Buildbox 3d: First Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Buildbox, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Awesome Evolution :) We're excited.. Period!

volcank likes this.
  2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Using JavaScript will be excellent.
    Very excited now :)

trudnai likes this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Awesome stuff, @TreySmith! If one can create device specific implementations for these custom nodes then BB 3 will be truly limitless.

4. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

If we could finally have the ability to create a real platformer with custom variables, or a legit top-down with an upgrade system I'd be very pleased.

5. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

As a lot of you guys know, with each new major release I like to create a game. Like Phases for 1.0 and The Pit for 2.0. For 3.0, my goal is to strongly bust into the indie market. In order to confirm we can do that, we've just started the initial stages of a truly indie game. Isometric platformer (think Mario 64) with a deep story, cut scenes, and legit upgrade system, RPG elements, etc. So yeh, we're on the same page.

volcank, AndyG, wakilo and 11 others like this.
  6. MattGamer

MattGamer Boxer

Now we're talking. Looking forward to seeing it.

7. kingjayy

kingjayy Boxer

Anyone know how to make apk for android 4.2.2

8. kingjayy

kingjayy Boxer

make it so it make a apk right away

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@kingjayy
    The default settings (AndroidManifest.xml) will work for all versions of Android after and including 3.0. So there is nothing special needed for Android 4.2.2.

kingjayy likes this.
  10. kingjayy

kingjayy Boxer

@Andy
    which eclipse i should i use to get this

11. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Awesome :)

12. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

Well there you go, buildbox is going to change every thing for indie developers its going to be like a revolution with all those node based creation and java scripts, hope you add some features required by the customers mostly.
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/buildbox-3-suggestions.9789/
    Waiting for its release date and some more sneak peek. :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  13. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Any multi player & PVP modes @TreySmith ? ;) Also what about shooting in all directions which till this day we do not have :)

14. kingjayy

kingjayy Boxer

Some errors are come up when i switch it to that

15. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

It would be nice if you would fix 2x version first before jumping onto 3rd. I can't even imagine how many bugs would be in the 3rd version. Current Mac version of BB2 has broken export to Windows/Steam. Do you know about that? I reported it here on forum and wrote to support, but they can't help obviously. Just letting everyone know - Buildbox's builds for windows are raw, freezy, laggy and buggy as hell making it impossible to submit it to any platform in finished condition without a touch of senior programmer which would clean the mess that BB produces. Very very frustrating experience. If you can't deliver a finished product or export module - simply don't include it. May be you should clearly say, hey, Buildbox is intended only for mobile platforms. This would be fare and nobody would be confused and spending money on something that is not working! Currently I can't release my game on windows and basically just paying money for Buildbox for nothing. I can't submit to windows/steam platform because osx version of BB has steam/windows export broken, and even if I export it from PC like I said, builds are raw, freezy and buggy.

comicsmathias likes this.
  16. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Windows specs are usually better than mobile phones. Please don't take offense in this, but have you optimized your game well? Did you limit the number of atlases in your game? Did you remove unused images and sounds? Do you spawn too many objects or particles in a scene? There are a number of factors here. Best way you can fix this is email support again. Send them a copy of your BBDOC. They're very supportive and responsive. One of your best bets is contacting @taepovt as he has published Dreamlike Worlds on Steam . Good luck

17. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

No problem :) Of course I tried to optimise as much as I can.

Well since it was targeted to Windows platform I think having 7 atlases should be ok.

Sure thing. Optimised/rebuilt atlases, removed unused sounds and level objects and turned lots of duplicate assets in levels as clones. Still the same.

I tried even removing all sounds/ particles - it still stutters and lags. It also crashes a lot.

Don't have spawners at all. I have coins that use particles on pickup event, but again I tried removing all particles - same problems.

I did. It's already more than a month since I wrote them and keep writing to them. Obviously they can't help or just don't know what to do, or they're just busy doing more important things. But they're aware and confirm that there is the problem.

p.s. Thanks for info. I'll try asking him!

DariusGuerrero likes this.
  18. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

It would be great when Buildbox have the following function:

- Scrollable Menu (or multible Menu selection)
    -AdMob Video reward
    - more variables/ costum global variables - score/distance/coins is not enough
    - if/else logic (combine with the costum variables-would be a huge step forward )

does anyone know if this function will come (or some of this)?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  19. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

Have had support confirm exe export problems. Built a full game with 1 atlas. Soooo much lag it became impossible to play. I'm told it's being worked on...

comicsmathias and Christoph like this.
  20. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Aw. I'm sorry. Didn't know it had problems now as some BB'ers were publishing on Steam just a few months ago with Phases and Dreamlike Worlds. Are you going to make a full move to Steam now? You done with iOS / Android?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.