Got This From A Publisher

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by eyal, Dec 19, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Hmmm....not a bad idea. And i can use my FB skillz to help get it popular. We shall call it....'The squishy page of gaming goodness.' or 'The Game Designers Guild' Personally i like things that are squishy.....

Gregory Storm likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

What ima do is set it up so devs send in their games, which we then post. Gives better credibility to the devs as well as the guild. And allows for less moderation unlike when you make a Group.

4. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Woah that was quick. Great job @OneHitGamer . Why dont you direct your Joshua higgins page people to this. It will start the car.

5. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Change the name to: Mobgame, or something other, but short.

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

That sounds more like a game dev company. A single entity. I have over 30 pages and one thing ive learned is the title should be a general idea. The Game Designers Guild, not only is catchy and makes you feel APART of something, but its specific to what the page is about. Game Design. THAT will bring followers. MobGame or something isnt a recognizable title. People will see it and not know its about game development.

Christoph likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The thing is that there are already tons of pages about game design or games. Like playsgames6666 already said. And they really are not helpful at all. You can check them out, people post their games and they do not have any likes or comments. People who play do NOT involve themselves in this kind of sites. What you need is a site like your Joshua Higgins page or the box guy. So people can follow something else they identify with. They do not identify with games per se. I'm building a fellowship myself and started a few weeks ago with it. In the first week I got 1,5k followers. I know how to build it bigger as well but I really do not have the time for it. It is hard work. And one thing is to get followers, the other thing is to get them involved. If you already are making money with your games you could hire someone to do the work. That would be ideal.

Jaky1, playsgames6666 and Nihat like this.
  8. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@OneHitGamer I totally agree with @Christoph people do not engage in game design pages but fun pages, which provides them fun content.. Make it a specific fun page, not guild, people don't like that.

Also Christoph it is not that hard if you got like 3 or 2 admin for the page, you can share the work.. Share funny content first. When audience builds, you present ypur game then..

Christoph likes this.
  9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

We shall see lol. Lets have a race then. Who can get x page most attention. Then, whichever page wins, we all become admins and move on with it. BTW, i will win. lol

Gregory Storm and Jaky1 like this.
  10. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

LOL :D

AppNasty likes this.
  11. Chris Goodman

Chris Goodman Boxer

@Kevin W couldn't agree with you more i think its all up for grabs you've just got to get it right.

Kevin W likes this.
  12. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

While I appreciate the idea of your apology, when you say things like "just to defend myself a little in front of your personal attack" when I was the one defending against your original baseless statement, it kind of weakens your apology. It's like starting a fight, throwing the first punch and then running to the teacher when you get punched back.

There is no war and there is no need for one. You made a statement disparaging one of my games and thus insulting all of the people who collaborated in creating that game. I don't take kindly to you cracking wise about games made by indie developers that I proudly stand behind. Whether it be one of my games or any of the other indie games you mentioned, I stand behind the statement that you are not in a position to say whether any game fails or not because you do not know what anybody's motivations or goals are with their games. It's a ridiculous thing to say. Full stop.

With that said, Happy New Year to you. I'm happy to address your points:

#1. If you're gauging any game's download numbers based on Game Center stats, stop doing that. You will always be wrong 100% of the time. Game Center is not analytics and has almost zero correlation to the number of downloads a game has. I've seen Game Center show only 10% of downloads. I've also seen it show 70% of downloads so it's all over the map.

. Swipeland hit #132 in Family, #286 in Arcade, and #1035 in All Games. Where did I say Top 25 or Top 100 in All Games?

#3. Let's talk numbers. The industry average cost to acquire an install in the United States is roughly $3.04 (https://www.chartboost.com/insights/). And that number does not include burst campaigns which are more expensive. For example, let's take 3,000 installs and multiply that by $3.04 per install. That would easily run you $9,120 worth of user acquisition costs.

#4. You said, "We all know that you need superb quality in your games to make it retention wise." That statement is not even close to being true. If you saw the majority of the submissions I get, you'd know that most people don't know their games need to be quality or they have a different idea of what quality is. It's so prevalent that Trey had to create a course just to help people learn what it means to create quality games.

#5. The reason you spend $3 dollars or more acquiring one user is because you know that one user can pay you thousands of dollars. Most users will never spend a dime in your game so you hit them with ads, but some users will spend thousands. The problems with most simple casual Buildbox games is there is no way to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in the game. But that doesn't mean the simple, casual games are dead. They just need to monetize better and/or have better retention.

blad300, Christoph and Kevin W like this.
  13. yama_zi

yama_zi Boxer

any one can advice me with a good publishers guys ??

14. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

There are so many talks about this subject, you can make a search and see what publisher to choose, every publisher have different types of games.

volcank likes this.
  15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

So true! There are many publisher types. For example I know it will be a very obvious example but Ketchapp still continues to publish casual games with minimalistic style and they are still prototyping games. Their latest prototype is from the famous game BBTAN and they called it Ballz but almost everything is an exact copy of BBTAN.

Btw Yes I believe making interesting and more levels is important but at the same time we shouldn't forget the dopamine factor. We should find ways to feed the brain with stimulations both visual ann audio. It is all about making the player want to come back to the game. to get tha dopamine factor. Candy Crush makes it with great soundeffects and by rewarding you more than enough in the first few levels. In Clash Of Clans it is being the conquerer etc. What does your game has that will bring back the player. It is funny enough maybe that it makes you laugh each time you play. This is the way I look at game design but at the same time yes we should avoid casual repeating itself games unless you are planning to sell it as sourcecode only.

Astro Games likes this.
  16. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

This thread was clearly written before Voodoo times.
    Casual games are here to stay

Starman likes this.