Unlock All Characters - In App Purchase ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ramiucef, Mar 4, 2017.

1. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Hi

is there any way in buildbox to unlock all game locked characters using in app purchase ?

like in the game shop, i can add a purchase button " unlcok all characters " for all characters instead of buying a character alone ?

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Not specifically.

I haven't tried this, but did you try to use the same IAP Product ID for multiple characters? Might be some workaround similar to that you could use if the principle works.

AaroArts and ramiucef like this.
  3. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Thanks for reply Andy. That was my initial idea, using the same IAP Product ID for multiple characters, but since it's an IAP, i wanted to get more infos about this .

in order for this the work and keep a great players experience, the best thing to is to have for exemple 10 characters unlocked using game currency , and 5 characters using IAP .

anyway, this can be a good feature to add to buildbox, allowing the unlock character using game currency like usual , and a the same time having a purchase button linked to all characters to unlock all .

well some people would say why not make IAP for every characters ? the reason why i suggest the unlock all characters button is from my experience , an user can be willing to purchase all the characters at once for a high price, and i think you have already seen lot of games using this kind of IAP.
    so i think it would be great to have this as monetisation model .

NexxStudio likes this.
  4. NexxStudio

NexxStudio Boxer

I like the idea. Certainly a great monetization option and as a form of restorable in-app purchase :)

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The crossy road monetization would be ideal I think. Let the user choose for each character if he wants it to unlock randomly or directly buy it for 0.99. We just would need this double function.

6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Actually i think we need this function, not only for unlocking characters, but also for unlocking all the worlds. yes most of us are using coins IAP to unlock new characters, but what if the player want to have all characters and world unlocked ? ( this depend in your games ) it would great to provide an unlock all package ( atleast for characters )

alright i will explain more , you said that it would be a double fonction, but you forget something, this is a monetisaton strategy, it's not about features or fonctions of buildbox that will help make a game, but it depend on player behaviour toward your game.

let me give you an example : you got a game that have like 30 differents characters each one can be unlocked using IAP
    when user open you game or when he get on game over screen, usually he will check the game shop and characters selector
    so he play the game more and enjoy it, he bought one character for $0.99. but if the player after certain time, get bored or doesn't want top play you game, or simply not interested in unlocking more characters, well, that's it.

but, if he donwload the game for the first time, play it a little and enjoy it, and enter the to game shop, and find a button to unlock all those characters for $19.99, he probably would be interested in that moment and purchase all the characters .

this can be a great feature in buildbox, you for example reduce to iap price for one week, and send push notification for all users with a promotion offer of the game items.

this is way i never get to unlock all your game characters ( void jumping ) i need to buy coins and then unlock one by one, why not just unlock all characters at one time? i think that would be great :D

Christoph likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

yeah, definitely not against it. I just think that not a lot of people would make use of it. IAP are almost dead. Much more in casual type of games. Now if you had the chance to unlock one character at a time choosing between coins or make an iap then this would be even better monetization wise. Like Crossy Road. You see a very nice character and want it but really do not want to wait until you unlock it randomly. Baaam, in app purchase. Crossy Road made 10 million in the first 4 weeks because of that (+ the video reward ads). I doubt they would have made that much money if they had a unlock all characters at once kind of iap. It just is counterproductive retention wise too. And retention is what we are after, at least in games with ads.

ramiucef likes this.
  8. jxhgbriq

jxhgbriq Boxer

Did you try to add an iap lock button?
    --Properties--
    Function: Default
    Unlock: In App Purchase
    Destination: Menus

Redirect to a new menu when the button is unlocked. In this menu, add "logic > unlock" as many as the number of characters and change each unlock properties to
    Unlock Type: Unlock Character
    Object: Character 1, Character 2 bla bla bla...

When you back to character selection screen, I think all characters will unlock.

PS: Sorry for my English. I'm not a native English speaker.

9. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

@jxhgbriq is this legit?
    that would be really handy for me

@Christoph What do you think about that? works ?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  10. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Just to update, I've came up with a Workaround for this, having is consideration that all my characters can be bought with in-game currency, the all characters button will grant them enough gold to buy all characters in game :D
    [​IMG]

11. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

well, i don't think this solution is convenient, because we want all characters to get unlock directly when to player purchase to iap, and not to buy coins then manually unlock every character, we already know how to do that :rolleyes:

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Well that sounds about right. Didn't this work?

wesam_badr likes this.
  13. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

what jxhgbriq is working I have implemented in many projects just use the look button to lock a menu ui with IAP and drag the unlock logics to unlock neither characters or worlds I hope they added a unlock logic for remove ads or anything that can be purchased in the game