Score Reset Problem. Bb File Included

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Shawh, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Shawh

Shawh Boxer

@Rainyday IIRC I did try many different methods to try to add up score on each stage and reset if game over. But since I'm not subscribed to Buildbox for a while now, I can't tell for sure but I was told that the next version at that time(2.2.8) will probably fix this issue. I think you can try either removing the world attached to the UI screen that brings you to the next level if you always want the score to be reset, otherwise if you want the score added up you can attach the world to the UI screen.

2. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

Thanks for your reply even 2.2.8 didnt fix that nor beta 2.2.9 i dont know about the normal 2.2.9 or the coming release since they mentioned it would be fixed in the coming release !

I see what you are saying ..

But if i removed the connection between worlds and ((( the next level ui as you call it )))

That will require a new connection between the event observers in those worlds and the randomizer (( a world that have a number of scenes with a menu jump in each one that match the number of the levels which are basicly the other worlds ) and i tried this with coins but still i need to set up the score as
    All worlds
    Total
    And if i set it as current score it will show just the amount of coins in each world and once the player finish that world and redirected through the event observer back to the rabdomizer to choose a random next level once the player starts the new level his score gets back to zero .. so that wont works because i want the score to adds from worlds tk another untill the gameover or starting a new game where i want the score to get back to zero ..

Plz dont just say you need a programmer ... if you know any programmet who is willing to do it let me know ..

3. Shawh

Shawh Boxer

Hi @Rainyday I guess this may solve your issue from what I understand.

So you have World 1(where you have structured your level) and its UI connected with the given properties. Next what you need to have is Another world(Make this one empty and let's name it World 1.1) and connect this one with a new UI(for World 1.1) as well ~this is all related to World 1~ and once you reach either the given event observer(coins/points) or menu jump on World 1, connect its observer/jump to World 1.1 directly, not its UI, and add buttons like next level on the UI for World 1.1

Now you can do the same thing with the rest of the worlds you have and the score will probably get added up.

EDIT: In order to reset the world, you can make another empty world, where whenever you lose, the gameover should be redirected on that one and set that empty world so that it plays for a second and you get directed to the main menu screen. This was one method that I tried before.

Rainyday likes this.
  4. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

ok ok

the first part works just perfectly i connected each event observer in each world to a new empty world which is connected to next level ui and at that point the score is adds up in the game and iam able to set my score label as

all world
    coins
    current

so thank you very much for that ...
    now the second part which is the most important part i need i couldnt understand or i might understood you wrong how could i set the score back to zero
    ( hint : all of my worlds ui has a gameover event observer which are all connected to one game over ui which of course has many navigations buttons either to main menu or other things >>>

so could you please explain what do you mean by the game over should be redirected ??!!!

i tried a few ways before i write this reply
    examples :

set a a new world for each of my worlds and connects them through gameover observer so when the player loose in the current world he will be directed to the new world related to that current world ... and on that new world i just put an obstacle move on high speed and hit the character then on the ui of the new world i set up a new gameover event observer which i connected to my main game over ui >>>

but this didnt work ??

so any lights here or further explanation would be much much appreciated

5. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

6. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

can any admin revert on this? @Andy

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but the next release will be able to force a reset of ANY world during a start or restart of the game.

8. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

I remember that i read somewhere that the issue would be solved in the second pre release which you are close to release ?

Have that been released yet ... iam asking for one reason we are a group of there and my friend who is the last one of us who had his license for buildbox and that expired around aweek ago so we dont have access to the members forun and honestly we arent renewing any of our licenses before hearing that thing been fixed just yo save the time on our monthly license ... so did you release the second pre release 2.2.9 which has the score reser fixed ? @Andy

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Not been released yet, likely in the next week or so.

Rainyday and ramiucef like this.
  10. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

also Andy, is the android back button bug that cause game check points to reset be fixed on the next release ?
    thanks in advance

11. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

Thanks @Andy !

We love buildbox and we want to stick to it as far as possible ... trust me if you guys keep fixing the issue and maybe adding game achievements and other game accessories you will gain more customers because people wont need to look for anything outdoor ... i mean even if you have a kind of service which you will be charging people for technical support or selling some plugin which can be added to buildbox and anyone who want to purchase that must have his activation number and in that case you are staying the main polar and increasing your sale at the same time of improving the customer satisfaction ... just thinking loud !!

12. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

@Andy has this been fixed yet?

13. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

Any update on this?!

14. Avinash Chimata

Avinash Chimata Boxer

Any solution on this?

15. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

Hey!! I just found a solution for this for my game but the bbdoc you attached isn't working. I'm getting a "unable to load data" message. Would you mind reuploading so I can try and fix?

16. Avinash Chimata

Avinash Chimata Boxer

Hi, can you work that out with my bbdoc file? I also have the same issue. Score resetting to 0 after closing and opening the game. Here is the bbdoc file of my game .
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wB3FiIzfQXuwpaAadv0Acf6H91rG9Sdd/view?usp=drivesdk

17. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

Would you mind elaborating a bit? The score resets when you close out of the app and go back in? The bbdoc you sent seems to all be working fine!