Is It A Good Idea To Pay To Promote Your App

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Bilz636, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Very often, developers face a very tough question concerning app promotion; whether or not to pay to promote the app. With so many different free channels of promotion, a number of individuals feel it’s unnecessary to pay to promote one’s app. That, however, is utterly incorrect. There are a multitude of factors influencing the promotion of an app and some of these factors most certainly require payments. If you’re still not entirely convinced that paying to promote your app is a good idea, let’s change your mind about that…

Complete control:

Very often, free channels of promotion will catch your attention. However, they won’t always serve you well. With paid channels of advertisement, you can be in complete control of the entire advertisement process. Advertisers can customize targeting, OS, geos, and choose the type of traffic. This kind of control cannot be found within free channels of advertisement. Moreover, putting in effort in free channels of promotion can be a little futile primarily because of the lack of control that advertisers have.

Paid advertisement channels will give you different kinds of tools:

There are certain tools crucial to an app’s success that will not be provided to you if you only rely on free channels of advertisement and promotion. For example, if you’re advertising through a paid channel, you will have retention rate tools which will tell you how many employees come back to your app after the initial download. There are also blacklisting tools which you can use to ban traffic coming from poor sources. By controlling the quality of your traffic you can promote your app in a much more effective way than you would have been able to otherwise.

[​IMG]

Tracking solutions can be collaborated with:

A number of platforms will allow you to integrate with tracing solutions. This isn’t something that you’ll be able to do if you haven’t used paid platforms. You may be wondering how this will be of help to you. The answer to that is simple; you can track your campaign’s performance effectively at any point during the campaign. This will give you much more control over your app and will allow you to promote your app successfully and effectively.

It is of paramount importance to understand that free channels will only help you reach a certain level, after which there will be several obstacles that you will have to face. Like any other thing in the modern world, you need to understand that the success of a campaign relies on the investment you make in it. The better your investment, the better the results.

Src:
    http://gamesmarketing.org/good-idea-pay-promote-app/

Aswathy Jain and davidbarbet like this.
  2. Aimee1122

Aimee1122 Boxer

If your app is good enough, then it's worth to pay to promote app.

3. Aimee1122

Aimee1122 Boxer

but your should choose the right channels. for iOS app, you can runASM(App Store Search Marketing). It is Apple official Ad bidding optimization.When someone search the relevant keyword, your app will rank at the top of the search result page. Data shows that over 65% of downloads come directly from a search on the App Store, so it’s an efficient way to boost app downloads.Many iOS developers have started to do the App Store Search Ads.

4. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

thats true!

Many of us spend time to make awesome game and polish them. Unfortunately, sometime our app dont get attentions from apple or publishers (maybe they get a lots of request thats why) what ever we do! even ASO no longer helpful in the terms of getting downloads. so in such case its ok to pay little to boost app and gets everyone attentions. if app is well monetized so there is 100% guarantee on ROI.

i had spent $600 on app boosting by gamesmarketing.org , within 10 days my chartboost had more then $600+ so i wasnt in loss lol. before boosting my chartboost earning was around $1-3 on daily basis.

in term of business
    "you have to spend small or large amount in the business to make it sustainable."

davidbarbet likes this.
  5. Akash Khatkale

Akash Khatkale Boxer

Where have you promoted your game for 600 $ ?
    Can you suggest some best websites to promote

davidbarbet likes this.
  6. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

yeah sure just inbox me

Arsmen Studio likes this.
  7. Jessica0416

Jessica0416 Boxer

App promotion is very important. Even if developers have created a perfect app, no one will know it if developers do not promote it.

8. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

True
    As far I know, It's a BUSINESS and most of the app dev do not want to invest money on app promotion things and rely on FREE CONTENT which is no longer useful or he/she's not only one who using FREE CONTENT. if they invest little saving on app promotion then they want ROI on numbers of Downloads | Reviews they gets.

I would like to clear one concept about paid reviews or downloads, You are doing this because you want more downloads to increase visibility score and rank high and it has nothing to do with ROI "Returns On Investment". Dev can makes ROI only how they monetized their games (how they popup ads).

9. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Durrant the first month of the game release, paid promotion is a must if you want your game to stand up and rank in different appstore categories

10. Akhil

Akhil Boxer

After publishing, app promotion is very important to reach your app into top charts. You can use some keyword ranking services. I personally use AppRank PRO for my App Promotion.

Aswathy Jain likes this.
  11. Aswathy Jain

Aswathy Jain Boxer

I suggest AppRank PRO for app promotion. It provides keyword installs , direct app installs , ASO services, backlinks and free keyword analysis . Just have a look.

Akhil likes this.