Xcode 9.1 Error With New Bb2.3 Export.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Dec 8, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

I was so excited to update one of my recent apps with new BB 2.3 today.

So I arranged everything so it looks good also at iPhone x and older iPhones exported it. The build is fine. I also added the icons by myself. And BOOM! When I tried to upload the update to appstore it gave the error below.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}

iTunes Store Operation Failed

Description length:169779

iTunes Store operation failed

ERROR ITMS-90032: “Invalid ımage Path - No image found at the path referenced under key “CFBundleIconFile”: Icon:png

Does anyone live this issue or know a way to get around it. Somewhere at forum I read use apploader but it is asking my app specific password which I don't remember at all. Is there a way to fix this. I don't use any heyzap nothing in this app only Admob. I would appreciate the support. @Andy @TreySmith

Also I would appreciate if you could create a youtube tutorial for Android Studio since seems that is the only option for us to export to Android. I just tried and Eclipsr is not working with the current exported files.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Apple is still making minor changes, happens every year as things shake out from their major updates. We'll check it out. We already fixed one icon issue a couple days ago. It's also possible the issue is temporary. Anyone else experiencing this?

Android Studio is pretty easy, just install the latest version, accept all updates when prompted, make sure API 26 is installed, and then you should be able to build to the device. We will have a video or tutorial soon, but it should be super easy and ALMOST not needed. :)

3. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

+1

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Andy Ok thank you! So I guess we will be waiting for the udpate then right?? Btw How about heyzap for Android studio? Is it also that easy?

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Xcode is now on v9.2 that might fix the issue.

volcank likes this.
  6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@AndyG @Simon Crack Cool let me check that out! Thank you!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    AndyG likes this.
  7. omjanu

omjanu Boxer

in my game I am having a lot of trouble because of iPhone 10. my graphic and level are not fitting into the iPhone 10 and it is a lot of mess so if anyone has a solution then please let me know

thank you

volcank likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Try to auto feature in screen adjustment it should be quite helpful. Today I checked one of my games with manus icons etc and the menu items and the gameplay somehow fit perfectly fine!

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Andy @AndyG Just upgraded to code 9.2 and still the same problem I can not upload to appstore. @AndyG Did you manage to upload to appstore??

Also @Andy When we try to test a specific scene and iphonex is selected the simulator inside Buildbox does not start so I need to change it to iphone5 resolution which takes away that selected scene thing and we just need to restart the game from the main menu and first scene. So we can not test a particular scene we are working on iphonex.

10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Andy! Trying to make an APK here! I could generate a signed APK but it doesn't seem to open in my iphone. I selected import project which I believe is the one to choose right? I really would appreciate a quick start up quide for how to import and build an apk at android studio. Thank you! I updated all the files etc the apk is created but won't open in my android phone.

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I can confirm this problem. Can't upload to the appstore with Xcode 9.2.

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.53.33 PM.png

Any solution to this? I need to upload this asap. @Andy? Did you manage to release/upload a game exported from official release 2.3?

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, just resolved it myself.

Go to your info.plist and delete the line that says Icon file. (Just click on the minus sign)

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 4.09.00 PM.png

After this change you can upload without any problems to iTunesConnect.

The problem was that with Xcode 9.2 and iOS 11 you need now to use the icons with Images.xcassets catalog. So once they are transferred into the catalogue you don't need the Icon.png anymore which is why it gives the error. Not sure if this is something that can be resolved from within Buildbox or if this is something we need to do from now on always when exporting. Let us know. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Christoph Great and right on time! Thank you so much for this you just saved an apps life tonight to be uploaded to appstore! LOL!

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, this is brand new... it was working a couple days ago. Most likely happened during the Xcode 9.2 rollout. Such is the time of year... so much fun. ;-)

Christoph likes this.
  15. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Thanks to grandpa google and the ios masters of stackoverflow.com i also found the solution.

16. Tamsler

Tamsler Boxer

I will not try it until the problem is solved

volcank likes this.
  17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Tamsler There is no problem actually all you gotta do is follow @Christoph 's screenshot and delete the icon file in info.plist and also you need to import your icons in Xcode manually. Then you should be fine.

18. omjanu

omjanu Boxer

yes it does help little bit but still have lots of problem with iPad and iPhone X and also my in-app purchase is giving me error that cannot connect to the iTunes store so if anyone has a solution please let me know

19. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

This worked for me! You are a life saver! A million thanks!

20. SpencerKMcGee

SpencerKMcGee Boxer

You're a life saver! I kept running into this issue!