the desktop computer. I will try to be patient, Thanks

14. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

@Buildbox Why are we not allowed to discuss topics like pricing and piracy ...you'd think having an entire community at your finger tips would be beneficial for adjusting the business strategies.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

lol, really? My post was deleted just because I mentioned one of the unspeakable words in one sentence?

Ok, I say it again and this time pissed off because I don't think this is the way to manage a community (+ it was a reply to someone else's post):

I REALLY DISLIKE THAT BUILDBOX IS NOT WORKING OFFLINE!

It's a major flaw. It's what a lot of us have said for a long time now. And Buildbox 2.3 hasn't changed it. I guess Buildbox 3.0 won't either. Internet is not always available and Buildbox disconnects all the time in my personal case which is very annoying. I'm a paying customer and I think that the only one that suffer with this decision is the paying customer. I won't mention the other word, but those others, really don't care. But we do. That's all.

Next time, whoever deleted the posts, please only delete the part that spoke about the unspeakable. We take our extra time to post here and to share our opinions please respect that as well.

Edit:
    I have to take some time off from the forum, sorry guys, but this is getting too weird for me and I might not be in control of what my fingertips are writing lol. :D

Keep up the good work and keep building games. Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Eageron, jcalle, AaroArts and 6 others like this.
  16. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

My post was deleted too, and another one before it where I suggested new prices for the software. I understand that this is BuildBox's forum and they legally reserve the right to remove anything they don't approve of, but that doesn't mean our discussions should morally be removed without warning. At least make it so the draft is saved, and we can edit out the "controversial" topic from our post.

17. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

The buildbox master collection 2.0 is incredibleeeeeeee!!!!!!!! @Buildbox

18. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

It does suck to not be able to use BB offline...but there really isnt a better way to prevent piracy is there? Maybe they could do like PSN does....it checks ONCE a month. You MUST go online at least once per month. They could keep a local file that tells your BB software its paid for....but in 30 days it needs to recheck....in case you cancel sub etc. that way it meets everyone in the middle....still NEED internet for initial check, but dont need it for a month.

comicsmathias and swiftcurrent like this.
  19. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

You should totally give me that extra PC license it comes with ;) You know...cause we're best friends and all

20. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I dont have the master collection 2.0 im just saying from the event it looks really cool. And man recentley this forum is just blowing up with posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.