Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Thanks, @TreySmith for the response! Means a lot! :D

That makes a bit of sense. I just wish there was a price plan that I could afford XD. $999 a month is just too much a month for me to dish out with student loans and other bills needing to pay.

Also, I have emailed support but I have been wondering if regular BB subscribers get access to the BB3 beta or if it is just MC2 purchasers that get it?

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

@Andy @TreySmith I think the Color Switch page is slowly becoming @ risk to the longest thread :cool:

Benfont and thatguyminib like this.
  3. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

But if no one buys from Starbucks, they would have to lower their coffee prices

Christoph likes this.
  4. NemoPiXL

NemoPiXL Boxer

How much is the update MC1 to MC2 ?

5. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

A sale that makes the price $3000...that's how much it should cost before a sale.

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Well, we DO get to see that the software DOES have success with its customers. over 100 BB games have hit the top 100. It is a chunk of cash of course but you have to realize what youre investing into. You can make way more than that back. Of course not everyone has the cash, even 999 payment plan. We can all sit here and say what we wish would happen etc etc, but the fact still remains that BB is NOT a failure and is rising quickly every day. My goal is to pay the monthly, work my arse off and make my creations pay for the software. THEN if they still offer a one time purchase for 2500 or whatever it is, just buy it and get it over with. Then create create create. I do agree however, that all the MC1 $6,000 payers should get any of the part 2 softwares free. Versus charging them for an update patch lol. I would have given all of them BB3 free as well. It was their money that gave BB the financial boost it needed back then. Those few that paid the 6k should be treated like kings forever from that point forward. Its digital software....you have INFINITE copies of it, so its not like you lose anything. And better yet, it allows those people to maybe make hits finally.....Which promotes BB. Either way, i have no complaints because i couldn't buy the software even if i wanted to lol.

NemoPiXL, comicsmathias and Skrubzy like this.
  7. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

I agree that Buildbox is a success, but have you seen ANY hit game that uses Animationbox? Or anything from the Masters Collection 1?

thatguyminib likes this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

lol. Well, this new software will certainly be used a lot once you come up with the cash. The old MC1 was a good start but i dont know anyone who used it at all. personally. I dont really get to speak on these topic anyways, i dont even have a regular BB subscription anymore. Want to, but cant. *feels pain because he cant access customers only section anymore*

comicsmathias likes this.
  9. thatguyminib

I still want to know if regular subs will get access to the beta when it comes out or if that was MC2 exclusive lol

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

MC2 customers will get the first Beta by the end of the year.
    Regular subscribers will get future Betas, closer to release once the software is more stable.

11. Tamsler

Tamsler Boxer

The price is not too high, people's average sales, but at the same time according to his popularity,If the price is very popular, I can accept the price at $1000

12. thatguyminib

Awww dang :/ lol I may just wait to subscribe then till it gets closer lol

13. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

But i meant it as in the people who have the monthly subscription should also get this "upgrade" for free because we are paying more.

14. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

I for one would have liked to see this as a bolt on for monthly subs. I.e for additional $ a month you can lease MC2

15. stockdevelopers

stockdevelopers Boxer

A question for buildbox team.
    As trey said "With each software you get a seat licence that lets you install on two computers"
    what does that mean?
    I means that i can use this mastercollection softwares on two pc simultaneously.
    Please answer this.

16. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

EDIT: the BB team apologized, Thumbs up.

17. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

@TreySmith Thanks you for explaining this. And the team apologized via mail, so it's all good now ;-)

Christoph likes this.
  18. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

You know I only use it like a hobby and I wasn't going to get it, but trey is like the godfather and made me an offer to good to refuse. Still have a lot of question about the 3D capabilities by I'm sure all will be reviled in time as 3D modeling is my background !
    It was a great sales pitch so top marks on that !

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

One thing guys, if you are short of money don’t buy software that you can’t afford. Buildbox is a cool software and yes, some games made it to the top. But that’s not because of Buildbox but because they had an excellent marketing (and the game was good). Buildbox is not a cash machine. Just to make that clear to all therookies out there. 99.9% of us game developers fail at getting rich. There is no easy way of making money. And to market your game is one of the most difficult tasks which needs A LOT of money. So if you don’t have any left or you are not even able to pay your other bills do yourself a favor and don’t buy expensive software. :)

Just thought I would mention that as well because when I started 3 years ago to make games I believed all this nonsense of making easy money with games. But I learned the hard way that the game industry is one of the most competitive and difficult ones in the world. And I’m saying that after having worked for over 15 years in the film industry before.

NemoPiXL, Jollydo, Buildbox and 4 others like this.
  20. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

All I know is after 2 emails and a post if support doesn't contact me to get this running on my desktop then I'm cancelling my transaction within 48 hrs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.