My 3rd Bb Game Stolen

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AaroArts, Apr 16, 2017.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Hello everyone.

So this seems to be a recurring thing recently.
    Frustratingly, someone has published an exact copy of my game "Colorz".
    This is now my 3RD BUILDBOX GAME to be ripped and re-uploaded.

I only found out because someone kindly messaged me on Twitter.
    Unfortunately, this Dev is having the same problem, the person also cloned their game "Amazer", which is how they found me, when looking through this persons "other Apps".

I wouldn't care if they changed the artwork, or made it unique.
    The most infuriating thing is, it's an EXACT copy.
    They've downloaded the .ipa, converted it back to a .BBDoc, edited it in BB (removed IAP & adjusted AD ID's), recompiled it and re-published it! AND MADE IT LOOK SHIT.

According to App Annie, my Game has featured 153 times on App Store category pages.
    According to App Annie, the Clone has featured 451 times on App Store category pages.

HOW? It's ranked his second most downloaded game at the moment o_O

My "Colorz" Game:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Their "Bad" Clone:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't care it's cloned... I do care it hasn't been re-skinned at the very least.

If you want to see if this person has stolen your game too, view here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/developer/john-athey/id1209171878

Something has to be done about this.
    If a Buildbox game has even the slightest success, it's immediately ripped and republished.

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

The next Buildbox release 2.2.9 will allow you to add encryption when you export your game.

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Also, my game uses a couple of sound effects from the BuildBox assets, so technically this "cloner" doesn't have a license for those assets do they?
    How does that work?
    Are they infringing on BuildBox too?

4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Man, take a big breath and relax...clones are every steps :) ,but if you don't want a clone , write to apple and say that app violates your intellectual property rights , they should remove the app, and BB team prepare some encryption also...so you will make an update ;)

AaroArts likes this.
  5. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

This person has ripped off color switch,sky and even other famous games tooo!!!!!!Hahaha he will not give up!

AaroArts likes this.
  6. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

But when will it release 2.2.9

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Haha I know.
    But as I've said in the past, it's the fact they've used my artwork.
    Sometimes it takes just as long to make game assets as it does to design the game.

Apple won't remove clones. You can't even report it. All you can do is send them a DMCA and they put you in contact with the other developer/publisher. That's it.

SuperVudu likes this.
  8. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

Really?

9. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Did you even try ?

10. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Thats not true. You can report it.
    Yes they put you in contact with the other publisher but if not resolved apple will remove it for you.
    When you contact the other publisher, he most likely won't respond, then just let apple know he's not responding and they will take action, and remove it.
    Good tip as well, if a publisher has a few of your games in one account, report the games individually and after the third report there account will be banned:cool: Just wait a week or two between reporting the games.
    Though its just a pain, and a waste of time, time you could be better spending.

AaroArts likes this.
  11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I didn't try this time around, but last time I did and the dispute was closed with no action from third party or Apple.
    I'll try again, but I can't see how this situation is any different.

12. playsgames6666

I have had dozens of games removed, and one publisher removed from apple.
    Just as long as you show links to your game and there game and explain they ripped your game and graphics, it shouldn't be a problem.
    I also had one publisher respond once saying sorry, and he removed it, and another telling me to F off, and good luck getting it removed.
    i screenshot his response and sent to apple, and they removed it. And now his account is gone.... But probably just set up a new one..
    Its a pain and a waist of time, i have given up reporting them, time best spent elsewhere. its a shame they do it, but its always going to happen. just keep making more games.

13. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

WOW even SKY - Can't even make a proper sentense for the title - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/journey-into-to-sky/id1221697104?mt=8

This guy must be running a cloning factory

harislatif likes this.
  14. playsgames6666

Your game is not in his store listing anymore...:rolleyes: Or I'm blind

AaroArts likes this.
  15. akrmtch

akrmtch Boxer

It was hard
    But the app has been removed from Appstore. I'm happy. Because I spent a lot of time and effort on the game (Amazer! A minimal puzzle).
    In interviews with apple they said they support the solution between the developers.

In this case I think that "Buildbox" is wrong. What about the financial loss that I'm going through? Everyone is doing this job. A solution must be found as soon as possible.

AaroArts likes this.
  16. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

It is avaible ...but in 2.2.9 , your data will be like unity or unreal ".pak" file encrypted if you want, you can choose if you want encrypted or not.
    I think is good think for you, for your marketing if anyone steal your game, it's look it's made good :) .
    It's promote your game, and after a while you write to apple to remove it :)) , then others people will want to play the original version :) .
    I know 2 persons , they made youtube tutorial " How to make a "xxxx" Clone " , and in description they have download store :) .
    Some people want to be cloned :) , only in 2016 are more than 2 millions of clones, piracy things, some reports show that flappy bird is most cloned gameplay of 2015, 1/3 from uploaded games was flappy bird clone :)).
    We live in that world, you also sometime you steal something...an image,or a idea, something...you must see the good part from it.
    Belive me ... i want my games to be stolen, and cloned, and show up some tutorials, how the f*** to clone "Crossy Dots" ,some Reddit post "Download Crossy Dots clone" , but i don't have that chance :) .
    The game is not downloaded to be played, what to say about stolen,cloned and so on :))

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  17. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

It might sound like a good tactics but I don't think its the right thing to do.

I agree with you on one thing though, which most developers are innocently guilty of, and that is taking ideas from other games and making it their own.

Just like Cowell will say, he loves someone making someone elses song your own :)

blad300 likes this.
  18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Oh yeh :O
    He must have seen this thread... because I was only just about to report him.

I'm glad you got it removed :)
    He also removed the Sky one.
    Keep an eye out though. He may re-upload!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    playsgames6666 likes this.
  19. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Can't you guys see that the guy is clearly reading all this posts and likely also commenting and showing support for apps to be removed...

20. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer