Color Switch

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Machine Rises, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Great game and execution! And wonderful use of actions and connections. Already over 10,000 downloads and if it gets a feature this is gonna be a huge success.

Not sure if the info screen is missing a background or if it was intended this way. But the text how to play for example is exactly above the COLOR title and difficult to read. This is on a 4s, no problem on the iPhone 6. And you asked, but no, there is no lag on either of this two devices.

Hope this works out really good for you. Fingers crossed.

Machine Rises likes this.
  2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Amazing Game M.R , Good luck :)

3. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

Very nice work man! :)

4. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

thanks for the feedback. I noticed that too but my pub insisted it be that transparent haha. I can't read it either:confused:
    Wow I didn't even know we had that many downloads haha. I've just been working on promoting it and looking at rankings. This is my first game in over a year after getting burnt out with other software I was using. I made this game in less than 30 minutes with BB:D I mean the core game function and color wheel. Levels took me a week.
    Of course I spent a long time polishing it up. this all started five months ago. Shout out to @Aaron F for helping me early on with this game as well as my buddies @Collin Wade Thiessen @Simon Crack @Florian Porkert for their valuable insights and help as well. I know I'm missing people so please excuse me:D

5. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Just downloaded and played it @Machine Rises, I got 4, any good? Real nice, simple UI and addictive gameplay, congrats, it has a great feel.

6. Machine Rises

playsgames6666 likes this.
  7. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Nice Job man. The game looks great. Good luck! I will head over to Product Hunt soon.

8. Phillip Kung

Phillip Kung Boxer

Great game, very well polished. Went ahead and upvoted on product hunt. Hoping you break that top 100!

9. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Agreed that this is a good game! The publisher you chose uses interesting marketing campaigns. Given the virality of his Facebook video with the baby in it playing your game on Facebook, it will be interesting to see how the game goes viral. Even more interesting to me is whether or not you will get featured this Thursday, given that you launched this yesterday (Sunday). I don't know official eligibility requirements about Apple's features, but I thought someone had said that the game has to be launched on a Thursday to get that Thursday spot. Also, though I heard that viral traffic coming into the store by clicking a link (rather than by searching) is harmful to the ASO-based ranking system Apple uses (harmful to ranking if not found through search), it seems that -- by Thursday -- you will likely have both types of conversions in the App store (by link and by search), and that this will demonstrate that your game is valued. It will be a big selling point to Apple, should you ask by email about consideration for a feature. However, I do not know if this will work or if Apple only considers those apps launched on a Thursday. In any case, I hope it does really well for you; appears to be doing well already. Thanks for sharing it and your progress.

10. David D

David D Boxer

That's an awesome game, congrats!

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think this is completely wrong:
    Grove planet was launched Nov 30, 2015 --> Monday
    Frontier Defense was launched Dec 1, 2015 --> Tuesday
    Black Boxes was launched Dec 1, 2015 --> Tuesday
    Hyspherical 2 was launched Dec 2, 2015 --> Wednesday
    Spider Square was launched Dec 2, 2015 --> Wednesday
    Super Skip World was launched Dec 2, 2015 -- Wednesday
    Aralon: Forge and Flame was launched Dec 2, 2015 --> Wednesday
    Mad Aces was launched Dec 2, 2015 --> Wednesday
    Sequence - Connecting Numbers was launched Dec 2, 2015 --> Wednesday
    Totes the Goat was launched Dec 2, 2015 --> Wednesday
    Rayman Adventures was launched Dec 3, 2015 --> Thursday

This is strange. I started the research because I was sure to find a lot of games from other days than Thursday, but now it seems most of the games are launched Wednesday. And even stranger than that, there are several games featured in the US section of Best New Games this week that were released earlier and had an update last week. For example:
    Glow Worm Adventure was launched Oct 26, 2015
    Speed Guess - Something was launched Jul 3, 2015
    BLOCnog was launched Nov 17, 2015
    Monster Castle was launched Nov 26, 2015
    Mumbo-Jumbo was launched Nov 12, 2015

Anyone knows what's going on here?

Jamie likes this.
  12. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

I'm not sure which day to launch. Like I said, I have heard that launching at the midnight border of Wed and Thursday of a week is the sweet spot for eligibility for consideration to be featured by Apple. However, it does appear to be the case that some featured games were launched prior to "new feature Thursday" in the app store.
    If you launch on a Thursday, but you don't get featured, then you might get left behind in the dust of those that do get featured. If you launch on a Thursday, and you do get featured, then this may help you gain significant traffic and help you climb the rankings. So, I'm not sure which day to launch...

13. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises Wholly crap thats amazing!!! Can I use your publisher? I've got a whole 3 downloads (android) and released on Sunday as well lol (could you email me their contact info?) I can use them for the App Store release :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  14. Machine Rises

Wow guys my app shot up the US APPSTOR OVER NIGHT:eek::rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. Machine Rises

@kodagames you can email: contact@fortafygames.com for inquiries but that's all I can do. You might want to show me your game first because I can help guide you in any changes before they see it. They are very specific.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  16. sunny

sunny Boxer

congrats @Machine Rises! fun and addictive.
    actually I reached out to the man himself directly lol.
    but it looks like Fortafygames, they are actually EyeBoxGames? (who in there own rights are great game devs with many published by Ketchapp). i have a feeling they have partnership handling his publishing.
    http://www.eyeboxgames.com/games.html

17. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Congrats!!

18. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

19. Machine Rises

We're trending on US Appstore:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

20. Machine Rises

@sunny I would only email their contact email. If you do otherwise they will not like that. They've told me many times if anyone is interested to email their contact. If you can imagine they prob get many people contacting them otherwise and they don't have time for that. You will do more harm than good that way. I highly suggest anyone uses their email for any contact: contact@fortafygames.com