I Have Come To A Conclusion!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thatguyminib, Dec 6, 2017.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

For the longest time, I have been a lurker on these forums and the youtube channel. I love the idea of Buildbox but nothing seemed to push me towards buying it until I heard about Buildbox 3.0 and all of the new features it would have! Especially excited for the node and javascript functionality! I feel that alone could bring on a whole new area of untouched ground especially if other boxers can create nodes using javascript and give them to others.

So like I said though I have come to a conclusion. I will for sure be buying Buildbox 3.0 when it does come out. Not only that but I have been seeing a lot of people here wanting a Buildbox game jam! So if it comes out tomorrow during the event or a thing where if you purchase Buildbox you can download the beta then I will host a Buildbox game jam on itch.io for the community. :D

Can't wait for Buildbox 3.0!

Skrubzy and adrogdesigns like this.
  2. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

What is your conclusion?

Benfont likes this.
  3. thatguyminib

4. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

He's decided to buy BuildBox. That was the conclusion.

5. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Well, truly said, in that way BB will never be 'codeless' anymore. I know that you'll be still able to finish a game without coding but it will probably has no all needed features/possibilities to be close to the market unfortunately. From the other side you have a Unity or Unreal for free which are also node and code friendly with tons of free stuff, tutorials etc. I think Trey is going to give you more free stuff like collections and other BB oriented software to create basic 3D objects with easy but it will remain as entry level software to the gaming industry - what is cool - but for the current price not really, because of bugs mostly :/ and lack of bug fixes etc. I think $10 per month is the max amount to spend on such a software, but working software. And maybe some provision if start earning lots on it ;)

abdussadik and tite like this.
  6. thatguyminib

I feel like it will @TreySmith is always about helping out the people that can't code so I feel there will be a lot of options to make games still without coding. Who knows with BB3 there could be a bunch of people doing tutorials. I know I for one am thinking about it! :D

tite and Skrubzy like this.
  7. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Shhh don't talk him out of it ;)

BulidBox is introducing the option to code custom scripts for your games. It is not required, but if it benefits your game, you can do it all inside of BB. Before this was a feature, you would have to export the game into some other program that supports code -- Which was probably very annoying (I'm not sure, I've only recently come across BuildBox so I haven't encountered this myself). Besides, BB3 will have multitudes of new features and elements to help develop games, so I'm not too worried about learning how to code.

8. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Buildbox 3 will definitely not require coding, and we expect 95% of our users won't use this feature. This will be for the people want to do something really crazy in the software that would have issues with nodes (like a level creator in your game, multiplayer, or advanced feature we haven't thought of).

Danlespect likes this.
  9. thatguyminib

Hopefully, we will be able to create and share node templates to make it easier on those that want an extra feature but can't or don't want to code.

Christoph and tite like this.
  10. tite

tite Boxer

The good thing is that thanks to the coding, you can create not only games but also applications?

11. thatguyminib

Yeah, I am excited to see all of the things that the community creates!