Middle England - Buildbox Meetup - Where Are You Based?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Phill Mason, Feb 10, 2017.

?

Preferred City Location?

1. Norwich

11.1%
  2. Cambridge

22.2%
  3. Peterborough

22.2%
  4. Northampton

11.1%
  5. Nottingham

22.2%
  6. Leicester

11.1%
  7. Coventry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Birmingham

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I've seen a few folks trying to setup Buildbox meet up's across the globe and it's always difficult to try and find a venue that's suitable for everyone. Just recently @edwin organised a London meetup and myself and a few others were unable to attend due to either day, time or location.

So, I think a more localised meetup would suit better, if we have the numbers that is and it's not too far for most to travel. So where are you based and which day would be best to attend.
    I've added a poll of popular cities across the middle of England, so please response with your preferences, I'm hoping we can find something fairly central, thanks.

Choose multiple places in several locations would suit you. I hope we can get something together for a Springtime meetup.

All the best
    Phill

edwin_simonds likes this.
  2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Hi Phill,
    I'm from Bucks currently but can travel a bit.
    I prefer weekends anytime or late afternoon or early evening like 8 pm on working days.

Phill Mason likes this.
  3. Phill Mason

Nice one @Astro Games, guess we'll let this thread run for a couple of weeks to find out if we have enough takers in our region.

4. Phill Mason

I'm guessing we don't have many folks here living in and around the Midlands area. If you do and you're interested in meeting up, please let us know here so we can consider organising something, I think it could be beneficial for all involved, cheers.

Failing that, a more national approach maybe required. Let me know where in the UK you're from, there maybe an ideal location for many others.

5. dan_counsell

dan_counsell Avid Boxer

I'm up for meeting other Builderboxers, however, I'm based down south (in Brighton), and so far I seem to be the only one.

@Phill Mason Maybe we could start a UK Google group, and organize a virtual meetup in google hangout?

Just a thought.

Cheers
    D

6. Phill Mason

Yup, I think it's leaning that way @dan, we'll tee up a Google Hangout once we've got a handful of folks. Glad to have you onboard :)

7. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Certainly up for meeting other UK Buildboxers!

8. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Derby here! Will just say Nottingham lol.

9. happydays

happydays Boxer

Is that your GTR in your profile picture, If so, how do you like it? Does the engine roar like Godzilla? Any mods you done to it? That's my dream car and it caught my eye on your profile.

10. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Dad's. I'm only 19 so plenty of time for me! Depends, thing with GTR's is you'll never find two cars exactly the same, there are SO many different tuning companies out there for them now, I bet 90% are tuned, with 60%+ being quite heavily tuned. Almost every component can be upgraded and swapped for improvement, not just mechanically, but also cosmetically and electronically. It's had some mods done to it yes :rolleyes: GTR's are very tame with the stock exhaust, the rear box section is pretty free flowing (Will allow up to 700/750bhp) and doesn't have much silencing, the biggest restriction are the downpipes, if you change the downpipes, it roars like the car should!

Anyway, back on topic....