About Ketchapp Cross Promo Api Integration.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Apr 4, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi all,

I am working on a project and planning to send it to publishers. Ketchapp is one of them but there is one thing I am wondering.

They always have a croos promotion system while the game starts a frame like Chartboost ads and am sure they do that through their server and that has to be integrated through some sort of coding. Has anyone here published through ketchapp?? Is that hard to do? I know recently a game called Jumpy is released through Ketchapp and I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me on this situation.

Thank You

Volkan

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Trey has released multiple games with Ketchapp so I don't think there is a problem with using their server code and adding it to the xcode project

volcank likes this.
  3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Not 100% sure, but i think you just give Ketchapp the source code of your game and they will implement it, and they will compile it and submit to the stores.

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm yes that sounds more of doable route I really hope it is that way. I guess they just implement the code inside XCode and Eclipse. I have also thought that could be possible. Thank you.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes thank you and I have played most of them but still was wondering how the process was. Thanx

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I would of thought it was just a chartboost campaign, which they update from their chartboost dashboard.
    I'd be interested in knowing the exact process too though :D
    It's definitely something we need to implement before sending to publishers I think.

volcank likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

They use their own back-end software and SDKs. Every publisher has their own. Also, IF they accept your game, rest assure they will implement it or help you how to implement it. Umbrella for example gives you some PDFs that explains it step by step. I'm pretty confident that for others this is the same. In short, don't worry about things you can resolve once they are real (and immediate) problems. :)

volcank, playsgames6666 and AaroArts like this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yeah I get you Christoph. Thanx a lot for the advice. Which publisher would you go first if you were to send a small casual game? I have a small game I would like to share with a publisher. For now my list goes like:

Appsolute Games
    Nanovation
    NoodleCake Studios
    Ketchapp (Even tough I asked about their API integration I am scared to send them a small casual game which they might copy easily becuase of all those horror stories :))
    NoodleCake Games

Ok I won't worry about things I won't resolve anymore? Btw how hard it is to integrate Heyzap Rewarded video ads with Mediation following your tutorial. I always see some other discussions like Heyzap didn't work because of SDK 10 or 9. I am a bit confused right now so I stayed away from Heyzap for a long time but at the same time I feel awkward because I still don't know how to implement it.

Thank You!

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I think it is not Chartboost they have their own coding to integrate that. The frame representation of their Cross Promo Ad is different Then Chartboost also the way it comes to screen.

AaroArts likes this.
  10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yeh, looking at them now, they are :) you're right.
    It's possible though chartboost though.

So, I was wondering about HeyZap, because I only use Admob, because it's easy and you can track revenue live (pretty much) in the Admob App.
    I'm just really hoping BB introduce Admob Reward Video integration. That would solve the problem for people like us :D

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Integrating Heyzap Mediation is very easy. I mean really easy. If it wasn't I wouldn't have found out. I'm not a coder nor am I a Xcode expert. I'm a good observer though so just follow the steps and you will have set it up in less than 10 minutes for the first time. Then for all updates you only need like 1 minute to set it up again. It's really really simple. Trust me.

And well it all depends on your game. If it is going to crush the charts then you really want ad networks compete for your space. You can get ecpm of over $10. If not and your game is something smaller, admob alone is the much better way to go I think. You don't want your money spread over a lot of ad networks.

volcank likes this.
  12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you Christoph for your advice I will consider them. You are right now checking some games they all have a kind of rewarded video systems seems not adding it would hold me back also thinking if I ever want to send my game to publisher I think I need to integrate it since it is the the main thing now in appstores. Even I don't add it seems they will demand for it. Thank you I will try Heyzap and will let you know how it goes. Ah btw 2 things bugging my mind.

1-When I see heyzap implementation I see we need to set up ad network setting of the GUI scene to Heyzap in order for Rewarde Video to work but how would I show Admob only then?? Will I have to do it through Heyzap Again?? Or maybe I would add another GUI connected to Game Over I think so make that extra GUI to Heyzap and set the Game Over GUI to Admob maybe don't know.

2-Even I set up rewarded video ad following the tuturials and I only set up Heyzap no mediation to see videos the rewarded video button I create never shows up. I followed almost all the tutorials in the forums tried them but didn't appear. Also waited around 30 seconds still nothing. Do you know why this is happening I would appreciate if you could help me on this. Thank you.

For now I reward the player with Coins every 20 minutes. Check the game here.

https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/stack-emoji-hopper-game-impossible-flip/id1212310916?mt=8

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you use Heyzap mediation with admob then you have to use it through heyzap. Setting it up additionally as well will mess with the code and give you errors. Double SDKs etc. You can use Heyzap with -lets say Vungle- and set up admob separate though. Not sure if you want to do this though. It's nice to have everything in one dashboard. Also. You still get paid by each individual ad network. No change there.

The video button not showing up might have something to do with geo location or fill rate. Try to use a VPN.

volcank likes this.
  14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok Thank You So Much! I will try VPN and also will check about Mediation settings with Admob through Heyzap. one thing I don't like about mediation is most of these services mostly want to show up their own ads instead of let's say Admob. I would like to have only Admob for my interstitials actually. Anyway I think best way is to try and see which one suits better. Thank you so much for your guidance and helping me.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Heyzap/Fyber has video interstitials and video reward. No statics. No banners either. You definitely want them though. Their ecpm can be very high (more than $15) if they are able to fill. They normally only do with very high quality engaged and US based players. So admob would still be the most used one in your case. You also might check Facebook though. They also serve practically everywhere in the world.

volcank likes this.
  16. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm I didn't know their ECPMS were this good. So you mean their fillrate are mostly based on US players right?? Yes Facebook seems to be a very popular ad network I see KEtchapp is using a lot actually.

17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

OK did everything you said in the tutorial everything went fine the build was successfull but nothing is showing. Do you know why can that be? I am using Xcode 7.2.1 and using buildbox 2.2.8 version. I downloaded SDK 10. XCode didn't give any errors and it build fine I added Applovin, Admob, Unity ad Vungle as Extra mediated networks. Ah btw I imported the other networks as folders do you think that is where I did wrong? Should I import them as folders or the files in them only? Thank you

18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The framework folder. :) try to run the test suite and see what it says!

volcank likes this.
  19. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Check this one too @volcank - I had similar problem because I've downloaded SDKs through PC, it's better to download directly to Mac.

volcank likes this.
  20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank You I am already using a Mac and doing everything through it but still it is good to know. Useful knowledge. Thank you.