How Bout Buildbox Store!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Apr 3, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

I am sure this has been discussed before but why isn't there a buildbox store. I am sure it will be powerful and bring more people into the action. Not just selling game templates but also selling stock graphics, royalty free music, Photos and much more. Chupamobile is doing it right now not only selling Sourcecodes but also selling graphic assets for games. This can bring even non gamers (motion graphic artists and music composers into action) I can hear some people saying this is a gaming community and this will basically destroy the core buildbox structure etc. kind of thoughts but I don't agree with that I am sorry. A nice store where people can also earn money (sharing revenue with buildbox) selling their creations will make this community stronger and bring many new faces to the action. Right now I see buildbox is made up of only boxers and number1 factor for that the 99 dollar price. But when people will see opportunities they will start coming in here and Buildbox will spread more I think. Just my few cents I wanted to share with you.

playsgames6666 and eyal like this.
  2. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@volcank Well, buildbox store is a small business, frankly. I mean it's small for big players. Buildbox is a big player for sure. Every action requires time and resources, so, establishing a store will take them much time and resources, then supporting and developing. For Buildbox is more profitable to invest this time and resources into new big games for Nanovation or Ketchapp, for instance. That's why stores are made by small indie like we are. We launched our small store that we are improving constantly.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I understand what you mean but stock imagery and music is also for big players. I have been into this business before being an indiedev and just like publishing a game with a publisher Nanovation and Ketchapp if you sell with Big Boys like Envato, Shutterstock and itsockphoto you can make good decent money with them. They have never been small always big and their SEO is very strong and they are popular. I have been working with videohive since 2010 you can check my portfolio below.

https://videohive.net/user/volkankutlubay/portfolio

This is what I was trying to talk about not a small stock site. Check the popular files at videohive and other market places of Envato and check how much they sell per week. This can happen with buildbox since it is becoming popular with gamers why can't it be with asset providers as well. Me and some of my friends I know have always been looking for newer stores to sell our stock graphics and footages and Gaming industry is one of them. This move can make Buildbox big.

Besides all that I am talking about my current love has turned into game developing rather than asset creating even tough I know I could make much more money if I focused on that area, I shifted my concentration to gamedev since 2015 since mobile is the future.

4. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

A well-built Buildbox store that works well would be fantastic for everyone. For sellers, buyers and Buildbox, they would earn their % per sale.

But it's not easy, and I suppose at the moment they are centered on Buildbox 2 and 3.

Although as I say, an Unity Asset Store style store would be great for everyone.

By the way, Volcank, I did not know what your profile was in Envato. And now that I see it, I bought you some templates for After Effects ... how small is the world! :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Oh really Have you?? That is so great to know yes the world is small isn't it. :) I hope you liked my items I wonder which one have you purchased? :) Yes it is not easy btw and as a Buildbox user first I would like to have a solid Buildbox 3 with all 3D features. That is a must but this store idea is something that can be brought to life slowly as Buildbox develops. Since appstore is hard to be discovered we indiedev can make some money on the side while we work on our games. :)

SuperVudu likes this.
  6. gheorghe9512

gheorghe9512 Boxer

7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer