"bin" & "gen" Subfolders Missing - The Apk Doesn't Work !

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Yoocris, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

Hello dear colleagues!

In the last few days I've been working on a new game and I've already finished, exported, made the APK with Eclipse, tested the game, everything it's OK.

After that I've made a slightly different version, with slight changes in scene design, exported it, built the APK but noticed that the mobile device doesn't "see" the APK so it can be installed.

Now, going step by step, I noticed that in the exported folder from Buildbox is missing two subfolders - "bin" and "gen", and I suspect that's the cause Eclipse can't build a functional APK (during construction it doesn't give me any error, however).

I tried to do other APKs from other projects and they go, so the problem is not Eclipse. I have exported, again, the original project, from which I did the version I'm talking about and it works, as well (here I can find the two subfolders mentioned, after the APK it's done), only the alternative version doesn't work.

The folder has only about 38 MB and the name given to the new version is, of course, different.

One more thing, if I right click on a functional APK, the file type looks like it is ".apk", but if I right click on the non-functional APK, the file type it's something like ".name-of-the-game".

What could be the cause?

2. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Oh man I have exactly the same problem same missing folders too WOW!, have you found any solution? It's making me crazy I can't export anything :/

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

If you do not tell us the version of BB you use, it is very difficult to help you.
    If you used BB 2.3.x, you have to use Android Studio, the 2 folders that you mention that you are missing, are no longer necessary in the new type of export that BB does.

Remember:
    BB 2.3.x Android Studio and Java JDK 1.8
    BB 2.2.x, Eclipse and Java JDK 1.7

Follow the video tutorials in the forum (use the search), and you will not have problems.

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

In a nutshell....update to BB 2.3.x and use Android Studio. All will work.