Collision

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ZyzygyGames, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ZyzygyGames

ZyzygyGames Avid Boxer

How can I do when I collide an object it changes the image to an image and then get back to the original, some ideas?

2. TMac

TMac Boxer

Hi, you could maybe make the object an action. When you collide with it (collect it) you set it to play an animation to replace the object and have it active for only the time you need it.

3. jxhgbriq

jxhgbriq Boxer

add "Advanced Move" to your character and change values for "Advanced Move" to:
    -Event: Collision
    -Affected Asset: "your object name"
    -Timeout: "value in seconds" (example: your value "2", image will be back to normal after 2 second"

Edit: I've realized now. You asked for object, not character. sorry. :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. ZyzygyGames

ZyzygyGames Avid Boxer

When I was reading that I got excited but what a disappointment, hahaha thanks anyways.

5. ZyzygyGames

ZyzygyGames Avid Boxer

Hey mates, I did it, I created an Action and:

Added an Action Animation to it(Adjust the size).
    Action Type: Coin.
    Action Placement:
    Powerup.
    Action Behaviour: Replace(I think this is optional).
    Duration: 100.

And then put the action in a wolrd(drag it to the world), then copy it and paste it in the Default Animation of any object you want.
    As you see, it doenst make what I wanted, but it is a great to take advantage of. The duration is 100s so it will maintain the same animation for a while but anyways the player have to move to another place and then the object will disappear so it doesnt matter right now.

Note: you have to Edit the Collision Shape of the Action to make it smaller because for some reason it makes bigger.

Probably this week I will publish the update of my game and you can see the effect, I think its ok for me.